- Text Size +
May 12th, 2014

I am backstage in the boy's dressing room. We were in Barcelona. It was the last night for the European tour. I am in the room preparing all the guy's outfits for the after party. As I am putting sticky notes on whose outfit belongs to who, I look up at the tv. It's showing the concert. I laugh to myself seeing Nick dance sexually and teasing the girls. I knew it was all in good fun. Nick and I started dating not too long after we met. The tabloids went crazy when they seen Pauly D's ex was not Nick Carter's arm candy. I have to say I often wonder what Pauly thinks or if he thinks at all when he sees me and Nick together on the red carpet or having dinner. From my reading on Pauly, him and his baby mama never got together, infact they hate each , but share custody of their child. Of course, Pauly is back to his old ways and surrounded with a different bimbo every night. Creep. Suddenly Nick calling my name breaks my thoughts. I look around, and lastly look up at Nick on the tv, looking in the camera and calling my name.

"Genna??!!! Genna can you come on stage please?" Nick called.

I was confused. What the hell was he doing. Before I went on stage, I looked at myself in the mirror. I had my long dark hair in long spiral curls. A dark purple maxi dress, that showed a little too much cleavage, and silver gladiator sandals. As usual I had make up on, but it was a natural, bronze look today. I took a deep breathe and left the room and started walking to the stage.

"Genna, Genna, Genna" I hear the crowd chanting my name.

I reach the stage. All the stage managers are patting me and on the back and smiling. Weirdos.

I walk on stage, and the crowd goes nuts. Camera's flashing. Nick is in the middle of the stage, holding out his hand to me and smiling. The boys are standing a little off to the side, smiling at me. Then, they start singing acapella.



"I'll be the one
I guess you were lost when I met you
Still there were tears in your eyes
So out of trust and I knew
No more than mysteries and lies
There you are, wild and free
Reachin' out like you needed me
A helping hand to make it right
I am holding you all through the night'

I am no holding Nick's hand. Confused and lost about why this was happening. Then the singing stops, and Nick get's down on one knee. Uh Oh. The fans are going insane.

" Genna, I'm sure with me down on one knew you know why you are here. I just want to tell you, that you are my future. When I think of anything happy, I think of you. So Genna Rizzo, will you marry me?" Nick asked sweetly.

My heart dropped. This was crazy, risky, yet romantic. This is really soon, too soon.

"Yes" I whispered without even really thinking.

Nick smiles and puts a huge square diamond ring on my finger. This ring weighs more than me. Nick picks me up and kisses me. The guy's come over and hug and congratulate us well. Fan's are chanting and crying. I give Nick one last kiss and wave to fans as I walk off stage so they can finish the show.

I step off stage and the whole BSB team is congratulating me. As I am embracing this moment, in the back of my head I am still thinking "Choke on that Pauly D".