- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Comments please ©
Prolonge
I really don't know what happened. All I remember was that I was enjoying an evening with the girls watching a funny movie. I think we were watching something with Jim Carrey. I just remember waking up in the hospital. "Leigh, what happened?" I asked still kind of out of it. "Sweetie you collapsed." She said with worry in her voice. I looked around the room as I saw Kristin standing by the door talking with someone. I looked back over at Leigh. "Where's Alex? I need him here." I said as my tears started to fall. "Leighanne called to let him know and he said he was taking the next flight out of Germany. He should be here by morning." Leigh said. I closed my eyes. "How long have I been here?" "Few hours." Leighanne said as she stood at the head of the bed with a cool cloth. "How are you feeling?" "I just wanna know what happened." I said placing my hand on my belly. "Did they say anything?" I said looking back up. I looked over at Leigh then to Leighanne. That's when I looked to the door again and saw Kristin walk in. "Kristin, anything?" Leighanne asked as she walked in followed by a doctor. He was looking at my chart before he looked up. "Hello, Mrs. McLean. I'm Dr. Drew. How are you feeling now?" "Just tired. What's going on with me?" "You're dehydrated and your blood sugar is very low. We did as much as me can with you being pregnant." "How is the baby?" I asked more calm. "Your baby is just fine. You were very lucky you were with friends tonight." He said smiling. "How long is she going to have to say here?" Leighanne asked. "I would like to keep her here for a few days. It also says here that you're in you last mouth. About..." He flipped up a page of his papers while clicking his tongue. "Two more weeks."  He said looking back up. "Yes sir." I said. "Maybe you'll be lucky and have the baby while you're still here." "That would be nice." I said as he placed the chart in the slot. "Just get some rest and I'll see you in the morning.