- Text Size +
Chapter 25
When I got to my seat I sat and waited for the show to begin. Sitting there listening to all the fans yelling and checking out all the posters and banners I smiled as I read them. There were one’s that said ‘I love you Nick’. That’s not a big shocker there. Who out there doesn’t love Nick? There was also ‘Be my number one Brian’. The one that got me going was ‘Bring it Daddy D’. That was a new one even for me. Then I turned to other way and there it was. Big and in bold lettering. ‘Congratulations AJ, We’ll Still Love You No Matter What!!’ I turned back around and wiped a tear away. “Excuse me is your name Allison?” I turned and saw a little girl standing outside the VIP section. “Yes.” Then the girl turned around and yelled. “Mama it is her!” Looking up I see a young woman walk over to me. “I thought it was you. My name is Vicky and this is my daughter Rebecca.” “It’s nice to meet you.” I said with a smile. “I really didn’t know if it was true or not so I made a copy of this from the internet.” She said handing me a bunch of papers.

I stood there reading what I had in my hands. Then I looked up at her. “So is this true? Does AJ really have a little girl by you?” “I’m afraid so.” “Then is this why he’s marrying you is because of her?” “Oh no. Alex asked me to marry him is because he love’s me. Not just because of our daughter.” “I hope you’re right. Well I’m sorry if I troubled you.” “It’s no trouble at all. I don’t mind.” I said to Vicky. Then I looked down at Rebecca. “How would you like to meet your favorite Backstreet Boy?” I asked. Rebecca’s eyes got really wide as she looked up at her mother, then back at me. “Could I really meet him?” “Sure.” I got Marcus’ attention. He came over and I had asked him if there was any way he could get two passes. “Sure I don’t see why not.” He said as he walked away. “So who’s your favorite?” I asked the little girl. “My true favorite isn’t in the group.” I looked at her confused as I sat down to look at her better. “It’s Baylee. But I know that he’s not here tonight.” I smiled at her. “We’ll talk to Brian then.”

The show was amazing. Alex stood front and center most of the performance. Howie kept trying to move him out of his spot many times because Alex’s spot was on the other side of Brian. On the end. Not center between Brian and Nick. After awhile Howie just gave up and took over on the end. I thought it was quite funny watching as Howie mow over Alex like a steam shovel. Nick and Brian would stand there with these looks on there faces like ‘what the fuck?!’ Then they would turn to the crowd say something down right funny or just point and laugh. I couldn’t help but laugh with them.

During there solos I watched Howie’s. He would salsa round during his song, ‘She's Like the Sun’. He was getting everyone wild up with his hips and the close ups on the big screen. I got up and moved before Alex did ‘Drive By Love’. I know if I stayed in my seat he would have spent most of his time thrusting around in front of me. I know he was looking for me and I’m gonna have to explain to him why I moved after the show. I moved back up to watch Brian and Nick’s.

Nick did a bit on the drums. Then he would talk to the crowd and wild them up a lot before breaking into his solo of ‘I Got You.’ I cried throughout the song. Seems like even when I listen to his CD I cry. I think what it was I bought the CD not to long after I found out I was pregnant with Dena. But anyway, as I was sitting there listening to Brian’s solo when it hit me. He was singing ‘Welcome Home’. It wasn’t his original song. But it was perfect. He came front and center. Then he sat down on the edge of the stage to talk to the crowd. “I’d like to talk to ya'll for a moment. If that’s okay.” Crowd yelled. “My cousin’s here tonight.” The crowd yelled louder. “I know what ya'll are thinking. No. It’s not Kevin. My cousin Allison is here tonight. She’s the one all ya'll talk about on your posters tonight. She’s also the one who’ll be marrying one of my good friends. Ya'll know who he is.” The crowd went wild. “Well tonight I’m dedicating this song to her.” Then he looked down at me and smiled. “Allison, this songs for you sweetie. Welcome Home.” I smiled up at him as he started playing his guitar.

Yes I also bought his CD and yes I also cried during his solo. I couldn’t stand during the song so I sat down on my seat. I folded the chair up and sat up higher so I could still see and seem like I was standing. These guys have amazing voices. Then they all came back out and kicked off the rest of the concert with flying color. After ‘Backstreets Back’ they all got crazy. Spraying silly string. Alex jumping off the stage into the pit almost gave Marcus a heart attack. I just smiled and shook my head as I sighed. Girls were reaching out to try and touch him. He would smile, touch there hands, grab a few gifts then run back on stage. Nick would be in back with the band. Banging on the drums shaking anything he could shake. Brian was running around the stage acting like crazy ole’ Bri and Howie was just going along with the others being silly.

Before the guys were done I had gone back stage to wait for them. I was in there dressing room going through the gifts when I heard them down the hall. The first one who entered the room was Nick. “God that was the shit.” Nick said. “You think you embarrassed Allison?” Howie asked Brian. “I hope not. She didn’t looked like it fazed her.” Brian said back. Then Brian looked over at Alex. “I was meaning to ask you if you knew were she had gone during your solo?” “Don’t know. I’ll find out when I see her.” Alex said as he entered behind Brian.

Once he spotted me standing off to the side he smiled. “Hey baby.” He said wrapping his arms around me. “Alex you stink and you’re all sweaty.” I said trying to push in away. “Sorry.” He said pulling back. “Hey. I didn’t mean it in a bad way.” I said pulling at his belt. “The show was great. Sorry for not being up front during your solo.” “Yeah, about that. Where did you go?” “No were. I just moved out of your eye view. I couldn’t take the chance you doing all you moves in front of me. Because I noticed that Howie ended up standing in your spot most of the show. You know that you stand on Brian’s left and Howie stands center.” I said swiping his face with a towel. “I know. But this was the first show that we were a couple. I wanted to be close to you.” “I know. But you still need to be there for your fans.” “I’m sorry baby. Tomorrow I promise to give D back his spot and I’ll also share myself with the fans. Now… let me go shower then we’ll all head back to the hotel.” “CLUBBING!!!” Nick and Howie both yelled at the same time. Everyone laughed. “Okay. Clubbing it is.” Alex said stepping into the bathroom.