- Text Size +
Chapter 8
When we landed in Lexington, Dena and I rushed out to find our luggage. Once it was safely with us we started for the exit so we could find a taxi. As we got outside I started hearing my name being called. “ALLISON!!” I looked around for who it was. Squinting a bit I finally was able to see. “Kevin?” I said a little shocked. He smiled and wrapped his arms around me in a big hug. “Oh my god what are you doing here?” “Geoff called mom and told me that you and Dena were heading out this way. Thought I’d surprise the both of you.” He said picking up Dena and giving her a hug. “So how are my two girls doing?” He asked looking back at me. “Okay I guess. Geoff didn’t tell you what was goin’ on did he?” I asked looking up at him. “Umm… well…” “He did.” I said with a sigh. “We can talk about this once we get you settled in. Okay?” “Yeah.” I said as we headed over to his car.

Once at the house Dena grabbed her bags and rushed up to the house. Kevin helped me with the rest of my things. I couldn’t believe after all this time the place still hadn’t changed one bit. “Allison!” I hard Anne say as we walked into the front room. “Oh my goodness look at you. How have you been doing?” She said. “I’m okay.” I said hugging her. “Are you sure?” I just nodded my head as I looked over at Kevin. “Well we’re going to talk. But right now why don’t you go on up and get yourself settled.” She said as I picked up my bag again and followed Kevin up the stairs. 

Over the past few week was starting to get difficult for me. I was sitting in my room thinking about things that have been going on. It was starting to bring back so many memories that I was wanting to forget. “Allison.” Kevin said from the door. I looked up and saw him standing there with Mason. I had to smile as I got up to meet the newest member of the family. “Hey Mason. Nice to finally meet you.” I said shaking the small boys hand. “I can’t believe how much he looks just like you.” I said. “Just like Dena looks like her dad?” My smile dropped after that statement. Kevin placed Mason down and scooted him down the hall. Kevin came in the room. “Mom and Aunt Jackie are waiting for us in the living room. Leighanne stopped by and picked up Dena so she could spend some time with Bay.” He said standing next to me at the window. “Thanks.” I whispered.

I knew it was time to get this out for every one to know. I just didn’t know how it was gonna happen. All I know after telling my family I was gonna have’ta tell Alex’s. Wow. Telling his mom I know won’t be easy. I already know having to tell mine was hard enough. “Brian called and told me. Why didn’t you just tell us?” “I guess… I guess if I had… he would have found out.” “But why not just tell him?” “Because I didn’t want things to change. I guess I just wanted him to continue on with his life. Dena and I didn’t need to interfere in that stage of his life.” I said walking away from him to sit down on the edge of the bed. “What if he needed it? What if you walking out of his life only that one time changed him? What if…” “All it is are ‘what if’s’. It has taken me nine and a half years and a concert for him to finally find out abut her. And I didn’t even tell him. He found out on his own.” I said leaning my head on his shoulder. “What happened exactly on that night?”

I sat up and shifted a bit trying to get more comfortable. I crawled up on the bed and I pulled Kevin up with me. He placed his back up against the head board and crossed his ankles. I placed my head on his lap and closed my eyes before starting my story. “Ally?” “Sorry for stalling.” I said then sighed. “Well my version of this is that Alex saw me during your rehearsal and then spotted me during the show. He came down during his solo…” “I saw that. What did he whisper to you?” “Just that I had beautiful eyes.” I said blushing. “Go ahead.” “Umm… Oh after the show he had asked Marcus to bring me out to the buses. While on his bus we started talking; getting to know each other.” I said looking up at him. “Before you say it, no Alex and I didn’t have sex then.” “But you did.” “Let me finish.” “Sorry.” “It’s okay. Umm… While we were talking Marcus stuck is head in and told him that they were about to head out back to the hotel. I took that as my cue to leave. But… Alex didn’t want me to. He asked if I’d…” “Keep him company?” “Yeah.” “Baby that was his pick-up line.” “His what?” I asked perking up. “It was his way to get the girl to come back to his room for a few hours. “But it wasn’t like that. We talked some more. He opened up about things he’s never told anyone. Not even his own mother knows about it.” I said pulling back from him. “Yes Alex and I did sleep together. I was the one who woke up to find myself in his room still. I tried to get up the next morning to leave. Alex was the one who insisted that I stay. He didn’t want me to leave him. He wanted this to last. But I knew it won’t. I couldn’t stay with him. I did leave him my number and told him to call me anytime just to talk. We did for awhile. Then I just stopped answering his calls.”

I turned over and started to cry. I know as I thought about it, it was the wrong thing for me to do. “Was the reason you stopped talking because you found out you were pregnant?” I just nodded my head as my tears fell. “I’m so sorry.” “Why are you sorry?” He whispered. “Because I’ve hurt him so badly. He’ll never forgive me.” “Alex?” “No.” I said covering up my face with my pillow. “Then who have you hurt?” “Geoff. I’ve hurt Geoff because of this.” I turned back over and looked at Kevin. “I think I’m losing him Kevy. I don’t wanna lose him.” “Why do you think your losing him?” He asked brushing a stray tear away with his finger. “Because of Alex. Because… I love him.” After I said that Kevin pulled back from me in shock. “What?” He asked wanting to make sure that he heard right. “I think I’m in love with Alex.” “When did this happen?” “I don’t know. Maybe when I last saw him. Or…” I couldn’t finish that sentence. “Or what?” “I can’t say.” “Allison what?!” He said starting to get upset that I was keeping stuff from him. “Allison don’t start keeping things from me. We’ve always been open and honest with each over. Just tell me.” He said with worry in his tone. I looked at him and sighed. “He asked me to… to… lay with him.” “Al…” I shook my head. “Nothing happened I swear. He just held me. Then the following morning he didn’t want to go.” I paused. “I was finally able to get up to get dressed. I found him in the kitchenette. Before I left I gave him my business card and told him to call me anytime he wasn’t busy so he could see Dena.” “Has he called you yet?” “No. He hasn’t. I don’t expect him to any time soon.” I said before closing my eyes.