- Text Size +
Chapter 2
I had just fallen asleep when I heard a knock on the front door. Slowly and quietly I slipped out of Alex’s arms and placed my robe on before heading down the stairs. When I got to the door I checked the peek hole to see that it was Nick standing there so I quickly unlocked and opened the door. “Nick what are you doing here at this time?” I asked. He didn’t say anything but just stood there looking at me with a shocked look on his face. “May I come in?” He finally asked. “Yeah, sure come on in.” I said stepping out of the way for him to enter. We headed into the living room and I sat down on the couch and looked up at him. He sat down next to me before he spoke again. “Ally I’m sorry about earlier. That was really not me.” He said in a low tone. “It’s okay. I understand why you did it.” I said looking back at him. “But why did you need to tell me? Is the baby mine?” He asked confused. “Truthfully, I don’t believe so.
Alex...” “He thinks the baby’s mine doesn’t he?” I nodded my head. “But how? Baby we’ve always been safe.” “I know we have.” “How far along are you?” He asked taking my hand. “I’m seven months.” I said. “Then this baby can’t be mine. The time is all off.” “I know that but Alex believes that it still could be. I told him that it was impossible to be yours when one we’ve been always safe and two we hadn’t slept together two months prior.” I said starting to get teary eyes.

I sat back on the couch and wiped my eyes. “I thought he trusted you in everything? Why not now?” He asked turning towards me. “He said he’d always trust me. This is just different.” I said wiping my eyes again as the tears started to fall. Nick leaned over and ran his thumb across my cheek. “What will happen when you have the baby and we find out that it’s not his?” “I... I...” “Did he say he’d break up with you?” I nodded my head. “No, he can’t do that. That’s not right of him. AJ loves you.” He said as he got up and walked to the back of the house.

I got up and followed him. I stood by the door and placed my hands on my stomach before he started to speak again. “For the last eight months we were on tour you’re all he would talk about.” He said. “What did he say?” I said walking into the room. “I don’t know if I’m the right person to be tellin’ you this.” I placed my hand on his arm. “Nick please.” He turned around. He then placed his hands on my arms. “Ally I... I can’t. I’m sorry.” He said shaking his head. “Why?” He removed his hands then turned back around. “I just can’t.” I stood there a moment before walking back over to him. “Nick.” “Please don’t.” “Nick can you look at me?” “Allison, don’t. I can’t tell you.” “I just want you to look at me. Please.” Slowly he started to turn to face me. Once he was facing me I looked up into his blue eyes. I ran the back of my fingers across his cheek. That’s when I noticed it. I pulled my
hand away quickly. “You have feeling’s for me don’t you?” “Allison I said don’t!” “Just answer this simple question. Do you have feelings for me?” “Yes! Okay, yes I have feelings for you! I have for some time now.” “Nicky I didn’t know? But I’m so sorry.” I said in a whisper. “See this is why I didn’t want to tell you.” He stopped for a moment. “Alex had been driving us crazy for the last few months. It was Ally this and or Ally that! It was making me sick with all the lovely, lovely I always see from Brian, Kevin, and Howie and there wives. Now with Kev gone I’m still stuck as the outcast.”

He stopped at the couch and stood there a moment before sitting down. I turned as he started running his hands through his hair. Carefully I walked over and took a seat beside him. He diverted his eyes away as I looked at him upset. “Nicky.” I said placing my hand on his cheek. “Ally don’t hurt me anymore then you already have.” He said moving to the edge of the couch as he tried to get back up. “I’m sorry about my feelings. I’m sorry for ever telling you.. And... I’m sorry for...” “No!” I yelled. He shot his eyes at me in total shock that I was yelling. “What?” He said. “I said no.” He sat back down next to me as I covered my face. With his hand he placed them on mine and removed them from my covered face. “No what?” He asked in a whisper as he looked at me. “I’m sorry.” I whispered back. “Why are you sorry?” “I’m sorry for letting you fall in love with me and letting me into your heart.” I said as I just looked at the floor.

He sat there looking at me as I started to feel the tears starting to prick my eyes. I didn’t want to look at this man anymore and it was starting to hurt me more as he was sitting there staring at me. “Ally.” “Nick just go. Please.” I said as I got back up and walked away from him. “Ally?” He said again as he got up. “Just go before I say something that I’ll regret.” I said as he placed his hands on my arms. “Please don’t.” I said closing my eyes. “Do you love me?” He asked whispering into my ear. “Nick.” “Do you love me?” He asked again. “I can’t.”  “You can.” He paused and turned me to face him. “If you tell me no, I will walk out that door and I will never bother you ever again.” I looked up at him wanting to believe what he was saying but I know what ever I said I didn’t want to believe. “Allison, do you love me?” He asked one last time. That’s when I felt the tears fall. “No. I don’t love you because I love Alex.” I finally was able to say. I didn’t want to look at him. I knew what I said was hurtful but I couldn’t love him the way he wanted me too.

He finally pulled back and turned and walked out back through the house. “Nicky I’m sorry.” I said as he flung up his hand. “No I’m the one who’s sorry for falling for you in the first place. I should have known if I had fallen for one of my friends’ girls that I’d get this reaction.” He said as he opened the front door. “I just wish things were different.” I managed to say. “So basically what we had all thoughs months was a fuck thing while AJ was working on his solo tour?” “No! Nick that’s not fair.” I said. “Then what the hell do you call it then?” I stood there on the steps thinking. “I... ah... What I can say is that you where not just a fuck!” I paused. “Whatever!” He said turning away. “I care about you!” He turned back around. “What?” “I said that I care about you.” “But you just said that you didn’t love me.” He said walking back over towards me. “It’s not that I don’t love you... It’s just that I’m not in love with you like I am with...” “With AJ I know.” He said stopping in front of me and taking my hand.

With my other hand I ran it across his cheek as his tears started falling. “Nicky I wish I didn’t have to hurt you like this. I wish there was a way to make you both happy with me.” “I know. I just wish I didn’t have to fall for my best friends’ girl.” He said as I wrapped my arms around him. “I should head back in.” I whispered. “Yeah, okay.” “Will I see you later?” “Ahh... Probably not.” He said as I pulled back from him to go back in the house. “Oh.” He grabbed my wrist and pulled me back into him. He closed his eyes and placed his forehead to mine and sighed. Nick then moved his hands up my arm before resting them on my shoulders.. He licked his lips before I closed my eyes. Then he placed his lips on mine. Once he pulled away he whispered into my ear. “Bye Ally and I will always love you.” By the time I opened my eyes he was pulling out of the driveway as I stood there on the porch.

I wanted to run after him and confess my feelings towards him but I was in love with another man. The man that I want to spend the rest of my life with. The man that was upstairs right now sleeping in our bed. I didn’t want to hurt Nick but I truly didn’t want to hurt Alex anymore then I already have. Standing on the porch I placed my hands on my stomach as I then felt the baby moving. I smiled to myself. I walked over to the porch swing and sat down. “God what am I going to do?” I said out loud to no one. That’s when the baby kicked. I placed my hands back on my belly before speaking again. “Baby I can’t hurt your father anymore. But the way things are going I think I hurt him..” The baby kicked again. “No I don’t want to hurt your daddy. I love him too much. I can’t keep this from him though. I need to tell him the truth.” That’s when I yawned and then another kick. “Okay, okay I’m going back to bed.” I said as I got back up. “And before you kick me again. I’ll talk with daddy in the morning..” I said rubbing my belly as I walked up the stair after locking the front door.