- Text Size +
**BRIAN**

I landed in Atlanta just a few hours after I heard about Nick. I would have stayed but what was the point if no one knew where he was? Besides I still have to tell everyone, which was something I am completely dreading. I was thinking of doing some kind of conference call. It wasn’t like I could get everyone to come to our house without telling them what was up. As I got into my car my phone rang. It was Leighanne. I declined the call. I didn’t feel like telling her what happened. She figured I would be out with Nick anyway. As I drove home I couldn’t help but think of everything that happened today. I thought I knew Nick better, but maybe we had drifted apart more than I realized? I felt frustrated, sad, and even angry. I don’t understand why. Why would he do this? The more I thought about it on the way home the more I realized he had no one. No one was there to talk to him. We all were busy. I took the family on a vacation. AJ and Rochelle were having some much family bonding time not to mention think AJ said something about making Ava a sibling. Howie and Leigh went to visit her family back east for a while. Kevin and Kristen just decided to vegetate at their farm in Kentucky. We were all busy when he needed us the most. I almost felt like this was completely my fault. I didn’t pick up the phone when he called. Hell, I didn’t even know what had happened until I saw some twitter posts one day. It was upsetting to me. When I arrived home I walked through the door and was greeted by Willie. I bent down and patted him on the head. I walked around the corner and saw Leighanne in the kitchen.

“I tried to call you,” she said.

“Oh, I guess my phone lost reception somewhere along the way,” I lied.

“So did you talk to Nick? I figured you would have stayed there for a few days for some guy time” I looked at Leighanne,” Bri is everything ok? You look like you are about to cry” she was right I was,” Nick ok?” I shook my head it was the only response I could give,” What’s wrong with Nick?” I sighed.

“When I went to his house it was a mess. A mess I have never seen before Leigh. There was food everywhere broken glass from picture frames all over the floor. Clothes were piled everywhere,” I explained,” Then I got a call from the LAPD. They found Nick’s car in the river by Long Beach,” I took a deep breath,” They found a bottle of pills in the car. They can’t find his body either. They think it floated down the river or something. Right now he is just missing, but it isn’t looking good”

“Are they going to search for him?”

“Only two weeks due to budget cuts,” tears were rolling down her face. I pulled her into a hug. I couldn’t control myself anymore either. I had to let all the pain I was feeling out sometime. It was so sudden I don’t think anyone will expect this, ”I need to tell Bay.” I said breaking the hug.

“I think he is upstairs. He is going to be devastated”

“I know,” As I walked up the stairs I could hear him yelling at his TV. I walked into his room and saw him in his gamer chair that Nick got him for his birthday one year.

“Hey sport you winning?”

“I have a bunch of people who clearly has never played this game before. It just hasn’t been my mine. If Uncle Nick were on we would be kicking some major butt,” I walked over and sat on the edge of his bed.

“You think we could talk for a few minutes? It’s kind of important”

“Yeah sure dad,” he set his controller down on the floor next to the chair.

“I don’t know how to tell you this but Uncle Nick is missing,”

“Missing?” he questioned.

“Yes the police can’t find his body. They found his car in the river”

“You’re lying”

“I wish I were Bay. I just came from the police station before I came home. I don’t want to sugar coat this son but the police found some pills in his car. If they cannot find his body within the next two weeks they will presume him dead.” Baylee came up and gave me a hug,” I am sorry son I know you and Nick were close”

“Dad I will miss him”

“Me too,” I cried with him, but I had a harder job waiting for me. I had to tell Howie, AJ and Kevin.” I have to go tell the guys. We can talk later ok?” Baylee nodded his head. I got up from the bed and walked into my office just down the hall. I sat down in my chair and took my phone out of my pocket. I pushed the conference call button. Everyone answered.

“Hey Rok what’s up?” AJ asked.

“Not good,” I replied.

“Did the visit with Nick not go as planned?” Howie asked.

“It was a mess. It’s still a mess just a bigger one.” I responded.

“What do you mean?” Kevin asked.

“He is missing. I got a call from the LAPD saying they found his car in the river by Long Beach,” I said,” They also found a bottle of pills. It had been filled just a few days ago. They are going to do a two week search for his body, but after that they will presume him dead.”

“Are they sure it was even his car?” AJ questioned.

“Positive. I saw the pictures. I don’t know what to do. I tried to call Jane but she didn’t answer of course. Do we tell the fans he is missing?”

“He is just missing right? They haven’t found his body correct?”

“What I think AJ is trying to say is I think we just keep this a secret for now,” Howie said,” Maybe he just disappeared for a while you know to clear his head.”

“D, it’s very unlikely”

“I am just trying to keep optimistic. It’s Nick after all you never know what he is going to come up with”

“How about we wait until after the search? If they don’t find anything we tell the fans. The last thing we should do is tell them he is missing or dead and then he shows up. Then we might look like a bunch of assholes.” Kevin said.

“Sounds reasonable” I said.

“Did you go to his house?” AJ asked.

“Of course it was trashed. I mean like completely trashed worse than his tour bus”

“That is almost hard to believe”

“I know. I almost felt like this was my fault” I said.

“Cus, it’s no one’s fault. Nick needed us and we were all busy. Let’s just wait and see if he shows up. If he doesn’t then we will go from there” Kevin said.

“Alright, I am going to try and call Jane again. I will keep in touch and I will call if I hear anything else”

“Alright Rok just keep us updated” AJ said

“I will.” Everyone hung up at the same time. That was hard. I can only imagine what they are all thinking on the other end of the line now. I imagine AJ is breaking down or attempting to punch something. It probably won’t hit Howie for a while I imagine Kevin has broken down. He has tried so hard to be that father figure to Nick but this time I am sure he feels like he failed that role. None of this made sense to me still. I just hope that he comes home. I really hope Howie is right and maybe he did just disappear for a while.

Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for everyone who is reading! Dont forget to review!!!! :)