- Text Size +
I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I looked at the time it was eight am. I sighed.

“Hello?”

“I am sorry to wake you up Mr. Littrell, but I am calling to inform you that it’s been two weeks.” I sighed once more.

“I know.”

“I wish I could continue on with the search. My men have looked everywhere. I had them go up all along the coast and I had divers in the river. We couldn’t find anything.” He said.

“I understand. So what happens now?” I asked.

“Basically the case will just hang around until either he turns up, or new evidence comes into the office.”

“Are you saying there is a slim chance he is alive?”

“That is correct. I am deeply sorry Mr. Littrell. I know you wanted to find Mr. Carter. Without any evidence to prove otherwise my hands are tied.”

“Well thank you for all your help Detective. The guys’ and I appreciate all what you have done. I guess it’s time to start releasing information.”

“If we find any more information we won’t hesitate to call. I also wanted to mention that if you can remember anything about any conversations about anything that you might think could be important. Please don’t hesitate to call as well. It could be the simplest thing, but sometimes it makes a difference.

“Will do; thanks again.”

I hung up the phone. I was devastated. I had a gut feeling, but I didn’t want it to be right. I wanted it to be wrong. Now all I can do is get together with the guys and figure out how we would tell the fans. This was not going to be an easy task most of them adore Nick. I got out of bed and walked into the kitchen and went straight to the coffee pot. I poured me a cup. I was certainly going to need it. I needed a plan of action.

**

The next day the guys and I were getting together. We all flew out to Los Angeles. We had a lot of stuff to get done and go over. As I reached AJ’s house I was late, which just isn’t like me. It was always Nick. I parked my car and got out and walked up to the house. I was just about to ring the doorbell when AJ opened the door.

“I think this is the first time you have been late for anything Rok,” AJ teased.

“My flight was late getting in,” I replied.

“Come on in. Everyone is in the living room” AJ and I walked into the living room. Everyone looked so serious. I haven’t seen anyone this sad since we had the meeting about AJ going into rehab. I sat on the couch next to Kevin.

“So what do we do now?” Howie asked.

“The only thing left,” I said,” We need to tell the fans”

“Ever get a hold of his family?”

“No,” I said shaking my head,” It’s like they didn’t care figures though we have been his family since he was just thirteen.”

“How do we want to do this?” AJ asked,” Do we do a video stream? Go onto GMA or something?”

“Video I guess?” I replied,” This is really hard to comprehend. I can’t believe we have to do this. We had a hard enough time when AJ went into rehab.”

“This is nothing compared to be going into rehab Rok. I came home. Nick is just gone”

“I know; Bad comparison.” I looked at the other guys and they looked just as dumbfounded as I was. How do you tell millions of people that someone you love and admired is just gone?

“How about we post a video on our site? It’s the only thing I can think of” Kevin leaned forward in is seat.

“No, we do it live,” he looked at me,” We will call GMA and we’ll do a live video feed from here. It’s more personal that way. It’s what Nick would have wanted” Kevin was right.

“Good idea Kev. I don’t think we all are thinking properly. I know I am not. I think this is going to take a few days for everything to really sink in,” I explained,” But D if you want to get a hold of GMA and see if they can squeeze us in tomorrow. Kevin and AJ will get a hold of management, and I am going to attempt to try and call Nick’s family. If I cannot get a hold of them by phone I will see if Aaron still lives here in LA. The Carter’s just didn’t disappear either.”

“Alright, I will get right on it,” Howie nodded as he took out his cell phone. We all went our separate ways on our cell phones. All I know is tomorrow is going to suck.

Chapter End Notes:
Sorry this chapter was so short! Next chapter should be a bit longer :)