- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry this chapter is so short!!
** HOWIE **

It has been a few days since our GMA appearance. The fans have been pouring condolences left and right all over social media. My twitter has been flooded. It has been a hard few weeks for all of us. I think the hardest was telling fans especially on live TV. I am sure most of the world was just in shock. This happens all too well these days unfortunately. Depression is a hard thing to overcome when you have no one by your side to help you. We all didn’t realize the extent of his problems until it was too late. To be quite honest I was surprised with Brian’s reactions to everything. They haven’t been close in so long. They may goof off on stage and in interviews but off stage they are two completely different people. It makes my heart ache. They were such good friends before wives and children came along. I looked out the window and saw the mail lady drop off the mail into my box and drive onto the next house.

“Leigh I will be right back mail!” I hollered as I walked out the door. When I got to my mailbox a nearby neighbor waved so I waved back. I opened my box and took out my mail. I noticed an unmarked letter. My gut was telling me I needed to read this as soon as possible. I quickly walked back to my house and set the remaining mail on the side table next to the couch. I walked into my office and sat down in my chair. I tore open the letter.

Please don’t tell the other guys. You have to promise me D. I saw your appearance on GMA the other morning. You guys looked so upset. I am sorry I have put all of you through this. It was the only way I could escape. I need a break D. I need to get away for a while. If I just said I was going to go away someone would have told me to “suck it up” but I can’t do that. I need to get away to clear my head, my thoughts just everything. This was the only way I knew I could get away with it. I probably shouldn’t even have written you. I just felt heartbroken watching you guys on GMA. Believe me D this was hard enough to do this. I just wanted to let you know I am ok. I am not hurt or anything. I am perfectly fine. Also, don’t come to try and find me. Nacho and I will come back when I am ready too.

-Nick

I let out a heavy sigh of relief. I was happy he was alive, but at the same time I am sad because everyone still thinks he is gone. I really had my doubts there for the longest time. He went through such a dark period during the Black and Blue days you never know what would come back to haunt you later on. Why would he write me and not Brian? I imagined it was because I tend to keep my promises when asked and I never break them. I sat there and thought of all the possibilities in my head. Should I tell them or should I not was the question. I leaned back in my chair and put my hands on the back of my head and just thought. I let out another heavy sigh. I will keep this promise to myself. I think it will be in Nick’s best interest. He obviously wants to work something’s out on his own. I won’t stop him. He doesn’t want to be stopped. If he wanted to he would have asked or come home. I got up from my chair. I folded up the letter and tucked it a way in a random book on the shelf. Out of sight and out of mind. Lord help me if someone ever found out that Nick was alive and I didn’t tell anyone.

Chapter End Notes:
thanks for reading. I decided to do a little change up. This part of the story wasn't planned, but after the last chapter I felt like I had to.. dont forget to review!