- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This is my first ever posted fanfic. To say I'm super nervous is an understatement. Please give me any advice you can!
Author's Chapter Notes:
Please give any reviews!
Prologue

The water reached out to lick his toes, and AJ felt a strange sensation explode in his legs. Every nerve came alive when the freezing water lapped against his feet, then his ankles. The water was cold, yes, yet strangely relaxing. No wonder Nick loved the ocean so.

He felt a pang of guilt envelope his heart, giving him more resolve to walk forward, into the beckoning waves. Thinking of his bandmates made his pulse rise and his jaw clench. He just wanted this to be over. He wanted the pain to leave his body with the last of his air.

The water had reached his knees. He was walking the width of a sandbar, about 30 feet out and twelve inches deep. Nature was testing his will, taunting him. You can’t actually succeed at this, AJ. You’ll fail like you fail at everything else. You think you can successfully commit suicide? Get real.

***
Brian threw the pillow back against the couch, angry. Where was that necklace? He continued to destroy his cabin, looking for the cross that Leighanne had given him before the tour. Closing an open dresser drawer, he sighed. It was probably long gone by now.

***
AJ looked down at the necklace wound tightly around his hand. It was the inscription on the back that made it impossible for him to let it go:
God is always present.
He will hold you in his hand.
-L

He had picked it up on the beach on the way out, knowing perfectly well to whom it belonged.

The water gently kissed his thighs. He was getting closer.