- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it's been a couple of days. Week starting out rough.
Dark Skies in Still Waters
Chapter 28
By Dottie
Copyright 2013

Kevin feels her body slowly relax against his. Her breathing deep and even. He smiles, lightly kissing the top of her head. She trusts him. She loves him. That’s all that he ever wanted. But his mind can’t help going to a dark place. Here they are alone. Isolated. It’s just them. No fans, no press, no outside world. The outside world is his life. He tried once to leave the group and it didn’t work. He knows now that was because he left for the wrong reasons. Teagan could very well be the right reason.

But he doesn’t want to leave again. Will he be able to find a way to balance the two? Stay with the guys to record and perform…and still be here for Teagan? He knows she is strong and eventually she’s going to accept what has happened and move on with her life. Her life with him. In the interim, can he be there enough for her that she won’t give up? He slips into a troubled sleep, wishing he knew what to do.


Teagan, on the other hand, is not asleep. Her body relaxed against his because she’s sated. She feels tired and ecstatic and most of all, loved. But she doesn’t sleep. Sleep brings the dreams and she doesn’t want to relive it again. Not after what just happened.

She’s never felt like Kevin makes her feel. Even when she was whole and unscarred, she never felt like this. He accepts her just as she is. Even the scars and her gravelly voice haven’t sent him running. Here he is, holding her…loving her. But she’s so afraid of what’s to come.

Regardless of what he said, she knows she will never be good enough for him in the eyes of his fans. And she would never…could never ever ask him to give up his career. He said it himself…being with the group is home for him. And she meant it when she said the Backstreet Boys were never meant to be a quartet.

So where does that leave them? Her hiding...waiting for him when he’s not on tour? Without a doubt, she’d wait for him forever. Now she just has to prove it to him.


Natalie wakes up slowly. Brian’s behind her, his arm around her waist, his hand resting lazily against the juncture of her thighs. She blushes with pleasure as she remembers the night before.

True to his word, he did seem to get drunk on her. She closes her eyes again, reliving every tough, every kiss, every caress. He knew just where to touch her to make her come unglued. Knew just when to slow down to prolong the ecstasy…and he knew just when it was time to let go. She never had an orgasm before that brought her to tears. Last night did.

When her body had reached its pinnacle and her climax overcame her, she felt things she had never felt before. She always thought people were nuts when they said they saw stars and the Earth moved. Until now. Last night she experienced what she’s always thought true love would be. And there’s not a doubt in her mind she’s falling in love with Brian. But…while he made her feel things she’s never felt before, when they aren’t making love, she feels like he’s not…hers.

She sighs, gently lifting his arm and sliding away from him. She grabs her robe and tiptoes into the bathroom, more than confused about what’s happening between them.

Once the door is locked, giving her much needed privacy, she stares at herself in the mirror. She doesn’t LOOK any different. She stares at herself and thinks about Brian. Instantly, her gaze softens, and for the first time, she can see the effect he has on her. She is falling in love with him. If she hasn’t already.

Shaking her head, she steps away from the mirror. “No, it can’t be love!” Her whisper startles her as she didn’t mean to voice her thoughts. She turns on the shower, hoping the hot water will ease the tension in her neck and clear her head.

Just as she’s adjusting the temperature, Brian knocks on the door. “Natalie, you ok?”

Stretching her neck, she calls out, “Fine. I’m sorry if I woke you. Go back to sleep.”

He knocks again. “I don’t want to sleep. Open the door.”

Thinking he’s going to join her in the shower, she unlocks the door and yells, “Come on in,” as she steps into the shower and slides the door shut.

She sees the outline of his body through the frosted glass and waits. To her utter shock, he steps up to the toilet and she hears him urinating. Talk about a romantic mood killer that was it. He raises his voice to ask, “Is it ok to flush?”

She sighs quietly, somewhat disturbed by his nonchalant attitude. “I suppose so…”

He laughs. “Well, head’s up, don’t want to freeze you out.”

She never thought about the water temp and steps away from the spray as he flushes. Sure enough, the water briefly chills, making her shiver when it hits her feet. After a few seconds, it warms back up and she steps back under, grateful he at least warned her.

He opens the door and pops his head in, giving her a lecherous glance. “My my, you DO look delicious wet…but I’m starved. I’m going to make breakfast. You hungry?”

She stomps down on the appetite of her libido and nods. “Sure. I’ll be out in a few minutes.”

He smiles, leaning in to kiss her. “Take your time, Babe. I’m not going anywhere.”


After her shower, she finds him in the kitchen whipping eggs in a bowl. As she pulls juice from the refrigerator, he puts down the bowl and saunters over to her. Putting his arms around her waist from behind, he breathes in deeply. “MMM you smell good enough to eat.”

She shivers in his arms. “You won’t keep your strength up if you only eat me.”

He slides his hand over her stomach to the juncture of her thighs and mutters, “If I died, I’d die happy, Baby. You are De-lish!”

She laughs at his silliness to cover up the longing in her body. “What can I do to help?”

He turns back to the stove. “I saw a hunk of cheddar in there. Don’t suppose you could grate it for me? Making omelets.”

She nods, reaching back in for the cheese. “Sounds good.” She looks out the window. “Looks like the snow really piled up.”

He snorts. “You got that right. I have a feeling Kevin and Teagan will be trapped a few days.”

She focuses on shredding the cheese without shredding her knuckles and asks casually, “What about you?”

She doesn’t hear him step up behind her and jumps when he circles her waist again with his arms, kissing her soundly on the neck. “I’m all yours until you kick me out…or until we have to meet in L.A. for rehearsals. Whichever comes first.”

She sighs, happy to know he plans on hanging out, but still uncertain of how he feels. Should she ask? Is she brave enough? As he walks back to the stove she shakes her head. No, not yet.


After breakfast, she does the dishes while he showers. Once the kitchen is clean, she wonders into the living room and curls up on the couch, flipping on the television for a weather report. He comes in, dropping down beside her, wrapped only in a towel, his skin still damp from the shower. “More snow coming?”

She nods, trying to avoid looking at him. “Probably tomorrow. Not a blizzard, but a lot more snow. Eight to ten inches.”

He plucks the remote from her hand, dropping it on the floor by the couch. As she turns to look at him, he crawls over her body, settling his weight on her thighs, his towel falling to the floor. His hardening manhood stands proudly from his body as he cups her face. “I’ve got a few inches here, Baby…all for you.”

She shivers as he captures her lips. So what if it’s not love? She can live with this kind of relationship…can’t she?
Chapter End Notes:
Let me know! ~ D