- Text Size +
Dark Times in Still Waters
Chapter 29
By Dottie
Copyright 2013

Teagan slowly opens her eyes. She can see its getting dark outside. They have slept the afternoon away. She moves a little, tilting her head back to find Kevin staring at her. He smiles lazily. "Hello Beautiful. Sleep well?"

She blushes brightly and manages to say, "You tell me."

His brow furrows. "What's wrong? Did you have a bad dream?"

She shrugs, lowering her eyes to snuggle against him. “I usually do.”

He scoots down in the bed until they are face to face. “Tell me.”

She sighs, wishing she had just said no. “I just keep reliving it…trying to figure out if I could have said something to stop him before…”

He puts his finger on her lips. “Shh. Don’t. Baby, I’m sorry.”

She closes her eyes and rolls onto her back. “Don’t worry about it.”

He kisses her shoulder as he slides his hand across her stomach. “Teagan, I worry about you. It’s like breathing. It’s an involuntary response.” She just sighs. He whispers, “If you don’t want to talk about it now, we don’t have to.”

She opens her eyes and rolls her head over to meet his gaze. “Kevin…I just wish I could stop reliving it night after night. It never goes away. It never changes. Then…when I first wake up for a brief moment, it never happened…then I remember it’s all real and it’s like it’s happening over and over.”

He scoots closer, pressing his body closer to hers. "Teagan, we’ve been in this bed most of the afternoon and you didn't dream."

She stares at his neck, contemplating what he's saying. "But...ever since it happened, I've had the dream. I'm sure..."

He puts his hand under her chin and forces her gaze to his. "But you didn't dream this time Sweetheart. I've been here the whole time, and awake for most of it, watching you sleep. I promise you didn't dream."

She's having a hard time believing him. "But...I..."

He smiles at her confusion, leaning closer to kiss her gently. "Trust me Baby. No bad dreams."

She feels tears sting her eyes. "Really?"

He kisses her again. "Baby, this just goes to show you we're good for each other."

She brings her hand up to touch his cheek. "Kevin I don't know how I'm good for you.”

He leans closer to her. "Darling, you make me happy. That's how you're good for me."


After their talk, Teagan is still confused, but she can’t deny one thing. When she’s with him, she does forget…at least for a while. After he goes to shower, she makes her way to the living room to find her phone. Still no signal. Sighing, she wanders into the kitchen, trying to decide what to fix for dinner.

As she’s searching through the cabinets, she hears Kevin call out, “Teagan, can you come in here?”

She closes the cabinet door and heads into the bedroom and over to the partially open bathroom door. When she peeks around the edge of the door, her mouth goes dry. He’s standing in front of the mirror, a towel around his waist, his chest still shimmering with water.

He doesn’t look at her. He’s combing his hair as he says, “Think we can make it to the lodge for dinner?”

She doesn’t want to think about dinner now. Honestly she doesn’t want to think at all. Every part of her wants to walk over to him and explore his body with her eyes, her hands and her lips. She leans on the door for the briefest of moments before making up her mind.

She cautiously enters the bathroom, not really sure she’s capable of seduction. Just as she steps into view in the mirror, she reaches out and slides her hand lightly over his stomach. She’s watching her fingertips tease his skin, pushing around the errant water droplets he missed, afraid to look up and meet his gaze in the mirror. But she can feel his gaze on her.

She continues her exploration, letting her hand slide up his chest to his shoulder and back down again. She feels euphoric when she sees his towel tenting over his crotch. His breathing becomes shallow as her hand continues its trek.

She steps behind him, letting her hand slide over his shoulder and down onto his back. She still feels his gaze follow her and notices his hands clenching the vanity in front of him. She’s giddy with excitement.

Once she’s behind him and out of his field of vision, she moves closer, her lips making contact with the flesh between his shoulder blades, licking at the drops of water beaded there. His swift intake of air almost startles her, but she keeps going, trailing kisses across the expanse of his back. Her hands come to rest on his waist…on the towel covering him. She wants to take it off…but her nerves get the best of her.

When she steps back slightly, letting her hands leave his waist, he turns to face her. Her eyes move up to collide with his and he whispers, “For the love of God, don’t stop now.”

His impassioned plea hardens her resolve. Once again, her hands move to his waist, this time to the knot holding the towel in place. As she slowly unfolds the material, he groans, bringing his hands up to cup her face. The lust in her eyes mirrors his when he whispers, “Let me love you Teagan.”

With tears pooling in her eyes and joy filling her heart, she whispers back, “Let me love you.”

He lowers his face to hers for a sultry kiss, his hands sliding back into her hair. Her hands are on his hips and slowly move up his sides as she steps into him, pressing herself to him. He moans, breaking the contact of their lips to whisper, “I want to feel your skin.”

She steps back, stripping the shirt over her head. He moans softly, reaching out to touch her stomach, causing it to clench. He lowers his hand as she pushes her pants down and kicks them away. When she’s naked, he’s breathless with excitement. He lets his fingertips slide over her hip and down to cup her backside, pulling her once again firmly into his embrace. His lips capture hers, rekindling the passion that was bubbling just below the surface.

He turns them around until she’s pressed against the vanity. Lifting her up, he sits her on it. The coolness of the counter top is a shock to her system, but she is quickly distracted from it by his hands moving up her thighs, parting them. She blushes, but can’t stop the moan of pleasure that erupts as one of his hands slides up her inner thigh and his fingertip finds her wetness.

She leans closer, nibbling on his neck as his fingers prepare her for more. When she’s writhing against his touch with reckless abandon, he moves his fingers and positions himself between her legs. As his hardness penetrates her womanhood, her head falls back and he nips at her neck. His lips move to her ear and he whispers, “God I’ve loved you all my life!”

His words make her want to swoon. His body makes her want to scream. She’s overcome with love and passion for this man…the man that showed her life is really worth living, scars or no scars. She whimpers, crying into his shoulder as her blood races. Sensing her emotional overload and both their bodies need for release, Kevin grips her in his arms and presses deep inside her, emitting a growl as his orgasm peaks. Feeling his seed inside her triggers her own release and Teagan’s body tightens, succumbing to her own climax.

He holds her against his chest, her face buried in his neck as their bodies slowly relax. He rubs her back, whispering his love for her as he feels her scalding tears on his chest. “Sweet Teagan, I love you so much.”

She pushes back, meeting his gaze with eyes filled with love and wonder. “I love you too.”

He smiles softly as he leans closer. Kissing her lips gently, he rubs her nose with his and whispers, “I meant what I said. I’ve loved you all my life Teagan. I just hadn’t met you yet.”

She cups his face in her hands and smiles back, the shadows of doubt still looming inside her. “I’ve never felt this way before…it’s so…wonderful…and scary…”

He chuckles. “Don’t be afraid. I’ll never break your heart.”

She can’t stop the giggles that explode from within her. His laughter joins hers as he pulls her against his chest. She luxuriates in his arms feeling safe and secure. “You’re so corny…but I love you.”

He cuddles her in his arms, feeling protective…feeling needed. She loves him…and she’s willing to let him into her heart, into her world. He’ll cherish this day…savor it even. Because he knows that once they are back in the real world, things could be different. He has no doubt that she loves him. She knows he loves her. Now he has to prove to her that their love is all that matters.

Chapter End Notes:
Let me know!! ~ D