- Text Size +

A Romantic Surprise

Chapter 2

By Rachel

2014

 

AJ left no stone unturned when it came to this romantic vacation. He got us a private jet. We enjoyed a romantic dinner and we were now watching a movie.

“Mr. and Mrs. McLean, I just wanted to let you know we are going to have to land in New York. There’s a snow storm and all flights are going to be grounded indefinitely. It will be impossible to get you to your destination” The pilot explained.

“Thank you. Do you know how long this storm is going to last?” AJ inquired.

“From the current weather report it looks like New York is going to be dumped on for at least another eight to ten hours. There will be thousands of delays on the east coast. We should arrive in New York within fifteen minutes.”

Once the pilot retreated back to the cockpit, we sat in silence. AJ looked frustrated. I felt bad because he went to so much trouble to make this romantic vacation happen. Now everything was ruined. Worry took over and I went into full panic mode.

“Aspen, I’m sorry.” He said quietly.

“It’s okay. You can’t control the weather.” I took his hand in mine. I didn’t like seeing him upset. I forced myself to remain calm for AJ’s sake.

“Fuck. I tried to make this trip special.” He said bitterly. “Every time I try to do something nice, it gets messed up.”

I pressed my lips to his face. “Sweetcheeks, every moment with you is special. You know I don’t need fancy trips and gifts. I have your love that is enough.”

“Aspen, you mean the world to me. I just want to show you how much I love you. I want you to feel special.”  Our lips met for a searing kiss. It seemed like forever since we kissed like that.

 

 

Thirty minutes later we were standing in the middle of the airport. It was packed with stranded fliers. AJ was holding our one suitcase. Knowing our destination, there wasn’t anything in our luggage that would be suitable for a snowstorm in New York City.

AJ guided us to a group of empty seats. We both sat down. No words were shared between us. I looked out the window at the blizzard of snow. Chills ran down my spine. I was not a cold weather girl.

“AJ, I better call Jade and let her know what’s going on.” I stood up and moved somewhere a little more private.

“What do you want?” Nick answered the phone breathlessly.

“It’s Aspen. Can I talk to Jade?” I knew I had interrupted something, when I heard Nick mumbling obscenities while give the phone to my sister.

“Red, shouldn’t you be on your way to becoming a member of the mile high club?”

“Stop it Jade.” I said irritably. “I just wanted to let you know that our plans have changed. We’re stuck in New York due to snow.”

“That sucks, Aspen. What are you going to do?” Jade asked curiously.

I sighed. Worried started to set in my mind, which made my body feel tense. “I guess we are going to wait out the storm. I’m not really sure. AJ hasn’t mentioned what he wants to do.”

“I think you should make the best of it.” She started giggling. Nick was trying to distract her. “Go have sex in the snow or do it in the bathroom. Do something spontaneous for once.”

“Damn it, Jade. You’re not making this any easier. We don’t even have clothes for the weather. I can’t wear a bikini in the snow. Use some common sense.” I replied sharply.

“Geesh, Aspen. Chill the fuck out. That’s what this whole vacation was for. I feel bad for AJ if this is how you’re going to act.”

“Fine, Willow.” I used her first name to piss her off.  She hated her name. “I just wanted to let you know what’s going on. Go back to whatever you were doing with Nick. I’ll call you tomorrow with further details.” I ended the phone call.

I turned around and bumped into my husband’s chest. “Aspen, is everything okay?”

“NO! Everything is not okay. We’re stuck in an airport with no winter clothes. We have nowhere to go until the snow stops. Who the hell knows when it’s going to stop?”

AJ grabbed my arm. “Baby, you need to calm down. So what we’re stranded at the airport. This whole thing was for us to spend time together. It doesn’t matter if we are on a beautiful island or in an airport. I just want to spend time with my beautiful wife.”

From the look in his eye, I could tell he was sincere. What was my problem? Why couldn’t I be more carefree about things? Maybe Jade was right. I needed to relax. It seemed like I never could just take a moment and enjoy.

“AJ, I’m sorry.” I looked down at the ground. “I don’t know what is wrong with me. It’s…just…just that, I find it hard to live in the moment.”

Before AJ could speak, I pressed my body against his. My lips connected with his lips. Slowly I sucked on his bottom lip. His hands snaked around my body and planted themselves on my butt. Normally, I would have removed AJ’s hands, but I decided to be spontaneous. My tongue probed his mouth. We stood in the airport making out until we were breathless.

“Aspen, I promise this vacation is going to be one you’ll never forget. We’re going to have a lot of fun. You need to promise me one thing.” AJ gave me a Cheshire grin. 

“And what would that be?” I smiled up at him. His devilish smile was driving me crazy. I wanted my husband badly, but we were stuck in an airport.

“I want you to let your hair down this week. Just live in the moment. Be free.” He led me over to our seats.

“I promise to try my hardest. You know this isn’t going to be easy for me.” I bit my lip nervously as I looked out the window.

AJ moved in front of me, blocking my view. He cupped my chin and looked me in the eyes. “I won’t make you do anything that is uncomfortable. I love you Aspen just the way you are.”

“I love you, Sweetcheeks.”

 

Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading!!!