- Text Size +

A Romantic Surprise

Chapter 5

By Rachel

2014

 

When we finally got to our hotel later that day, I flopped onto the huge king sized bed. It felt heavenly to lay there. AJ and I had spent the day shopping for winter clothes. AJ crawled over towards me. He pushed my hair away from my face. His thumb gently caressed my cheek.

 

“Sweetcheeks, thank you for everything. I’m glad that we are able to spend time alone together.” I turned on my side to face him.

 

“We need to do it more often. My schedule has been jammed packed. You’re busy taking care of the house and Reese. I know Reese can be a handful at times.” His hands trailed down my body.  “I hope that I show you how much I love you every day.”

 

“You do.” I reached over and pressed my lips to his. My body relaxed as our kiss deepened.

 

“Would you be up for going out to dinner? Or would you rather stay in and order room service?” AJ asked.

 

“Well it depends on what you plan on doing before and after room service.” I said suggestively. My finger trailed down his chest.

 

He answered by rolling on top of me. His fingers undid the buttons on my blouse. The cold air on my skin caused me to shudder. AJ looked up at me with a sexy grin. “I think dinner can wait. I want to spend time ravishing your body.”

 

He sat up, pulling me with him. Slowly he slid my shirt down from my shoulders. He gently kissed my exposed skin. “You’re so beautiful.” AJ murmured between kisses. I blushed at his comment. “It’s true, babe. You get prettier every day.”

 

My hands moved under AJ’s sweater, I love feeling his skin against mine. He took a deep breath, before our mouths met again in a tantalizing kiss. AJ briefly pulled away from me, to remove his sweater. I shrugged off my shirt and unclasped my bra. The desire in his eyes, made me feel naughty. He undid my jeans and helped me out of them.

 

“Aspen, I’m going to make sweet love to you all week.” He murmured as he undressed.

 

Once AJ was undressed, he fell onto the bed beside me. He brushed my hair behind my ear; then slowly sucked on my ear lobe. I was coming unglued. AJ was pulling out all the right moves. It had been a few weeks since we had made love.

 

“AJ, I need you.” I moaned loudly. He listened and moved over top of me. He gently glided into me. I loved the feeling of him inside me. We started moving as one.  Our lips met in a sensuous kiss.

 

“Mmm, Aspen. I love you.” AJ growled into my ear. I was getting close to the brink of orgasm. AJ picked up the pace. I could feel myself tighten around my husband.  “Fuck baby, I’m going to explode.”

 

After our climax, AJ rolled off me and drew me into his arms. We lay there quietly, enjoying the feeling of pure bliss. My eyes grew drowsy and my body relaxed. I fell into a content sleep.

 

 

 

Hours later, I was sitting in front of the fireplace. AJ was still asleep. I had woken up about an hour ago. I didn’t have the heart to wake my husband up. He didn’t get the chance to get extra sleep all that often. Plus, I wanted to make love to him later this evening.

 

Plus, it was nice having a few moments to myself. It gave me a chance to think about life, well my life specifically. Things were good. My marriage was awesome. Sure, AJ and I had our moments, but what couple doesn’t. No matter what we managed to get back on track whenever things were less than perfect.

 

Reese was growing up so fast. Before I knew it she would be a teenager. AJ and I had been trying for years to have another baby. We hadn’t been successful, which sometimes I think was our biggest issue. AJ never put pressure on me about it. He said we could always adopt. I wanted to give him his own child. At this point it didn’t seem like it was going to happen in the foreseeable future. Maybe, adoption was the way to go.

 

“You know I find it sexy when you wear my clothes.” AJ said as he sat down on the floor next to me.

 

“You’re sweater is soft and comfy.” I smile at him. “It smells like you, too.”

 

“Everything okay? You looked so serious when I walked in.”

 

I sighed softly. “Yeah everything is fine.”

 

AJ placed his arms around me. We sat there quietly starring at the fire. I felt just as close to my husband now as I did when we were talking. I was safe and taken care of with AJ. He was the only man who loved me unconditionally. I wasn’t the easiest woman to deal with. I had hang-ups, and AJ dealt with them like a pro. In so many ways we were different, but we managed to make it work.

 

“You wanna talk about what is on your mind.”  He suggested while pulling us both over to the couch.

 

I settled myself away from AJ on the other end of the couch. I placed my feet in his lap and got comfortable. He made it easier my massaging my feet. I enjoyed it a few minutes before I decided to bare my soul.

 

“Alex, I’m sorry that I haven’t been able to give you any more children.” I said looking at my husband.

 

“Baby, there’s nothing to be sorry about. It doesn’t change how much I love you. Plus it takes two of us to make a child.” He remarked softy.

 

I looked away from him because I was feeling guilty. “I know you’re right. Even the doctors have said there is nothing wrong with either one of us. It’s like we aren’t meant to have more kids. All I ever wanted was a big family.”

 

“And we can have that, Aspen. We can adopt a busload of children.” AJ removed my feet from his lap.  Then he scooted closer to me.

 

I bit my lip, forcing the tears not to fall. I had to be strong, but honest at the same time. “I want to carry your child. I want to give you the chance to see what I caused you to miss when I was pregnant with Reese.”

 

The tears didn’t hold back. I sobbed and sobbed. AJ held me close, rubbing my back trying to make me feel better. “Sweetheart, please don’t feel guilty about the past. I’m not mad at you about what happened. We found each other and it all worked out. There’s no need for you to feel guilty. Whether we create a child from our love or we adopt, I’ll love that child unconditionally.”

 

His kind words only made me cry harder. I was an emotional mess. Usually I kept my feelings under control. For some reason, it felt good letting go. “I’m sorry for being a blubbering idiot.” I started wiping my eyes. “You’re right. Sometimes I feel bad knowing that you missed out on Reese as a baby. I wish I could make it up to you.”

 

“You don’t have to make up anything to me.” He pressed a kiss into my hair.

 

“I’m happy that Jade is pregnant. Her and Nick are so happy. At the same time, I’m so freaking jealous.” I blurted out.

 

“Aspen, it’s okay to feel that way. I know you are happy for them, but you want to be pregnant, too.” AJ handed me a box of tissues. “We can try every day to get pregnant. I’m not going to complain about having sex with my wife.”

 

I looked up and saw a naughty grin on his face. I pushed him away. “You’re such a horn dog.”

 

“You better believe it! I have a sexy wife.” He took a deep breath and released it slowly. “Now, let’s get serious. We can go back to see the fertility specialist or go to a new one. I’ll do all the testing again. Whatever it takes for you to have a baby, I’ll do.”

 

“You would?” I asked in surprise.

 

“I would.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading! Hope you are enjoying this blast from the past with AJ and Aspen.