- Text Size +

Why Are We Still Friends

By Rachel

Copyright 2014

 

Chapter 13

 

I was sitting on the couch when Anna came in from wherever. She looked drained from her night of partying. I continued flipping through the stations hoping to find something to keep my interest.

“Where’s Nick?” She asked as she plopped down in a chair and kicked off her high heels.

“He’s sleeping.” I said casually. I didn’t want to talk about him.

“It’s so nice that you give up your bed for him. Alexia, you need to stop giving him everything. You’re never going to find a man if you keep doting on Nick.”

I didn’t know what to say. It wasn’t any of her business how I treated Nick. You didn’t see me getting involved in Anna’s relationship with Nick. Yeah, that’s right they weren’t having a relationship. It was just sex.

“Annalise, I know you mean well, but please mind your own business. My friendship with Nick is fine. I don’t have any trouble finding a man.” I grumbled at her. It was late, and I didn’t want to talk to her.

“Yeah, that’s why you’re single.” Anna laughed. “You’re going to end up an old maid.”

“That’s better than being a slut.” My mouth dropped when I realized what I said.

“That was low, Alexia. I’m not a slut. I like having sex. It’s none of your business who I sleep with.” She stood up and grabbed her shoes.

“It does when you’re sleeping with my best friend. Nick doesn’t need to be hurt by you.”

“Nick is a big boy. I think he can handle having a sex life. It’s a shame you are so obsessed with Nick’s fucking. I’d say you are a little jealous of what you hear come out of my bedroom. Do you lean against the door and listen as Nick thrusts his huge cock into my wet hot pussy?”

I couldn’t take it anymore. I stomped out of the room and went out onto the beach. The sun had just risen. It was a beautiful sight.

Anna had done that on purpose. She knew that it would make me mad. For some reason she was trying to drive a wedge between me and her. Anna was doing a good job. I wanted nothing to do with her.

She was my best friend and I stuck by her all these years. Never in her life did she stick up for me. Was this the type of friendship I wanted? I didn’t know anymore. I didn’t trust Anna. I’m sure she would spill any secret I told her.

I walked back to the house to get ready for work. Nick was standing by the counter pouring a cup of coffee. He handed me the cup and got another one from the cupboard. 

“What’s up Lexi?” He was still groggy from sleep.

“Nothing. Just decided to take a walk before work.” I replied calmly. I was in a bad mood and didn’t want to take it out on him.

“You seem angry. Is it me?” He asked pulling me in for a hug.

“A little.” I replied honestly. “It’s Annalise, too. Everything sucks at the moment.”

“What did I do?” He released me and walked outside. I guess I pissed him off.

I marched myself back outside. I was going to get this over with before I went to work. I didn’t need the added stress with a new job.

“So now you’re mad at me?” I sidled closer to him, my voice low.

“Don’t understand what I did.” He pushed into me, bumping me out of the way.

“Nick, we’ve had sex twice. Annalise thinks she owns you. I feel like I’m stuck in the middle of a game the two of you are playing.”

“I’m not a married man. I can sleep with whoever the hell I want to. Neither of you have any right to comment on my sex life.” He barked at me. Apparently his sexual needs were off limits for discussion.

“I think I have a right to discuss it. You’re screwing me and my best friend. Anna’s going to eat me alive when she finds out. I’ll have to deal with her wrath.”  I wanted him to understand how this was affecting my relationship with my two best friends. “Both of you are my best friends. You are putting me in a rough spot. I don’t think that’s fair.”

“You could have said no. I didn’t force you to fuck me.” He indicated as if it were that simple. Nick was being a grade A jerk.

“Yeah, well you won’t have to worry about it. I don’t want to ruin our friendship over sex.” Nick was ignoring me, so I started to walk away. “Not like it was that great.”

I saw his head perk up. He snatched my arm forcing me back against him. “What did you say?”  He questioned furiously.

“I said you weren’t all that in the sack.” Nick’s blue eyes were so dark they looked black. Clearly, he had never been told the truth from a woman before. “Both times you left me unsatisfied. It was about you getting yourself off. Then you compare me to her.”

I pulled my arm away from him and made my way back inside. I opened the freezer and took out a package of waffles. I slid two waffles in the toaster.

“I wasn’t done with you.” Nick leaned against the wall.

“Well, I’m finished with you.” I gave Nick a hard stare. “That means everything include sleeping with you.”

“You’ve slept with him?” Annalise said with mirth. Chalk it up to her not believing that Nick would even consider sleeping with me.

“Yes, because it seems like Nicky boy likes sleeping with all his friends little sisters.” I put my waffles on a plate and sat down to eat.

“I’m sure he only fucked you for pity. Poor Alexia can’t get a man.” Anna laughed spitefully.

I looked at Nick and saw the truth on his face. What an asshole. I thought he was my best friend. “Thanks a lot Nick. I don’t need your pity.”

“It wasn’t like that, Lexi.” Nick looked apologetic.

“What was it like?” Anna asked, flopping down in a kitchen chair.

“You wouldn’t understand.” He looked at Anna. Then he turned to me. “I’m sorry I hurt you Lexi. It was never my intention. You got to believe that.”

“I don’t know what to believe. I think you led me on. You couldn’t get it from Anna so you used me.” I took my dirty dish to the sink. “I got to get ready for work.”

As I’m leaving Anna opens her mouth. “You are such a fucking idiot, Carter. Alexia’s in love with you. She’s been for years. Sleeping with her was foolish. You know it made her fall further for you.” She moves closer to Nick. “You know, I’m not mad at you. I don’t care if you slept with her or not. You are always able to make me cum, multiple times.”

I turned around. “Thanks a lot Annalise. I thought you were my best friend. You think it is funny spilling my secrets. It’s not going to make Nick like you any better. All you did was betray my trust. How about I share your secrets? They are a lot worse than being in love with Nick Carter.”

“You’re in love with me?” Nick choked out.

“I was a fool. You being with Annalise has made me question my sanity when it comes to you.”  I feel the tears start falling down my face as I lie to my best friend. “Just leave me alone Nick. I can’t be in love with a man who doesn’t even value me during sex. I was a fucking object to you. I was a means to an end. I got you to your release. You never once thought of me.”

I ran out of the kitchen and into the bathroom. I needed to get ready for work. There was no way I could be late. I pushed all my emotions aside. It was time to be professional charge nurse, Alexia Lillian McLean.