- Text Size +

Why Are We Still Friends

By Rachel

Copyright 2015

 

Chapter 54

 

Waiting for AJ was draining. I didn’t want to be in my house, but I was too upset to drive. I wanted to forget everything. I wished I could go back in time to before I screwed everything up. Maybe it was better when I was just friends with Nick and Brian.

 

Yelling and screaming from outside pulled me out of my haze. I walked over to the window. Brian and Nick were arguing. What was Nick doing here? This wasn’t good. I forced myself to go outside.

 

“Guys stop fighting. You’re going to piss off the neighbors.” I shouted from the porch.  Both of them continued to ignore me.

 

“Come to comfort your little slut of a friend. Wait, knowing you; you’re probably going to fuck her. How many times have you fucked my girlfriend?” The words coming out of Brian’s mouth were harsh. He hated me more than I cared to admit.

 

“Shut the fuck up! Lexi is not a slut. Don’t you ever talk about her like that.  I never slept with her since she decided to date your sorry ass.” At least Nick was willing to defend me.

 

“But you fucked her before. Had to get her pussy before I did. Couldn’t let me have one thing, could you? The Almighty Nick Carter always gets what he fucking wants. Hell you even knocked her up with your super sperm.” Brian’s voice thundered. I could just imagine what my neighbors were thinking.

 

“That’s because I didn’t have a vasectomy, you fucking idiot.” Nick snarled.

Did I hear Nick correctly? Brian had a vasectomy. He lied to me this whole time. Everything he ever told me was a sham. Our friendship meant nothing after all these years.

 

I rushed toward Brian. “Is it true?” I poked him in the chest with my index finger.

 

He looked at me with no remorse on his face. It infuriated me that he didn’t even care that he lied to me repeatedly. When did Brian become such a dishonest man?  I couldn’t stand to look at him. I turned around and went back inside the house.

 

I curled up on the couch and listened to Nick and Brian having it out. Their yelling was making me sick. I wish they would stop. Hopefully AJ will get here soon and send them away.

 

The squealing of wheels and the slamming of my front door made me sit up. Nick walked in looked extremely pissed off. He was mad at me about the baby. I stood up and left the room. Nick followed me to my bedroom, but I closed and locked the door before he could come inside.

 

“Lexi let me in.” Nick said as he banged on the door.

 

“Leave me alone. I don’t want to talk to you.” I shouted. I didn’t want to talk to Nick. My feelings were hurt. He knew the truth about Brian and never told me. What kind of best friend does that?

 

“Open the door.”  He demanded.

 

I took a deep breath. “Go away Nick.”

 

“I’m not going away. Damn it Lexi. Let me in. We need to talk.” Nick was frustrated with me. I didn’t care. I wanted him to leave me alone.

 

I decided to ignore him. I curled up in my bed, tossing the covers over my head. Maybe this way Nick would leave me alone. Maturity was not my strong suit at the moment.

 

The room was dark when I removed the comforter from my body.  I must have fallen asleep. The clock on the nightstand read ten o’clock.  Standing up, I made my way to the kitchen. My stomach was grumbling.

 

AJ was sitting at the island drinking a cup of coffee. He looked at me but didn’t say anything. I went to the refrigerator and grabbed a bottle of juice. Then, I took an apple from the fruit bowl.

 

“Are you okay?” AJ asked as I took a seat next to him.

 

“Not really. Brian and I are over.”  There isn’t anything else to say.

 

“I’m guessing he didn’t take it very well.” My brother put his arm around me.

 

“No.” I sipped my water.  I just wanted to forget everything.

 

“Lexi, it might be better if you talk about.”

 

I stood up abruptly, pushing my brother out of the way. “I don’t want to talk about. It hurts knowing everyone has lied to me. The people I’ve cared about my whole life think it’s okay to be dishonest with me. What did I ever do to deserve that?” I screamed, as the tears fell from my eyes. AJ rushed over and wrapped his arms around him. I pushed him aside. “Don’t touch me!”

 

“You have every right to be pissed. I’m fucking pissed for you. I’d love to kill both of those assholes for hurting you.” My brother acted all tough. I looked at him a start to giggle. “Lexi, Lexi. Everything is going to be okay. You need to focus on your babies.”

 

“Where’s Nick?” I asked out of the blue. I had a feeling he was still here.

 

“I’m right here.” He said from the doorway. I turned around and looked at him. His face was a mix of emotions. Nick’s eyes were filled with love, but I could see that he was unsure.

 

“Can’t you go home?” I snarled at him.  I wasn’t ready to face him. What would I say to him?  Brian had already told him I was having his babies. But, Nick already knew that. I was angry because he knew about Brian’s vasectomy and didn’t tell me. I felt like a fool in every aspects of my life.

 

“We need to talk.” He moved closer to me.

 

 I backed away from him. “I have nothing to say.”

 

Nick attempted to take my hand, but I pulled it away quickly. I didn’t want him touching me. He took another step closer and placed his hands on my hips. “Stop being stubborn.” Nick yelled at me.

 

“Don’t tell me what to do.” I crossed my arms in front of me.

 

“Then you need to become the Lexi I know and love. I can’t stand to see the woman that Brian turned you in to.” 

 

“You act like your innocent. Honestly, Nick you’re just as bad as he is. You lied to me, too. In my book that makes you no better.”

 

“And if I told you the truth, you wouldn’t have believed me.” He stated calmly. I stared down at my feet. If I looked at Nick, he would see the truth.

 

Nick walked over to me. With his finger he lifted my chin, so we were eye to eye. Time stood still as we watched each other. Neither of us knew what to do next. I didn’t want to speak the words I knew I needed to say. I was nervous. My heart couldn’t take another heartbreak.

 

“Alexia, you wouldn’t have believed me. Your heart was all about Brian. I was afraid you wouldn’t believe me. It was never my intention to hurt you.”

 

“But you did.” I paused and took a deep breath. “I’m tired. I think it would be better if you left. We can talk to tomorrow. I need some time to think about things. I’ll call you tomorrow.”

 

“I’ll do whatever you want. Lexi, I love you.” Nick said tenderly.

 

“Don’t go there.” Nick looked like he was going to cry. “Not now Nick. Please give me some time.”