- Text Size +

Why Are We Still Friends

By Rachel

Copyright 2014

 

Chapter 8

 

I was drained when I returned home from my long day. I had all intentions of talking to Annalise, but Nick’s car was parked in the driveway. It was dark in house except for the kitchen. Maybe it was best if I didn’t go inside. Who knows what was going on? Wait this was my house; no one was going to stop me from going inside.

I slipped off my shoes and padded into the kitchen. Nick was looking out the sliding glass windows. “Hello, Nick.” I said softly.

“Oh.” He turned to look at me. “What’s up Lexi?”

“Just tired from work and school. What’s up with you?” I leaned against the counter.

“Nothing. Can’t a guy just visit his best friend?” Nick shrugged.

“We haven’t talked since Anna came back.” I wanted to add that he forgot about me, but I didn’t.

“Yeah, about that.”  He stared at his shoes. “Are you okay with me and her, you know?”

“I just want you to be happy. I thought you were looking for someone to settle down with.”

“I am, but I’m lonely.” He remarked bitterly.

“Nick, it takes time to find the right woman. I don’t think sleeping with Anna is going to help you find the woman of your dreams.” Why couldn’t I tell him what I was feeling? What would he do if I reached over and kissed him? I couldn’t do that. I wasn’t that type of girl.

“I’m tired of waiting. I’ve been single for over a year now, and I can’t find one decent woman in this whole fucking world.” His voice rose.

“But where is Anna tonight?” I was getting annoyed with this little pity party of his.

“She planned to come over my house, but never showed up or answered my texts. So, I came over here to check on her.”

“Well apparently she’s not here.” I was frustrated.

“There’s no need to raise your voice.” Nick stared at me in disbelief.

“You’ve ignored me since Anna came back. She’s been here five days and you’ve slept with her on three of those days. Why should I be mad? Let me throw a party.”

Nick walked over to me and attempted to give me a hug. “Lexi, you sound a little jealous to me. I’m not used to that Lexi. You’ve always shared me before.”

“Well I don’t trust Anna.” Shit, I didn’t want that slipping out.

Nick wrapped his long arms around my waist and pulled me closer. I could smell the alcohol on his breath. “How much have you had to drink?”

“Just a few shots of Jack and a couple of beers.” Nick backed me up against the fridge. “Just needed a buzz.”

Nick’s face moved down toward mine. I wanted to feel his lips on mine, but I wasn’t so sure of it at the moment. He was almost drunk and wouldn’t remember it in the morning. What if this was my only chance to kiss him?

His lips barely grazed mine as he closed the space between us. I swallowed nervously. This is what I wanted, wasn’t it? Nick’s lips gently covered mine. It was everything I had imagined a kiss with Nick to be. It was soft and gentle, yet sexy and confident.

My body was into it, but my mind kept thinking that this wasn’t right. He was sleeping with Anna. If she caught me and Nick, she’d tell him everything.  I’d lose my best friends. Plus I don’t think he was kissing me because he wanted me. Nick was drunk and very horny from the erection in his pants. I pushed him away. Nick looked at me like I was crazy. I did the only thing I knew; I ran.

The sand was cold on my feet. I jumped when the waves hit my feet. It was like a shock of reality.

“Lexi, get your ass back in the house.” Nick yelled from the porch. I wanted to ignore him, but he was going to wake up the neighbors. I jogged back up to the house.  “Why did you run away?” He asked softly.

“Maybe it’s not such a good idea. We’re best friends. What if it ruins our friendship?” It would kill me not to be friends with Nick.

“Haven’t you ever heard of friends with benefits? Sex doesn’t have to ruin a friendship; it can just make it better.” He wiggled his hips at me.

Something didn’t feel right about this. Against my better judgment, I let Nick talk me into it. I pulled my shirt over my head, exposing my cleavage. Nick smiled and licked his lips. He was such a boob man. Apparently he liked all shapes and sizes because I was small compared to most women he dated.

“Damn, Lexi.” He let out a low whistle. “Your breasts are beautiful, let’s free them.” Nick unclasped my bra and let it fall to the floor. For the first time I felt exposed. “They are absolutely, fucking gorgeous.” He took one in each hand.

“Mmm, Nick.”

“I love how they fit in my hands.” His mouth was on mine. Nick’s tongue probed my lips asking for entrance. I granted permission by opening my mouth. Our tongues swirled together as his fingers thumbed my nipples. I could feel myself getting wet. Nick sucked on my tongue for a few minutes. I never had a man kiss me like Nick.

“Let’s take this to my room.”

He continued kissing me and sucking on my neck as we inched our way to my bedroom. Nick closed the door by pushing my body against it. “Lexi you’re beautiful. I can’t wait to see the other half. Let’s get undressed.”

Nick started taking off his clothes. This was not the romantic evening I had pictured with Nick kissing me down my body as he undressed me. I quickly took off my pants and was standing in my panties. “I so pictured you as a thong girl.” Nick laughed.

“Well thongs aren’t the best for work. Feel free to raid my panty draw. I’m sure you’ll find something you like.” I teased as I took them off.

Nick watched as I held my panties in my hand. “Wow, did I get you that wet?” He smirked at me. “I still got it.”

I decided to ignore his comment and grabbed his hand. We moved to the bed. “Nick do you have a condom? It’s been a while for me.”

“Sure, I always keep protection with me. No babies for me.” He got off the bed and grabbed his pants.

“And the world is thankful for that.” I said sarcastically.

“That was harsh, baby.”  Nick said as he tore open the condom

I was lying on the bed with my legs spread apart waiting for Nick. I was looking forward to experiencing this with him. My womanhood was aching to be touched and licked. Nick placed the condom on his penis and moved over top of me. He bent down and placed his lips on mine as he pushed himself into me.

What the fuck? He didn’t give me any notice that he was ready. He started thrusting himself into me. I was shocked by his abruptness. It took me a few seconds to compose myself. I slowly started meeting his thrusts.

“Fuck me baby.” He screamed as he pumped me faster and faster. “You’re so tight.”

This continued for a few minutes. I wasn’t sure this was going to the way I had planned. It seemed like Nick only care about himself. I was just there to help him get his jollies.

“Fuck baby I’m going to explode.” Nick had reached his climax and I wasn’t even near mine.  When he finished he collapsed on top of me. “Damn, Lexi. That was fantastic.”

“It sure was.” I lied. I couldn’t hurt his feelings. He rolled off me and within a minute he was snoring.  “It wasn’t that good.” I whispered to myself.

This was one of the worst sexual experiences I had ever had.  Sure there weren’t many, but even my first time wasn’t that bad. I was disappointed in myself. I should have not let Nick talking me into doing this. Only, I knew this would probably be my only chance with him. I didn’t know if this was Nick’s sexual style or was it because he was drinking.

Nick continued to snore like a chainsaw.  I couldn’t take it anymore. I got out of bed and found my pajamas. Once I was dressed, I went into the living room. Nothing like some mindless television to make me forget how unsatisfied and horny I was at the moment.  

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading!!!