- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This is one of my earlier fan fics.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Everything in this prologue is based on reality. My Uncle and I honestly had these conversations pretty much all at once back then. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own my family and friends. Anyone associated with BSB or another celebrity is their own property. Thank-you!

“Hey Lenni,” Uncle John began. “You’ll never guess who I saw at the gas station today.”

“Let me guess, some really cute blond guy,” Lenore stated sarcastically. “And his name started with either an ‘N’ or a ‘B’.”

“There was this guy at the pump next to mine and he had long hair and brown eyes, I think,” Uncle John continued. “Said his name was…Howie? Also told me he belonged to some group, the Backstreet Boys, I think.”

“Yeah, sure, whatever,” Lenore riposted nodding her head some. “The next thing you’ll be telling me is that you saw N’SYNC on the back deck.”

“I also saw this guy with tattoos and greenish blue hair at the mall,” Uncle John went on. “I’m pretty sure he said his name was A.J.”

Lenore rolled her eyes. “Mm hmm.”

“Then there was this hitchhiker on the side of the road. He had blond hair and was only about my height,” Uncle John informed her. “I stopped to talk to him. He told me that he was on his way to Pembroke, and that when him and his band-mates stopped to go to the bathroom he got left behind. Said maybe I’d heard of him, Brian from the Backstreet Boys.”

“Uncle John!” Lenore groaned. “C’mon, I think if you had have really met a Backstreet Boy you would’ve gotten me an autograph, no matter what.”

"Did I tell you that some tall blond guy, with an ‘N’ on his nametag, delivered gas for the lawnmower to your dad this morning? I think his name was Nick or something like that.”

“Sure, and Kevin’s in the kitchen helping my Mom bake,” Lenore retorted. “Stop teasing me already.”

“No. But, some guy did call while you were downstairs, name was Kevin if I’m not mistaken.”

“I think I would’ve heard the phone ring if I was in the house,” Lenore riposted.

“I was outside and I heard it,” Uncle John replied. “Maybe you didn’t hear it because you had the T.V. on at the time.”

Lenore rolled her eyes and shook her head, then turned to walk away.

“Fine, but there was some guy at the door yesterday looking for you,” Uncle John stated. “Told me he’d come all the way down here from the states. Asked if I’d heard of him, Brian from the Backstreet Boys. I said I didn’t believe him and sent him on his way; you never know, it could’ve really been him though.”

“If you believed it might’ve been Brian, then why didn’t you ask for some I.D. like any curious person would?” Lenore interrogated.

“I never thought of it, that’s why.”

“Yeah, sure, whatever Uncle John,” Lenore shrugged as she continued her way into the house from the back deck.

Chapter End Notes:
Note: Chapters will be a little short.