- Text Size +

Project: nkotBSB

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 10

 

Hanna Jo

 

I awake before the alarm goes off. Jessi is sound asleep. I sit up and stretch. Looking around the room, I see two empty wine bottles and some glasses. Why are there three glasses? Everything becomes crystal clear when I look over at Jessi’s bed. Nick is sound asleep beside her.

 

Nick came back last night when he realized he didn’t have Jessi’s number. It was a nice evening. Nick was as nice as AJ. I gave them some alone time and spent part of my evening in the lobby reading. I knew Jessi would repay me someday.

 

Someone’s phone starts to ring. It’s not mine. I find it before it wakes everyone up. I realize its Nick’s phone, so I answer it. “Hello! Nick’s phone.”

 

“Is that you Hanna Jo?” AJ’s raspy voice asks.

“It sure is.” I giggle. “How are you this morning?”

“I’m doing well. Just looking for Nick. We have an interview in an hour and no one can find him.”

“Oh, no! He fell asleep while hanging out with Jessi. I’ll wake him up and send him on his way.”

“Thanks Han.”

“Anytime, Alex.” I smile as I hang up.

I place Nick’s phone on the dresser. Jessi and Nick look so cute; I hate having to wake them up. “Jessi and Nick wake up.” I pray that they are fully dressed under the comforter.

Nick sits up and I can see his shirt. I breathe a sigh of relief. Jessi is out for the long haul. I’m assuming she drank too much wine last night.

“Good morning Hanna Jo.” He says groggily.

“Morning Nick. AJ just called to remind you that you have an interview in an hour.”

“Oh shit. I totally forgot.” He stands up. “I got to jet. Tell Jessi I’ll call her later.”

Within seconds he was out the door. I pad into the bathroom to do my morning routine. By the time I am done with my shower and getting dressed, Jessi is awake.

“So how did you get Nick into your bed?” I smirk at her.

She yawns and wraps the comforter around her body. “What are you talking about?”

“Stop joking Jessi. Nick was in your bed this morning when I woke up.” I say as I grab my phone to check for messages.

 Jessi looks under the blanket. “Stop playing tricks on me Hanna Jo. I’m fully clothed, so Nick couldn’t have been here.” She throws a pillow at me.

“I hope you weren’t having sex while I was sleeping in the other bed.” I shake my head at her.  The thought of someone having sex that close to me makes me sick. “Go get ready. We have some exploring to do.”

Just as Jessi gets out of bed, her phone buzzes. She quickly picks it up. “Oh, my fucking god! Holy shit balls!” She tosses her phone on the desk. I stare at her, waiting for her rant to simmer. “You weren’t fucking kidding. How could I forget that Nick Fuck Me Carter was in my bed last night?”

“You know I would never lie to you. I think you and Mr. Carter had a little too much wine last night.” I grab Jessi’s phone.

“I can’t believe he texted a picture of us from last night.” Jessi is frantic from his text message. She’s usually so calm when it comes to men. I think she’s falling hard for Nick.

“Well, he did say he enjoyed getting to know you and can’t wait to see you again. I think Mr. Carter is smitten with you.” I smile at her.

“I don’t get it. Ho Jo, I’m petrified. This isn’t what I pictured happening. I thought I would be an easy lay for him and that’s it.” She says with worry.

“Jess, just take it one moment at a time. I get a good vibe from Nick.” I give her a hug. “Let’s go do some shopping.”

 

An hour later we’re out and about in Belfast. I’m falling in love with Ireland. It’s absolutely beautiful. I am able to get Jessi’s mind off of Nick for a while. There is definitely something happening between the two of them. It’s more than friendship, and I can see it developing into something more.

Now AJ and I are a different story. We’re going to be great friends. I don’t know how far things will go between us even though we kissed. I don’t want my shyness to deter AJ from pursuing me in a sexual way. Right now we both seem content on being friends. We didn’t spend a lot of time kissing after Nick left. I’m going to follow my own advice and live one moment at a time.

“Ho Jo can we stop and get some food. I’m starving.”  Jessi spots a pub.

“That sounds perfect.”

We enter the noisy establishment, and the waitress takes us to a table in the back. We sit down and look at our menus.

“Hanna!” AJ says cheerfully walking over to our table.

“Hi Alex.” I say as Jessi kicks me under the table when I use his real name. “How’s it going?”

He bends down and gives me a kiss on the cheek. “We just wrapped up an interview, so a few of us decided to get some lunch.”

“Nice.”

“Hey there, AJ!  Have fun with Ho Jo yesterday?” She winks at both of us.

I notice that Howie, Donnie, and Joey walk up beside Alex. If he wasn’t with all his friends, I would invite him to sit with us. Plus Donnie and Jessi don’t really get along, so it wouldn’t be a good idea.

“I sure did.” He smiles at me, and I blush profusely, “Did you have fun with Nick last night? You look cute when you sleep.”

Under his breath Donnie mutters. “She must be a groupie. Seems like she gets around.”

I’m afraid to look at Jessi; I know she heard his comment. Before I have a chance to say something, she’s off and running. I feel so bad for my best friend.

“Just because she didn’t fall into your bed doesn’t make her a groupie.” I remark quietly. I’m shocked that I’m even saying anything. “I’m sorry you lost your chance with Jessi.”

Donnie looks upset, while everyone else is confused. I should be looking for Jessi. I hope she didn’t go too far. How am I going to find her in a foreign country? As I start to stand up, AJ takes my hand and pulls me aside.

“Are you okay?” He starts to rub my upper arms. It’s a tender touch and helps me to calm down.

“I just feel bad for Jessi. Donnie…keeps…umm…ruining things.”

The next thing I know Alex is pulling me into his arms. I breathe in his aftershave. I could get lost in that smell forever. Before I realize it, his lips graze my cheek. I know where I want this to lead, but we’re in public and my conscious tells me I need to find Jessi. I back away from AJ.

“I better go.”

Before he lets me go, he says, “You’re a good friend, Hanna. I’ll call you later to see if you found her. Take care.” He gives me a quick peck on the nose.

I run out the door before I have time to think about how sweet Alex is. I don’t know where I’m going to find Jessi. I hope she didn’t get too far. I need to find her.  I hate Donnie Wahlberg.

 

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
Hope you are still enjoying the story. Let us know what you think. Thanks for reading!