- Text Size +

Project: nkotBSB
By Rachel
Copyright 2014

Chapter 116

Hanna Jo

As I watch Jessi walk toward Nick, I feel tears prick the corner of my eye. I’m so happy for my best friend. She deserves love and happiness more than anyone I know. I’m happy to be sharing this day with her.

I see Brian walking towards me. It’s now my turn. I finally look at Alex. He’s the love of my life. He smiles at me. I can see the glisten of tears in his eyes. I whisper I love you.

“You ready Hanna?” Brian whispers in my ear. “You make a beautiful bride. Soon you’ll be a beautiful wife. I’ve never seen AJ this happy. You two belong together.”

“Thanks Brian.” I grab onto his arm and we make our way down the aisle.

When we reach Alex, I let go of Brian and stand near my future. Alex is my only focus. The rest of the world disappears. The look of love on his face is all I need. It feels good to be loved unconditionally.

“The Hawaiian word for love is Aloha. Today we are gathered together to join in the celebration of marriage of Jessica Marie Todd and Nickolas Gene Carter and Hanna Jo Rogers and Alexander James McLean. Their desire to make their Aloha eternal is present today by the commitment of entering into marriage.” The officiant spoke eloquently. The rest of his words are tuned out, as I stare at the man I love.

I hear Jessi giggle, and it pulls me back into reality. I still can’t believe we’re getting married.

“At this time I would like you to present each other these leis. In Hawaii we exchange leis as a symbol of our love. As you exchange these leis you will begin to weave your lei in love together. Now, with loving aloha, please present your leis to one another with a smile and kiss on the check and an Aloha.”

I hear Nick and Jessi say Aloha. Now it’s mine and Alex’s turn. He gently puts the lei around my neck, as I do the same.  We give each other a kiss and say, “Aloha.”

“Each bride and groom has written vows to their beloved. Jessi you may begin.”

Jessi clears her throat before she speaks. “Nick, I will trust and honor you. I promise to laugh and cry with you. I will love you faithfully and unconditionally for all of my life, for better and worse. Whatever life gives us, I’ll always be there. I give you my life and love to keep, from now and forever. Thank you for taking the time to love me.”

Nick takes her hand and places a kiss on it. His chin is quivering with emotion. “I never thought this day would happen to me. Jessi, you make me believe in love. I promise to keep you safe, no matter the cost. I’ll love you completely with all my heart and soul. I plan on growing old with you and loving you until the end of time. I love you with all my being.”

It’s now my turn. I’m calmer than I realize. “Alexander, words can’t express how much your love means to me. In the past, I wasn’t sure what love was and didn’t believe that it really existed. You changed that for me. You made me believe and showed me that it was possible to love someone as much as they loved me. Alex, you taught me more than you’ll ever know. Please continue to teach me how to love.” Tears trickle down my face. I take a moment before I continue. “I take marriage seriously. I plan to love, honor and cherish you in sickness and in health. I love you Alex, with everything that I am.”

AJ wipes the tears from his eyes. He’s blubbering like a baby, but I can’t help but smile. He truly is a godsend.

“Well, I’m not sure I can top this. Damn, you got me all twitterpated.” AJ sniffles, as everyone laughs. He takes my hands in his. “Banana, you’re the girl my mom always told me about. The one that would kick me on my ass. I’m glad that I waited for you. You are everything I hoped for in a wife. I am looking forward to spending the rest of my life with you. I can’t wait until our baby is born.” Everyone including me gasps. “Our love will be shown in the baby we created from our love. I plan on showing you every day how much I love you.”

“Now you may place your rings upon each other’s hand. This symbolizes the unending bond you have to love one another.”

We slowly slide the rings on each other’s fingers, just as Nick and Jessi are doing the same. AJ and I stare at each other with big smiles.

The officiant says, “I know pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.”

I glance quickly at my best friend. She and Nick are in full lip lock. AJ pulls me near. Our lips connect in a kiss laden with love and passion. I’m the happiest girl alive. Nothing can ruin this moment. I’m Mrs. Alexander McLean.

“I love you Mrs. McLean.” AJ says breathlessly when we break apart.

“I love you more, Mr. McLean.” I press a quick kiss to his lips.

“Never.” He gives me a sheepish grin. “I hope you aren’t mad at me for spilling the beans about the baby. It just kind of came out.”

“Nah, nothing could spoil the happiest day of my life.” A huge grin covers my face.

Jessi and I turn around at the same moment. Our arms wrap around each other. Tears fill our eyes. “Can you believe it? We’re married.” Jessi bursts out.

“We are the luckiest women. We found true love. I’m so happy for you Mrs. Carter.” I squeeze my best friends.

“I’m happy for you, Mrs. McLean.” She hugs me back. “Who would have thought our crazy adventure would end like this.”

“I don’t know about you, Jessi, but I think our crazy adventure is just starting.”

We both turn and look at our husbands. They are standing next to each other watching us. Both have huge grins on their faces. It’s the greatest feeling to know that the two of us our loved so much.

“I think it’s time to get the reception started.” I whisper.

“Cause the sooner it’s over, the sooner the honeymoon can begin.” Jessi laughs. I join in with her, as our husbands walk over to us.

“Are you ready Mrs. Carter?” Nick takes her hand and they walk down the aisle.

“Hanna, you look absolutely breathtaking. I love you so much. Welcome to the family sweetheart. You are now a McLean forever.  Your new life started the moment you said I do. Not a day will go by that you will not feel loved, cherished or adored.”  He presses a kissed to my temple. “Now let’s get this part started. I can’t wait to ravish my wife tonight. I love you Mrs. McLean.”

Together, hand in hand, we walk toward our guests. “I love you, Mr. McLean.”