- Text Size +

Project: nkotBSB

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 12

 

Hanna Jo

 

I am a nervous wreck waiting for Jessi to wake up. When we found her in the dark alley I thought I was going to lose my best friend. We went straight to the hospital. Jessi has a nasty goose egg on her head. The doctors are concerned about her having a concussion.

 

Nick is pacing. “You need to calm down.” He’s freaking me out a bit.

 

“I can’t. What if I didn’t get there in time?” He cries out in agony. “She could have been raped and killed.”

 

His emotions frighten me. Nick really cares about Jessi. I know that they just met but I think he’s in love with her. He’s already so protective of her.

 

“Just be thankful we got there in time. God was on her side.” I say quietly. I am shaken. This isn’t how our trip was supposed to turn out. Is this God’s way of punishing me and Jessi for our crime?

 

Nick walks over to the window and stares out at the darkness. I feel lost. I don’t know what to do. It’s like I’m all alone. All I can do is pray. A knock on the door pulls me out of my conversation with God.

 

AJ walks in with Donnie. This is not going to be good. Before I can shoo him into the hallway, Nick turns around.  He is pissed. “Get the fuck out of here. She doesn’t need you around. You’ve caused enough trouble.” He snarls at Donnie.

 

“Nick, he wants to apologize and see how Jessi’s doing. Just hear Donnie out and he’ll leave.” AJ tries to diffuse the situation before it gets out of hand.

 

“Is she okay?” Donnie says sympathetically. I feel bad for him. I just wish he wouldn’t keep provoking Jessi. She doesn’t want Donnie around, and he keeps popping up wherever we go.

 

“No, she’s not.” I reply. “She’s been unconscious since we got here. Jessi is my best friend. I can’t live without her.” The tears I’ve been holding in finally fall down my face.

 

AJ is by my side and holds me close to him. It feels good letting it out. “I think you two need to take it into the hall. Jessi doesn’t need to wake up to adult men having a fist fight.”

 

Donnie and Nick stomp out to the hallway. I hope they don’t get kicked out of the hospital. Things are only going from bad to worse.

 

“It’s okay, Hanna. Jessi will be make it through. She’s tough.” He rubs my back. I know he’s trying to make me feel better, but it’s not working.

 

“She has to pull through. I don’t know what I’ll do without her. If anything happens to her, I’ll be alone.” I sniffle into his shirt.

 

“Han, she’s not going to die. Plus, you won’t be alone. I promise you that.” AJ murmurs into my ear. I’m curious as to what he means. Does he mean that he’s going to be around or what? I am too afraid to ask Alex.

 

I hear a soft cough, coming from Jessi. I pull away from AJ and run over to her bed. “Where…am…I?” She can barely get the words out. I’m so happy she woke up.

 

I take her hand. “Oh, Jessi! Do you remember anything that’s happened?”

 

She doesn’t speak for a few minutes, but I know she’s replaying the events in her mind. I can see the sadness in her eyes. “Hanna Jo, I’m so sorry. I never meant for this to happen.  Our plans keep getting ruined.”

 

“They aren’t ruined. You are more important than any guy. As long you’re okay, that’s all that matters.” I give her a hug.

Donnie and Nick pick that precise moment to walk back in. Nick rushes to Jessi’s side. I step back to let him have some time with her.

 

“Jessi, I was worried about you.” Nick places light kisses all over her face. It’s a touching moment. I have to say I’m slightly jealous, even though I’m happy she has Nick.

 

“I’m okay, I guess.” She says pitifully.  “My head hurts.”

 

“Alex and I will go get the doctor.” I take AJ’s hand and we leave.

 

“Just stay put. The doctor will come in and see you. Please don’t leave like that again. When I saw all those guys around you, I wanted to kill them.” Nick stays be her side.

 

Donnie clears his throat. “I just wanted to apologize for everything. I didn’t think things would get so out of control.”

 

“I can’t do this right now.” She starts to cry. “Please just leave me alone.”

 

“Jessi, I’m really sorry. I hope you can find it within you to forgive me. Maybe we can talk when you’re feeling better. Nick can give you my number.”

 

Jessi looks away and doesn’t answer him. Nick decides to take control of the situation. “Donnie, she’s had a traumatic day. I think you need to leave. I let you say your peace. Now please go.”

 

“Damn it, I feel guilty. I just want to make things better. Do you think I meant for this to happen?” Donnie’s voice is laced with remorse.

 

“Right now, it doesn’t matter.” Nick stands up. “You need to go.”

 

Donnie abruptly brushes past me, as I enter Jessi’s room. I wonder what happened for him to leave so pissed off. Nick is comforting her while she cries. I look at AJ and my tears start to fall.

 

“Nick, is everything okay?” AJ asks, while pulling me close to him.

“It will be. Now’s not the time to discuss it.”

 

I feel so hopeless. I push away from AJ and move to Jessi’s side. She looks at me and gives me a half smile. I know that things suck at the moment, but it has to get better.

 

“I’ll be okay, Ho Jo.” Jessi whispers. I hope that she’s right. How much more can we take? This is only the beginning and look how things have gone so far.

 

The doctor releases Jessi after a thorough check-up. She has a concussion, but will be okay in a few days. The doctor tells her to get some rest over the next few days. Tomorrow is the first concert. I tell Jessi that we can skip it, but she says no way.

 

Nick and AJ take us back to the hotel. Nick stays by Jessi’s side until she falls asleep. I watch them, and see they have something special. They look like they’ve been a couple for years. He’s so tender with Jessi. I’m glad that Jessi has found a good guy. Will I be that lucky?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for your continued support. We appreciate it. Keep reading and let us know!!!