- Text Size +

Project: nkotBSB

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 18

 

Jessi and I are packing our belongings in the SUV we rented. We are on our way to Dublin. I’m excited to see the countryside. I’m thankful that Jessi is driving today. It was hard sleeping last night. All I could think about was AJ’s lips on mine. I think I might have had an orgasm, but I wasn’t sure since I never had one. But the way AJ made me feel during that make out session was something out of this world.

 

“You all set, Ho Jo?” Jessi asks pulling me out of my reverie. I shake all my not so clean thoughts out of my head.

 

“Let’s go!” I chirp and hop into the car. I am buckled in before Jessi gets in.

 

Once she’s in the driver’s seat, we leave the hotel. We both have a smile on our faces. Even though Jessi’s experience wasn’t perfect, I know she had some good times in Belfast.

 

“Hey, Ho Jo?” She asks quietly.

 

“Yeah, Jess.”

 

“Thank you for being a part of this adventure. There’s no one else I’d want with me on this wild ride.” I can feel her getting all emotional.

 

I take her hand and squeeze it. “I feel the same. My heart tells me it’s going to get even better.”

 

Before Jessi has can respond, my phone rings. I look for my phone, but I can’t find it. Realizing my purse is in the backseat, I reach for it. It’s too late, my phone has stopped ringing.

 

“Who was it?” Jessi asks curiously, speeding down a country road. I have a feeling we are going to get to Dublin in less than two hours.

I glance at the screen. “It was Alex.” I squeal. I wonder why he is calling me. We said our goodbyes last night.

 

“Call him back.” She prompts.

 

“I don’t want to sound too eager. Shouldn’t I play it cool?” I pause, “Isn’t that what guys like?”

 

“Ho Jo, you won’t sound eager I promise. You are nice girl who just happens to reply to missed calls promptly. If you’re unsure wait five minutes and then call him back. Alex wants to chat with you.”

 

Her advice makes sense. I look out the window and watch the scenery fly by. After seeing the millionth sheep and thatched cottage, I can’t take it anymore. I start dialing his number.

 

He answers on the first ring. “Hello Miss Hanna. How are you today?” I can hear the smile in his voice. I melt into my seat.

 

“I’m well. How are you?”

 

“I’m doing good, but great now that I’m talking to you.”  He flirts with me.

 

“You’re a sweet talker, Alex.” I giggle into the phone. Jessi is listening and smiling as she drives.

 

“I’m only telling the truth. You’re a beautiful woman. I wish I could have spent more time with you.”

 

I shift in my seat trying to get comfortable. “That would have been nice, Alex.” I smiling knowing he’s going to see me again.

 

“Thank goodness for phones. I promise when I get back to the states, we’ll meet up.” He stops to talk to someone. “Sorry. So what are you and Jessi up to on this lovely day?”

 

“Oh, we’re just taking a drive in the country.” I say casually.  Jessi starts laughing.

“Jessi is sure enjoying herself.” He comments. I pinch her to be quiet.

 

“She sure is.” I pause, deciding to be brave. I’m not ready for this conversation to end, and I feel the urge to have some fun. “So, you remember that you said you were going to teach me things?”

 

“Yeah.” AJ responds. He sounds almost nervous. That makes me want to laugh.

 

“Well, why don’t you give me a lesson now? I’m tired of looking at sheep. Entertain me.” I ask softly. Where I’m getting my boldness from I’ll never know. Okay, this isn’t wild and carefree, but it’s a start.

 

Jessi looks at me and I just shrug at her. Then she pats me on the thigh. She’s proud that I am loosening up a bit when it comes to AJ. If I don’t, he may lose interest in me, and I don’t want that to happen. I really like him.

 

I hear him groan, which causes me to smile. “Oh Hanna! I’m trying to be good here, and you want me to be a dirty man.”

 

My cheeks heat up from his statement. “Umm…umm…isn’t there…umm anything you could teach me over the phone?” I mumble the words, knowing I sound stupid.

 

“I didn’t mean to get you all flustered, sweetheart.” He replies gently. “Of course I can teach you something over the phone. Why don’t we start with cussing?”

 

“Okay.” I giggle and stare out the window. There is no way I can do this while looking at Jessi. She’s going to laugh at me.

 

“Let’s start off with something easy. Say damn.” I can hear him chuckling. It doesn’t bother me that he’s laughing.

 

“Umm…well…damn.” It’s so low; I know AJ can’t hear it.

 

“Speak up! Say it proudly.” AJ is too much. I can’t believe I’m twenty five and learning to curse.

 

“DAMN!!!!” I yell into the phone. Jessi’s pushes on the brake. The car comes to screeching halt. She starts laughing hysterically and can’t stop.

 

“Is Jessi okay?” AJ asks curiously.

 

I huff from embarrassment. “Jessi is fine. She’s having a good laugh at my expense.”

 

“It’s okay, Han. I love your enthusiasm when it comes to cursing. You get a gold star.”

 

Jessi is calm and starts driving again. I take a deep breath before I speak. “What’s my reward when I get to the major expletives?”

 

“Well, that’s something I’d rather show you than tell you about on the phone.”  His voice grows raspy.

 

“Oh.” I squeak out.

 

“Well, sweetheart I hate to do this, but I got to get ready to get to the venue. I’ll call you soon. Take care, Hanna Jo. Keep practicing.”  AJ says sweetly.

 

“I promise to practice. Alex, I look forward to your call. Have a nice show.” With that I hang up.

 

 Before I can say anything, Jessi starts. “I’m so glad you are relaxing when it comes to AJ. It will make things so much easier when you do him.”

 

“Oh God, Jessi, I’m going to be so nervous. What if he doesn’t want to sleep with me?” I start to panic.

 

“Just stop it.” Jessi commands, “He’s already told you he wants to make love to you. The boy thinks you’re sexy and wants in your pants. He’d already be in them if it weren’t for your fucking parents.”

“True.” I say sadly. I wish that my parents realized how their strict beliefs impacted my life. “I guess it’s just one more thing I have to overcome.”

“You will and I’ll be hearing you scream AJ’s name in pleasure.” She laughs.

 

“I hope you aren’t the type of woman that enjoys listening to other people have sex.” I comment.

 

“Eww. Hell no!!!” She screeches. “I’m not a pervert.”

 

We both start to laugh. I love that I can be myself with Jessi. She’s truly my best friend. I know she will be there to support me and help me with the whole AJ situation. It looks like things are turning up. This tour is going to be so much fun.