- Text Size +

Project: nkotBSB

By Rachel

Copyright 2013

 

Chapter 52

 

Hanna Jo

 

When Jessi falls into my arms, I know something happened at her lunch with Donnie. I help walk over to the couch. She grabs the bottle of tequila and pours herself a shot. I watch her down shot after shot feeling helpless.

 

“J…J…Jessi?” I whisper as I take a seat next to her. “Please talk to me. I’m worried about you.”

 

Jessi pulls herself out the stupor she is in. She’s having a hard time getting the words on. “Oh…Hanna. Why, Fucking Why?” She yells the last part.

 

“What happened with Donnie today?” I ask quietly.

 

“My past is coming back to haunt me again.” Tears run down Jessi’s face.

 

“What did the bastard do?” My anger gets the best of me. “I’ll kill that no good slime ball.”

 

Jessi looks up at me with a slight hint of amusement on her face. Her eyes are still clouded with tears.  She doesn’t speak, but looks down.

 

“I mean it Jessi. He’s no good and you can’t trust him.” I growl.

 

“JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP HANNA.” She yells at me. “I FUCKING KNOW THAT HE’S A BASTARD. STOP RUBBING IT IN MY FACE.”

 

I don’t even know what to say. I walk out onto the balcony. Taking a deep breath I attempt to calm down.  I don’t know how to feel about Jessi yelling at me. Something is definitely wrong, but I don’t deserve to be treated like that. As I turn around to go back inside, I bump into Jessi.

“I don’t know what has crawled up your butt, but I’m trying to be a good friend. If you don’t want my help let me know.” I push her aside as I walk back into the room.

 

“Ho Jo wait.” Jessi say meekly. I see the guilt on her face. My heart is breaking for her. I just want to see my best friend happy.

 

I take a seat on the couch and down my glass of wine. “What’s happening to us?”

 

“I don’t know, but I’m sorry Hanna.” She sits down beside me. “This is not how I thought this trip would be. I mean at least you found the man of your dreams in AJ. So something good came out of it.”

 

“What about you Jessi?” She shakes her head no. I continue, “What about you and Nick. You can’t deny the chemistry between the two of you.”

 

“It’s doesn’t matter.” Jessi is agitated. “Things between Nick and I are over. Oh, Hanna, there’s just no way I can keep doing this to him. It’s not fair.”

 

I’m perplexed. “Jessi you need to tell me what happened with Donnie today. I mean everything.”

 

“Lunch was a sham.  I…I…I thought Donnie was actually trying to be nice, but I was mistaken.  How in the hell could I be attracted to him?” She takes another shot of tequila. I know it’s to calm her nerves. “So of course, Donnie was his usual douchey self.”

 

“A leopard doesn’t changes its spots. That’s his style.” I pour myself some wine.

 

“So after I wouldn’t give him what he wanted, the bastard gave me a dvd of movies from his slime ball brother.” She winces. Embarrassment covers her face.

 

I pull Jessi into a hug. “Jessi, I’m so sorry. I can’t believe he would stoop so low. I mean after he came to our rescue. Now he’s blackmailing you?”

 

“Pretty much, but he’s not just targeting me. He’s targeting Nick. What am I going to do?”

I gasp in shock. Donnie is a true slime ball. He knows how to play dirty. I knew he was bad news, but I didn’t realize he would take it this far.  Jessi is feeling hopeless, but I have to do something to help her. She’s my best friend. Deep down I know she’s in love with Nick. She won’t admit it, but I know her feelings run deeper for him.

 

“Jessi, what can we do? There’s no way we can let Donnie get away with this.” I bite my lip. I’m trying to think of something.

 

“I don’t know, but I can’t do this to Nick. Donnie says he’s going to expose the kind of woman Nick is dating to the world.” She falls back onto the couch.

 

“How long did he give you?”

 

“Until the end of the tour. That doesn’t give me much time.”  She sighs, defeated.

 

After a few minutes, I share my thoughts with Jessi. She’s resigned herself to the fact that things are over with Nick. This is not my best friend. She has never been the one to give up. She’s got to start fighting for Nick.

 

“Jessi are you going to tell Nick?”

 

“I can’t. I just can’t do that to him. His career would be ruined.” She cries out.

“What the heck? You’ve never been one to give up. There’s no way you are going to let Donnie Wahlberg win. You’ve got to tell Nick. I’m sure he can do something.”

 

“Hanna just stop! I can’t deal with it now. I need time to think. Please don’t pressure me about this. I’ll figure it out.” She says while looking her phone. “The guys are on their way back. I got to go and freshen up. I don’t want Nick seeing me like this. Thanks for everything Hanna. Please keep this on the down low.”

 

“Jessi, please tell Nick.” I give her a hug before she walks toward the door. “Just don’t shut me out. I love you, Jessi. You know I’m here for you no matter what.”

 

“Thanks Hanna. I’m sorry if I’m being a bitch. It’s not you. Things just suck at the moment. I’ll talk to you later.  Love ya, Ho Jo.”

 

I follow Jessi out into the hallway. She stops and turns around. “Jessi, you can’t let Donnie get away with this shit. You don’t have a choice. You need to tell Nick. He has a right to know. This will affect his life.”

 

“STOP!!!! Just give me time. I’ll figure something out.”  Jessi’s pissed at me, but at this point I don’t care. I just want her to be happy. I’ll know she’ll be happy with Nick.

 

“You don’t have much time. The tour is almost over. If you don’t tell Nick, I will.” I blurt out.

 

“You will do no fucking thing. JUST STAY OUT OF IT!!!” Jessi stops off toward her room.

 

I stand there in shock. I can’t believe what I just said, but this time I will follow through.