- Text Size +

Project: nkotBSB

By Dottie

Copyright 2013

 

Chapter 54

 

Hanna Jo

 

AJ’s lips were brushing the skin on my shoulder. I squirm against AJ causing him to groan. He lowers me onto the couch and lies on top of me. Our lips meet in a searing kiss. I suck on his bottom lip while his hands move to my breasts. I want to make love to AJ, but I know I’m not ready. The thumping on the door causes me to push AJ off of me.

 

“Ignore it.” He growls as the knocking gets louder.

 

“Hanna open the door!” Nick’s voice radiates through the door.

 

I look at AJ as I stand up and straighten my clothes. “I need to answer this.”

 

The panic in Nick’s voice tells me something is wrong. Something had to have happened between him and Jessi. Hopefully she told him the truth, but my intuition tells me that isn’t what happened.

 

I open the door and Nick rushes in. He looks from me to AJ and back again. I motion for him to take a seat on the couch. He plops down, confusion and anger written all over his face.

 

“Alex, could you give Nick and me a few minutes?” I ask quietly, trying not to hurt his feelings. “It’s…just that….it’s something private about Jessi. I…I don’t know…umm think she wants everyone to know.”

 

AJ stands up and moves toward me. “Don’t you trust me Hanna Jo?” He whispers in my ear.

 

“I do trust you, Alex. This isn’t about me. I don’t know if Jessi wants everyone knowing.” I explain nervously. I don’t want to hurt his feelings, but the look on his face tells me that I am.

 

“Let him stay Hanna. We don’t keep secrets from each other. AJ won’t tell.” Nick says.

 

AJ sits his bum on the bed, not even looking at me. He is focused on Nick. Clearly, their friendship is like mine and Jessi’s. I know I should trust AJ and I do. It’s just that Jessi is my best friend and I don’t want to add more drama into her life.

 

“Nick is everything okay with Jessi?” I ask quietly. Clearly it’s not, but I don’t know what else to say. “Did she tell you?”

 

“Fuck!” He mutters. “Why does Jessi have a sex tape with an ugly ass version of Donnie Wahlberg?”

 

“She showed it to you?” I say incredulously.  That is so unlike Jessi. She didn’t even want to tell him about it. “You know…it’s…it’s not really a sex tape.”

 

Nick shifts uncomfortably. “No. I found it in her laptop. What the hell is going on?”

 

“Donnie’s blackmailing her.” I blurt out. Jessi’s going to be mad at me, but I don’t are. Nick will be able to do something to fix this. He has to save Jessi. She needs a man like Nick in her life.

 

“Are you serious?” AJ replies in shock. Nick and I both ignore him.

 

“Why would Donnie blackmail her? She’s told me everything he’s tried with her. I can’t believe he’d stoop THIS low?” Nick’s body tenses up.

 

I gently place my hand on Nick’s arm. He’s upset and needs to calm down. I forget that AJ is in the room and focus completely on Nick. His concern for Jessi proves how much he cares for her. I wish she would realize that Nick isn’t like the other men in her life.

 

“Donnie wants what he can’t have. His attraction for Jessi is borderline obsession. He’s trying everything in his power to make Jessi his.”

 

“But she doesn’t want him.  Doesn’t he realize that? Jessi has told him repeatedly.”  Nick says with anger. All I know is Donnie better stay clear of Nick. If mad enough, I think he could beat the crap out of Donnie.

 

“That’s because Donnie won’t take no for answer.” AJ interjects. I look up and give him a small smile. He’s a supportive friend.

 

“There’s more to it than just the video. Jessi cares more about you than any man she’s ever been with. She would risk her own happiness to make sure you were safe.”

 

Nick grabs the bottle of tequila and pours himself a shot. He drinks it quickly and pours another. Once he’s finished, he sits back against the couch. The agony in his blue eyes is enough to make me cry. “What do you mean, Hanna?”

 

“You are a part of the blackmail scheme. Donnie knew that Jessi would protect you. She cares more about you than herself.” I hope I’m doing the right thing by telling Nick. “Donnie threatened to ruin your career by exposing what kind of woman you would date.”

 

“I’m going to kill that mother fucking son of a bitch.” Nick stands up. I know he’s ready to go attack Donnie.

 

“Nick, Stop!” He looks at me. “Attacking Donnie right now is not the answer. You need to get yourself in control and talk to Jessi. She’s afraid to tell you. I’m worried about her. Jessi is my best friend. I can’t take her being hurt over and over again.”

 

“Hanna, I don’t plan on hurting Jessi. I’m in love with her. I’m willing to wait until she’s ready.  Nothing can stop that. Donnie messed with the wrong man. Destroying me won’t change my feelings for Jessi. I seriously doubt he can destroy me anyway.”  Nick moves toward the door.

 

 

 

“Nick that’s what you need to tell Jessi. It’s going to take a lot for her to believe it.  She’s in a vulnerable state. Men have been hurting her all her life. Go talk to her, please and don’t get yourself in trouble. Jessi will just blame herself.”

 

Nick nods his head and gives me a smile. I walk over and give him a hug.  “Thanks, Hanna. You’re a good friend.”

 

Once Nick leaves, I crawl on the bed with AJ. We both sink back on the pillows, neither of us talking.  I know he’s upset about earlier. I feel bad that he doesn’t think I trust him.

 

I turn on my side so that I’m looking at him. “I want to apologize for earlier. I do trust you, Alex.”

 

“It didn’t seem that way.” His hand moves slowly down my arm. “Hanna, I love and care about you. That includes every part of you. Your pain is my pain. When you won’t let me in to all parts of your life it hurts.”

 

“It didn’t have anything to do with you Alex. It was about Jessi. She’s been through so much and I…I…I know it’s something she keeps private.” I say, being honest.

 

“Hanna, I love you.” He kisses me slowly, taking his time sucking on my bottom lip. “Things for you and Jessi have been hard. I’m glad you have each other. Hanna, I’m going to protect you and keep you safe.”

 

“Alex.” I sigh. “Thank you for accepting me for who I am. I know that I have issues, but you still love me anyway. You know that Jessi and I are a package deal.”

 

“You know I’m going to help Nick kick Donnie’s ass.” He says seriously.

 

“Just be careful. I don’t want you and Nick going to jail.”  I give him a quick peck on the lips.

 

AJ rolls us over, so I’m lying underneath him. “I love you Hanna. Make love to me.”

 

I know that I should say no. We aren’t ready for this, but my heart tells me yes. Follow my brain or follow my heart? Does it matter? I know that AJ loves me.

 

I push him off of my body. AJ looks at me with confusion. I want to laugh, but I keep it inside. Slowly, I pull off my t-shirt. “You better start taking your clothes off.” I chuckle as he starts undressing. This feels right.