- Text Size +

Project: nkotBSB

By Rachel

Copyright 2013

 

Chapter 74

The last show of the tour was awesome. All the guys, even NKOTB were sensational. As much as I am enjoying the after party, it’s bittersweet. This is my last night with AJ until I don’t know when. Both of us are going back to the states, but on different sides of the country.

“Everything okay, Hanna?” Brian flops down beside me on the couch.

“Umm…sure.” I shake myself out of my trance. “Why do you ask?”

“You seem off in your own little world.”

“Yeah, well. It’s just that leaving AJ is going to suck.” I admit to myself more than Brian.

He places his arm around me. “AJ is so in love with you. I don’t think you two will be separated for long.”  His comment melts my heart. I am willing to do anything to be with AJ. I love him that much.

“What about you and Joe?” I ask, curiosity getting the best of me.

Brian makes a funny face at me. “What about us?”

“Just wondered.” I answer quietly.

“We’ve decided to be friends.” He looks around the room, before he begins to speak. “I think it was just a phase. Joe is a nice guy and all, but I prefer women more.”  

I give Brian a hug. “Nothing wrong with experimenting.”

“Hanna.” He starts to chuckle. “I have to admit you are the last person I would expect to be so open to everything.”

“Well, with my upbringing it makes sense, doesn’t it? I couldn’t live my life that way. I say if people are happy and in love, who am I to say it’s wrong. Life is about living. Plus healthy experimentation can be a lot of fun.” My cheeks turn pink as I giggle.

“It has worked for you. You’ve become an even more beautiful woman since the beginning of the tour. I think AJ has been good for you.” Brian presses a kiss to my cheek.

“What are you doing lovin’ on my woman?” AJ teases sitting down next to me.

“She’s a lovable woman.” Brian winks at me. I start to laugh. I can’t help it. I’ve had the giggles all night. “Just telling her how happy I am that you two lovebirds found each other. Both of you are so in love. Cherish it and don’t take it for granted.”

My hand moves to wipe a stray tear from my eye. “Oh, Bri.”

“Well, I’m off to talk to Joe. Enjoy your night.”

After Brian walks off, AJ and I sit quietly. I look around the room. Everyone seems to be enjoying themselves. Jessi and Nick are talking with Howie. New Kids On The Block are huddled in a corner talking with the exception of Donnie. He’s nowhere to found.

“Alex, I’m….I’m going to miss you.” I barely get the words out. I feel silly for getting so emotional over having to leave him. He probably thinks I’m stupid.

“Baby, I’m going to miss you, too. I promise it won’t be for long. We can make this long distance relationship work. Just because I’m in Los Angeles doesn’t mean I’m going anywhere.” He takes my hand and squeezes it.

“But…but…I don’t think I can live without you.” I bite my lip at my admission. I turn my head, so AJ can’t look at me.

AJ moves closer to me. I can feel his breath against my ear. My body starts to shake. I don’t understand why I’m feeling this way.  “Hanna, I can’t live without you either.” He whispers into my ear. “Distance isn’t going to make me love you any less. We’ll figure out a way to be together. This is only temporary.”

Turning and pressing a kiss to his lips, makes me only miss him more and he’s not even gone yet. AJ wraps his arms around me and holds me tight. I can’t get it out of my mind that he could easily find someone else. There are so many women who could fit in his lifestyle better than me.

“Please don’t cry. I hate seeing you this worked up about everything. Everything is going to work out.”

I back away from him and wipe my eyes. “You’re right. I just hate having to say goodbye to you in the morning. I don’t know if I can sleep without you next to me.”

“I’m definitely going to miss that. I’m going to miss the way you look when you just wake up and how you always put the pillows over your head when the alarm goes off.”

“Gee, can’t you think of anything better to remember about me.” I chuckle. “Like how much I turn you on or the way I make your banana feel.”

“Why don’t you show me? I’m not sure I remember.” He pulls us both up to our feet.

“I think that is the perfect idea, but do you think you should leave the party?”

“Looks like Nick and Jessi already left. Brian and Joe are gone. I’d rather hang out with you than NKOTB.”

“Well, I am better looking them all of them combined.” I comment with a smile.

“Hell yes and I don’t want any of them in my bed.” He takes my hand and we walk out of the room.

Neither of us says a word on the way back to his bus. So many emotions are swarming through my head, that I’m not sure what will come out of my mouth. I attempt to keep my emotions under control.

When we get inside we don’t waste any time getting undressed. It’s all about us being together. The second time, we take it nice and slow. It seems like we spend hours memorizing each other’s bodies. I need to remember what his body feels like next to mine. I don’t want to leave this moment.

“Hanna Jo Rogers, I can’t live without you.” AJ says seriously, as we cuddle together in bed. “Move in with me.”

“What?” I stare up at him. I can’t believe what I’m hearing.

“Come to L.A. and live with me.” He repeats.

“Don’t you think that is moving things too fast?” I say quietly.

“Han, I need you in my life. I thought you wanted the same thing.” AJ gets out of bed and pulls on his boxers.

Quickly, I find his t-shirt and put it on. I walk over to him and take his hand. “I do. I guess…I’m just nervous. AJ, I’m not like other women. When it comes to love and men, I know nothing.”

“Hanna, that’s what makes me love you even more. You may not be as worldly as most women your age, but you care deeply about the people you love. You let me be Alex not AJ. I don’t have to worry about you judging me for the choices I make.”  He says tenderly. My heart is melting.

“Alexander James McLean, I would love to move in with you.”