- Text Size +

Project: nkotBSB

By Rachel

Copyright 2013

 

Chapter 78

 

Hanna Jo

When we go our separate ways, Jessi is still hesitant. I hope that Nick is responsible and gets them back on time for the flight. AJ and I are in a cab. I assume we are going to explore the city.  We stop in front of a tall building.

“Get out Hanna.” AJ says, while practically pushing me out the door. I obey his command. He quickly pays the driver.

“What are we doing?” I ask quietly, taking in my surroundings. Tokyo is a beautiful city.

“We are going inside that hotel and I’m going to make love to the most beautiful woman.” He kisses my head.

I follow him into the hotel. Within five minutes we have a room and are in the elevator. When we get to our room, I take in the view of the city. It’s gorgeous.

“Hanna, you’re so quiet. Is everything okay?” AJ asks from behind me. He wraps his arms around my waist drawing me near.

“Sure. Everything is fine.” I say a little too quickly.

“That sounded convincing.” He backs away from me. I feel lost without him near me. I turn around and face AJ. Hurt is what I see in his eyes. This isn’t good.

“Alex, it’s not you. I’m just overwhelmed with my emotions at the moment.”

He leans against the wall. “I hate when you close yourself off from me.  I want to know everything you’re feeling. I don’t want you to hide things from me.” AJ states sharply.

“I’m not hiding anything from you.” My irritation with him begins to build. “Sometimes I need to sort out my feelings and thoughts, before I share them with the world. Sorry, if I just don’t blurt out the first thing that pops into my head.”

“Oh so, you’re going to make this about me. Stop avoiding the subject.” He barks.

“I’m not making it about you. You’re making something out of nothing.”

He walks over to me, grabbing my arm. “Sorry I was being concerned. On the plane you were relaxed and carefree. Now you’re uptight and bitchy. What’s with the fucking mood swings?”  

Pulling away from him, I grab my purse and head to the door. I don’t want to fight with him or say something I might regret. He watches me in shock.  I start to open the door.

“Where the fuck are you going?” AJ raises his voice at me.

“Away from you.” I say and walk out.

I’m not even sure where to go. At the moment I just want to be away from AJ. He thoroughly upset me. Apparently, he doesn’t know me as well as I thought he did. I’m not one to just lay my feelings out there. It takes me time to process before I’m able to share.

I find myself in the lobby. I don’t dare leave for the fear that I will never get back to the airport. I plop down on a couch. It’s time to sort out my thoughts. I don’t know where to begin. So many things are going through my mind. There is no time to sort my thoughts before AJ is in the lobby looking for me.

“Hanna, don’t ever walk away from me.” AJ hisses in my ear as he sits down next to me.

“Leave me alone.” I turn away from him.

“I will not leave you alone.” He raises his voice. I am embarrassed that we are fighting in the middle of a hotel lobby. I look around and notice a few patrons looking at us.

“Stop it.” I whisper. “You’re making a scene.”

AJ’s mouth moves right beside my ear. I can feel his hot breath against me. “I’ll make a bigger scene if you don’t come back upstairs with me.”

I sigh internally, knowing he has won. I close my eyes and count to ten.  “Fine. Let’s go back to our room, but I’m not talking to you.”

He takes my hand and pulls me from the couch. We walk toward the elevator neither of us speaking. Once we’re in the elevator I look over at AJ. I can’t read his expression since his eyes are covered up with sunglasses. I turn away and focus on the numbers moving up until we reach our floor. Quietly we go back to our room. AJ opens the door and lets me in. I sit down on the edge of the bed. AJ takes a seat at the desk. We sit in silence for a long time.

“Damn it, Hanna! Talk to me.” He speaks first. I pretend not to hear him. That only irritates him more. “I can’t believe you’re ignoring me. What’s your fucking problem?”

“I don’t have a problem.” I stare at the ground. If I look at AJ, I’ll break into tears. I feel so emotional.

AJ gets up and sits beside me. He drapes his arm around my shoulders. His touch is too intense for me. I push him away and move to the other side of the room. “Did I do something to upset you?” He whispers.

“No…yes…I don’t know.” I reply honestly. I’m not sure what my problem is at the moment. I was irritable and tired.

“You’re making no sense.” He sighs in frustration. It kills me that I’m hurting his feelings and I’m not even sure why.

“I know.” I start to cry. “I feel like an idiot. Maybe it’s jet lag. One minute I’m fine and then the next minute I’m acting like a crazy bitch.”

“Why don’t we cuddle? We still have a couple of hours until we need to be back at the airport.”

“No, I don’t want to cuddle.” I say loudly.

“Why? You love cuddling.”  He moves closer to me.

“Because it leads to sex, and I’m not in the mood to have sex.”

AJ doesn’t speak for a few minutes. I think my comment hurt his feelings. Sex was the furthest thing from my mind at the moment. Other things were on my mind.

“You were earlier.” He huffs.

“I only did that to make you happy. It wasn’t because I wanted to.” I raise my voice.

“I didn’t force you to give me a hand job.”

“And if I said no you would have pouted the entire flight.” I slide the balcony door open.

“You can’t end a conversation like that.” He’s hot on my heels as he follows me out.

“I can and I will. Just leave me alone.” I shout. AJ abruptly turns around, slamming the sliding door shut as he walks inside. Now I can take my time and think.