- Text Size +

Project: nkotBSB

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 9

 

Jessi

 

OK, why am I brooding in the hotel room instead of exploring Belfast? I look out the window and the view is breathtaking.  The Park Avenue Hotel was a great choice but now I can see Hanna Jo had the right idea.  So why didn’t I go with her?  Simple…I feel like ten kinds of a fool.

 

First of all, we meet Nick and AJ and what do I do?  I turn into a complete mess and I can’t get two words out straight.  Finally, I get some one on one time with Nick and I shut down every time he flirts.  THEN we meet Donnie and I either want to smack him or fuck him. I can’t decide which.  I must be the craziest bitch on the planet.

 

I text Hanna Jo to find out where she is. This sitting in the hotel room feeling sorry for myself is for the birds.  I wait and wait.  No reply.  OK, so maybe she’s on her way back?  Before I can ponder it too much, there’s a knock at the door. Great, she just forgot her key.

 

I bounce to the door, swinging it open as I say, “It’s about time you got here!”

 

Nick steps forward smiling and I want to crawl under the bed. “I didn’t know where you were or I’d have been here sooner!”

 

I force a laugh to hide my embarrassment. “Sorry, I was…umm…thought you were…Hanna Jo.”

 

He brushes past me, gazing around the room. “Nice hotel. Maybe we should stay here.” He turns. “Hanna’s with AJ.  I bugged them till she told me where to find you.”

 

I sigh.  Someday I may kill Hanna Jo. “So, she’s with AJ.  And you were looking for me?”

 

He shrugs, walking closer to me.  I fight the urge to run when he steps closer to peek in the bathroom. “Well, not intentionally. I wanted AJ to go sightseeing with me but he was with Hanna.  She mentioned you were alone and well…”

 

I sigh and step away. “So you came here?”

 

He grabs my hand. “Jessi, what is it?  You seem scared every time I get close to you. I’m not gonna hurt you, I promise.”

 

I close my eyes and pray for strength. “Nick, I swear I don’t know what’s wrong with me. I’m not normally like this.  Seriously, ask Hanna, I’m the life of the party.  But when you’re close…I get…nervous.”

 

He looks puzzled. “Nervous?  Jessi, I’m just a guy.  A normal, average guy who happens to sing.”

 

Letting the real me shine through briefly, I say, “Who’s also gorgeous, sexy and has eyes to die for.”

 

When it dawns on me what I just said, I blush. He does too.  “Jessi, I’m flattered, but look at me. I’m not all that.”

 

I stare into his eyes. “You are Nick. And it…it makes me nervous.”

 

He slides his hand up my arm. “Listen, the gorgeous, sexy person in this room is you, not me. So let’s agree we like each other, ok?” I nod and smile shyly.  “Good. Now, let’s go see the sights.  You and me. We’ll have dinner and maybe by the time we get back here I can sneak a good night kiss.”

 

My stomach flutters and I nod. “I’d like that.”

 

His flirting knows no end. “What? The sightseeing or dinner?”

 

I grab my purse and wink. “The good night kiss.”

 

He follows me into the hallway and we’re both laughing. This might turn out to be a great day after all.

 

As the afternoon wears on, I feel more at ease with Nick. He’s recognized by a few people and he introduces me as a lifelong friend. How he says it with a straight face, I’ll never know. 

 

We didn’t really do the tourist thing. We walked and talked and laughed a lot. He’s really a funny guy.  After an hour it became easy for me to forget that for years I had imagined myself in all kinds of kinky sex positions with this man and realize he really is a down-to-earth kind of guy.

 

Around 6:30 he says, “So, where do you want to eat?”

 

I laugh and say, “You’re asking me?”

 

He shrugs and throws his arm around my shoulder. “Come here.”  I let him pull me into an alley and my heart hammers in my chest.  Before I can think about it, he presses me against a wall and lowers his lips to mine. 

 

I literally feel my blood surge through my veins.  He doesn’t shove his tongue down my throat.  He barely teases my lips with it. But he holds me so close, I feel his body reacting to mine and I’m breathless.  He lifts his head.  I manage to find my voice and whisper, “Is this good night?”

 

I see his smile in the fading light. “Not by a long shot. Your laughter…I love hearing it. I just couldn’t wait.”

 

I smile timidly. “Well, I’m glad you didn’t wait, but…maybe we should go eat?”

 

OK, what the hell was that?  WHY did I just suggest we STOP kissing and eat?  What the fuck?

 

He smiles gently and reaches up to play with my hair. “It’s ok. I’m not going to ravish you till you beg me too.  But I might sneak a kiss now and then.”  When I giggle, he laughs. “So, wanna find a pub, try some real Irish stew, and maybe have a beer?”

 

I sigh deeply.  “Sounds good only wouldn’t we be drinking Irish ale?”

 

He throws his arm around me and leads me out of the alley. “Don’t think it matters, I’ll probably stick to water.  I want to keep my wits about me tonight.”

 

I can’t help but laugh, letting my arm slide around his waist.  “Me too. I wouldn’t want to do something stupid and chase you away.”

 

He kisses the top of my head since he easily stands a foot taller than me. “Jessi, we’re gonna be good friends.”

 

For the first time since I met him, I let my guard down completely and say, “I certainly hope so.”

 

His arm slides down my back and his fingers tease my ass. “Maybe more than friends,” he whispers.

Oh Holy CRAP, do I want this man?  So why am I being such a ninny?

 

 

 

Dinner was delicious.  So we didn’t go to a big, expensive restaurant where the table setting has three forks.  We ate in a loud noisy pub where the floors were dirty and the food was to die for.  After wiping my mouth, I look at Nick and say, “I think that’s the best meal I’ve ever had.”

 

He nods, tossing his napkin onto his plate. “I think you’re right. I think I could have kept eating. Although it will make working out tough tomorrow.”

 

I fight the urge to picture him sweaty and say, “Does your hotel have a good gym?”

 

He shrugs.  “I don’t know, I haven’t checked.  I’m sure someone will find a gym for me if I need it.”

 

I laugh. “For a while there, I forgot who you were.”

 

HIS smile makes me weak. “I want you to forget that part of it. I love it when you forget and the real you comes out to play.”

 

I sigh quietly. “You know Nick, I don’t think it’s because you’re famous.  That really doesn’t matter to me.”

 

He leans forward curiously. “What is it then?”

 

Before I can answer, movement behind his back catches my eye.  I look up to find Donnie. Smiling.  I grit my teeth and say, “Can we talk about this later?”

 

He turns his head just as Donnie booms, “Well, hello Jessi. Long time, no see.  Nick, man, you already hitting on my girl?”

Nick’s gaze swings back to me and I glare at Donnie frostily. “I am NOT your girl, Mr. Wahlberg!”

 

He shakes his head and sits in the empty chair he pulls up beside me.  “Now, come on Jessi, we decided on the plane to bury the hatchet and forget the past and all that.”

 

My gaze meets Nick. “Plane?” he asks.

 

I nod. “We were on the same flight from Switzerland.” Pushing my chair back, I say, “If you’ll excuse me, I’ll just go so you two can talk.”

 

Nick stands quickly. “I can talk to him anytime. I’ll walk you back.” He turns to Donnie. “See you tomorrow?”

 

Donnie nods, his eyes boring holes into my back. “Sure. Umm, see you around, Jessi?”

 

I turn to him letting the venom drip from my tongue. “Not if I can help it.”

 

As we leave the pub, Nick says, “OK, so did he do something I should know about? Should I go back in there and kick his ass?”

 

I sigh.  “No, probably not.  I should probably apologize at some point, but old habits die hard.”

 

We walk quietly for a few minutes before he asks, “Not a New Kids fan?”

 

I shrug, looking ahead. “I was a long time ago.  I’m not anymore.”

 

He probes gently.  “Because?”

 

I stop and turn to face him. “Because a long time ago I made a fool of myself in front of him and I haven’t gotten over it.”

 

From behind us, Donnie asks, genuinely puzzled, “So tell me what I did and let me say I’m sorry!”

 

Nick and I both turn and I say, “Can we please not discuss this now?”

 

Donnie bristles, “Look, I’m just trying to be friendly. One minute you talk to me, the next you freeze me out. What did I do that was so God awful bad you’ve held a grudge this long?”

 

I look up at Nick and he says, “It’s a fair question. I’d ask if it was me.” He looks around.  “Listen, we’re getting swarmed by fans.”

 

I sigh, wanting to crawl into a hole and die. “Look, I just don’t want to discuss it now. Later. Why don’t you two talk to your fans. I’m going back to my hotel.”

 

Donnie hands me a card. “Listen, just call me.  Tell me what I did that was so bad and let me say I’m sorry. I’m really not a bad guy.”

 

I turn to walk away, expecting Nick to fall in step with Donnie to say hello to the fans. Instead, he falls in step beside me and puts his arm around my waist.  Neither of us says anything.  But secretly, I’m thrilled he’s walking me back.

 

When we get to the hotel, he stops me and says, “Today was really fun.”

 

I nod and smile. “I enjoyed it.”  After a brief, pause, I whisper, “I’m glad you showed up instead of Hanna Jo.”

 

His smile is captivating. “Me too Jessi. Only…” He takes a deep breath. “What happened with Donnie?”

I close my eyes. “Nothing. And that was the problem.” Opening them and staring up into his eyes, I continue. “I was 18 and thought he wanted me as much as I did him. I found I was wrong and I got pissed off and never got over it.”

 

He brushes my hair back. “How could he NOT want you? He wants you now.”

 

I sigh. “Well, he’s not getting me now. I’m not an 18 year old virgin anymore with dreams of stardust.”

 

He leans closer. “Tell me your dreams, Jessi. Do they involve me?”

 

I forget how to breathe. “I’d rather show you…soon. But…not tonight, ok?”

 

He kisses me gently, drawing my breath from my body. Pulling back, he whispers, “When can I see you again?”

 

I smile secretly.  “Oh I think you’ll see me sooner than you think.” I blush when he smirks. “Thanks for today Nick. It was a lot of fun.”

 

He hand finds its way up under my shirt and his fingertips tickle the skin on my back as he says, “Thanks for not kicking me out of your room.”  After another gentle kiss, he whispers, “Sweet dreams, Jessi.”

 

With my hands gripping his forearms, I whisper, “You too. Good night.”

 

One last, deeper kiss and he raises his head. “G’night Sexy Lady. I’ll talk to YOU tomorrow!”

 

I go upstairs in a daze. When I open the door to our room, Hanna Jo pounces on me. “Where have you been? I’ve been worried sick!”

 

I smile dreamily and fall over on my bed. “I’ve been to Heaven, Ho Jo. And I’ve seen the light!”

 

She squeals in glee and falls on the bed beside me. Time for a long girl talk.  And maybe a glass or two of wine.

 

           

Chapter End Notes:
Hope you are enjoying the adventure!!! Let's us know what you think.