- Text Size +

Project: nkotBSB

By Dottie

Copyright 2014

 

Chapter 98

 

Hanna Jo

 

“Good morning.” AJ yawns as he walked in the living room of our suite. “You’re up early.”

 

“I couldn’t sleep.” I smile as AJ sits down next to me on the couch. I set my IPad on the table and give him my full attention.

 

“You didn’t get much sleep last night. I’m sure you’re exhausted.” He takes my hand in his.

 

 “It was worth it.” I snuggle up against him. “So, what’s the plan for today?”

 

“First we’re going to have a huge breakfast. Then we’re going to plan a wedding. Tonight I think Nick and I are going to take our beautiful fiancées out to dinner.”  He replies casually.

 

I jump up from the couch. “Did you say plan a wedding?” I ask incredulously. I’m not sure my ears heard correctly.

 

“I did.” AJ gives me a huge grin. “We’re getting married this weekend.”

 

My eyes grow big as I stare at my fiancé. I cannot believe he wants us to get married this weekend. Am I ready for this? I can feel my body start to shake. AJ is by my side in an instant. “Umm…oh…umm.” My voice falters.

 

“Baby, are you ok?” AJ takes my hands in his, but he can’t stop them from shaking.

 

I stare at our hands for a long time. Inside my head I count until I stop trembling. I reach 100 and I finally look at AJ. His eyes are full of tenderness, and I realize that everything I’ve been searching for is right in front of me. I’m not lost anymore. Finally, I’m home.

 

“Alex, I didn’t mean to scare you.” I give him a shy smile. “It’s just I didn’t think you wanted to get married so soon. Figured you would want a long engagement until after the baby was born.”

 

“Han, sweetheart, I love you more than I thought I would love another person. For the first time my life is exactly where I want it. I don’t want to live a day without you in my life.”

 

We move to the couch. AJ wraps his arm around me. I sigh, feeling content. No words are spoken between us. My mind is reeling. There is so much to think about when it comes to getting married. Thankfully AJ is giving me time to digest everything.  I really want to talk to Jessi, but who knows what I would be interrupting.

 

“Alex, do you think we’re moving too fast?” I whisper.

 

AJ kisses my temple. “I think we are moving at a speed that is perfect for us. I was attracted to you the moment I saw you in the airport. After that flight to Switzerland, I was thoroughly hooked on you.”

 

“I wanna marry you this weekend.” I say confidently. In my heart it feels right.

 

“You know, I’ll do anything to make you happy. Is there anyone you want at our wedding?”

 

I snuggle in closer to him. “Jessi and Nick.”

 

“What about your family?” AJ asks carefully. I don’t know how to respond to his question. My family is complicated. “If you want them here, I’ll fly them all in. I want our wedding to be perfect for you.”

 

My heart swells with love, knowing that AJ will do anything to make me happy. He’s willing to deal with my family and that means a lot to me. Besides Jessi, AJ is the only one who has an understanding of what my family is like.

 

I reach up and give him a kiss. “Thank you AJ. The fact that you would invite my family means the world to me. I know they’re my family, but I don’t want them at our wedding. Is that cruel of me?”

 

“Sweetheart, look at me.” I look into his eyes. “You don’t have an unkind bone in your body.  I only know what you’ve told me about your parents, but it kills me how they treat you. I want to spend the rest of my life showing you real love.”

 

I feel the tears build up in the corner of my eyes. “Alex, can we invite your mom to the wedding? I want to meet the wonderful woman who taught you about unconditional love.”

 

“Of course. I can’t wait for the two of you to meet. She’s going to love you.” He grins at me. “I’ve told her a lot about you. She thinks you’re beautiful.”

 

“Did you send her my pic?” I giggle with excitement. I’m looking forward to meeting AJ’s mom.

 

“Who are you sending Ho Jo’s picture to?” Jessi comments while walking into the living room with Nick.

 

“His mom.” I smile at my best friend. Her face matches mine. It’s nice to see both of us so happy. “We’re getting married this weekend.”

 

“Funny you should say that Ho Jo, so are we.” Nick says with a smirk on his face. Jessi and Nick make themselves comfortable on the loveseat. “What do you say to a double wedding?”

 

“OH MY GOD!!! That’s a perfect idea.” I jump up and run over to Nick. I give him a huge hug. Then I turn around and give my fiancé a questioning stare.  “Alex?”

 

“Hell yeah! It’s perfect.”

 

I grab a notepad and pen from the coffee table. I making a list of things we have to do. We have to find a location for the wedding and reception. Jessi and I need dresses. Nick and AJ need fitted for tuxes. We have to invite guests. I continue jotting notes. Once I realize how quiet it is, I place the notepad down.

 

“Done planning there, Ho Jo?” Jessi smirks.

 

“We have so much to do in such a little time. Just don’t sit there. Go get ready.” I get up and head toward the bedroom.

 

“I think someone is a little excited.” Nick laughs lightheartedly.

 

“When given a project, Ho Jo is your go-to girl. She’ll be focused on making sure everything goes seamless.” Jessi removes herself from Nick’s lap. “I suggest you all get ready.”

 

“I think you may have a bridezilla on your hands.” Nick starts to giggle as he follows Jessi’s orders. 

 

AJ looks unsurely at his friends. In turn, Jessi smacks Nick in the chest. “Just stop. Hanna Jo is no bridezilla. She’s super organized. No both of you get ready. We have a busy day ahead of us, and Ho Jo is right.”