- Text Size +
"Excuse me? I need help!" Natalie screamed as she ran into the crowd pushing past people and running towards the ambulances that sat parked. She ran into an EMT "Please, please help me my friend's been shot and he's been bleeding for a while now and he keeps going in and out of consciousness..." she rambled on.

"Calm down, calm down...what is your friend's name?"

"Bradley Littrell, my boyfriend and I have been taking care of him ever since he was shot...you need to get in there!" she said to them.

"Okay okay, stay here, let them take care of you, are you hurt?"

"No! I'm fine you just need to help Bradley okay hurry!" she cried.

"Don't worry your friend's going to be just fine, where is he?" he asked.

"I'll take you to him" Natalie said to him.

"Let's go!" he said to his crew.

Adam then hastily ripped off his shirt putting it over Harry’s wound and pressing down, Harry screamed out in anguish, Kyle fell to his side.

“Give me your shirt” Adam said, Kyle quickly pulled it over his head.

“Where was he hit?” Kyle asked.

“I don’t know, I can’t tell, it’s either his chest or his stomach” Adam said "Harry! Harry wake up!" Adam yelled as Harry’s eyes closed.

“Harry come on wake up” Kyle said.

"He's bleeding way too much, you need to go get help!". Kyle looked over at Damien lying lifeless on the floor
"Don’t worry about him, he’s out cold! Go! Now!” Adam said, Kyle quickly got to his feet and ran from the room.

"Neilson!" Natalie said appearing at the window once more.

"What happened I thought you were going to get the paramedics?" he asked.

"I did!" she said crawling back through, the medical team carefully crawling through behind her.

"Right here" he said as they moved in.

"How long has he been bleeding?" they asked.

"I don't know like an hour or something?" Neilson said to them.

"He's been going in and out of consciousness the whole time" Natalie said to them.

They pulled Bradley from the floor and placed him on the gurney "Where was he hit?" they asked.

"Left shoulder" Neilson said as they cut his shirt open.

"We have a GSW, possible internal injuries, Caucasian male, seventeen years of age, name Bradley Littrell, transporting him to Hilridge General" they said on their radio.

"Can we ride with him?" Neilson asked.

"Are your family?" they asked.

"I am" Neilson said to him.

"We can only allow one person" he said.

"Alright, let's be careful here" the paramedic said as they lifted Bradley up through the window, they then carried him to the waiting ambulance.

"Watch your head" they said helping Natalie and Neilson through the window as well.

"Go" Natalie said to him "I'll meet you at the hospital" she said as they quickly kissed.

Kyle flew the school’s front entrance, looking around at the crowds.

“Help! Someone! I need help!” he yelled.

"Kel" AJ said nodding his head, she turned to see Kyle wandering aimlessly.

"Someone help! I need help!" he yelled.

"Kyle! Kyle! Honey!" Kellie yelled, he spotted her and ran towards her.

"Mom" he said engulfing her in a hug.

"Oh baby" she said cradling his head "Oh my god, are you okay? Are you sure?" she asked.

"Harry was shot" he said to her.

Neilson sat in the back of the ambulance, Bradley's eyes fluttered open and he looked around. "Hey" Neilson said putting a reassuring hand on his wrist "Hey I'm right here okay? We're on our way to the hospital you're going to be fine" Neilson said softly.

Bradley's eyes then closed once more "He's going to be okay right?" Neilson asked the paramedic.

"We won't know until we get him to the hospital" he said.

"Here, right here" Kyle said leading another medical team to the classroom I'm going to need you to step back” one of the EMT's said to Adam.

“He's going to be okay right?” Adam asked.

“We'll take good care of him” they said as Adam stepped back, blood still staining his hands.

“Where was he hit?” the paramedic asked.

“I don’t know, his chest or his stomach, there was too much blood to tell” Adam said.

“He’s been bleeding for a few minutes now, he just lost consciousness” Kyle said to him.

"Kyle Richardson and Adam McLean?" Captain Swan asked coming into the room, holstering his gun.

"Yeah, that's us" Kyle said to him.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

"We're fine, Harry was the only one who was shot" Adam said to him they watched as they wheeled Harry from the room on the stretcher.


~*~



Whispers began to run through the hospital, Vicki still paced around the waiting area, her phone in her hand. The elevator doors opened, a man in a white coat emerged and approached Vicki.

"Dr. McAdams" he said to her.

"I know Jerry, I know I have patients I'm sorry but I have a bit of a family emergency here" she said to him.

"I know" he said "One of our ambulances was waiting outside your son's school in case of casualties, they're on their way here now."

"Okay well you're going to need to find someone else to consult, I'm having a maternal meltdown right now" she said.

"Vicki...I'm sorry to have to tell you this..." he said putting his hand on her shoulder.

"What's going on?" Brian asked coming to her side.

"Mr. Littrell I'm afraid I have some bad news...your son has been shot" he said, they looked at him fearfully, turning to share looks of worry.

"We've looked everywhere, can't find him anywhere" Howie said as he and Christina met up with AJ and Kellie, Kellie looked at Christina sadly.

"Kel, what's wrong?" Christina asked "Have you heard something?" she asked.

"Chris...there's not easy way to tell you this" she said to her "Harry's been shot"

"Wh... what? What are you talking about?" she asked "No...no, Kel...Harry's fine, I just talked to him he was fine..."

"Kyle came out to find the paramedics" AJ said to Howie "Kel got his attention and he told us that Harry was shot" Howie’s face went blank as he looked around bewildered "Now we don't know how serious it is or what exactly happened" AJ said, seeing the paramedics wheeling out a gurney, holding up an IV bag.

Christina ran towards them "Harry, Harry honey" she said looking down at him "Are you okay?"

"Please we need everyone to stay back" they said holding them back.

"It's okay we're his parents" Howie said to him.

"What happened? Where was he hit?" Christina asked.

"Your son surprised the gunman, he was hit in the lower chest area, we got to get him to the hospital asap, I can allow one of you to ride along" he said as they loaded Harry into the back.

They looked at each other "You go...I'll meet you there okay? Don't worry everything's going to be okay" Howie said as Christina climbed into the back of the ambulance.

“Apparently one of our paramedics were accosted by a young girl, she said she was a friend of your son’s” Jerry said to Brian & Vicki.

“Natalie” Vicki said.

"She lead them to a broken window of one of the school bathrooms" he said.

"He was in the bathroom the whole time?" Vicki asked, Brian put his hands on her shoulders, his head falling against hers.

"They were able to get Bradley out and he's on his way here now" Jerry said.

“Do you know where was he hit or how bad it is?” Brian asked.

“I’m not sure, I DO know there's a boy riding with him in the ambulance" Jerry said.

"Neilson" Brian said.

"At least he's not alone" Vicki said to him.

"I'm very sorry Vicki...the ambulance is on it’s way I’m sure he’ll be here in no time” Jerry said.

"I'm going down to the emergency room" Vicki said.

"I'm coming with you" Brian said following her.


~*~



"Damien Winchester, you are under arrest, you have the right to remain silent..." they said reading him his rights, staring down Kyle as the police pulled his arms around to his back.

"I guess you win again" he said as the police took Damien from the room.

"Miss Mitchell, Mr. McLean, your boys are just fine" Captain Swan said to them "I'm going to need to ask them some questions but after that you can take them home."

"Thank you" AJ said to him.

"Yes thank you" Kellie said to him.

Kellie's phone began to light up in her hand "Hey, where are you?" she asked.

"I'm on the plane, I'll be there in an hour" Kevin said to her "Is Kyle okay?" he asked frantically.

"Yes, Kyle's fine, he's talking to the police".

"So what happened? How did this all start?" he asked.

"It's a long story, I'll explain it to you as soon as you get here" she said to him.