- Text Size +
June 1990

A cool summer breeze blew through Vicki’s backyard, string lights hung across the roof of the porch, the porch light adding a dull glow to the dark night. A radio sat playing music, Brian and Vicki were caught up in a sensual make out session on the outside swing. They kissed softly and sweetly, their lips melting into each other, Vicki’s legs were resting on his lap. He ran his hands up and down her smooth legs, pressing his fingers lightly into her thigh.

“Should we take this inside?” he asked as he nuzzled his face into the crook of her neck before he began to suck and kiss her neck softly.

She groaned “I wish we could, but my mom’s going to be home in a couple minutes” she said as she closed her eyes “You are really not helping by doing that” she said giggling.

“I can’t help it” he said “I can’t seem to get enough of you” he said as they kissed once again.

“Mm I know the feeling” she said “But you know what? We have all summer” she said kissing him.

“Mm I do like the sound of that” he said pulling her into a deep kiss.“You know I think this is going be the best summer ever” he said.

She laughed “Yeah it’s going to be so different from last year” she said. “I can’t believe it’s been almost a year since I’ve been here.”

“So tell me the truth when you found you that you were moving here, how did you feel?” he asked sitting back on the swing, pushing his feet on the ground to swing them.

“Are you kidding? I was sad you know I was leaving my home and my friends and then after that passed I was mostly angry, especially at my mom”. “She kept telling me everything was going to work out just fine, she told me to think of this move as an adventure, at that time I was so mad at her I couldn't care less about what she said" Vicki said "Turns out she was right.”

“Wasn't what you were expecting huh?” he asked.

“No, but I wouldn't change it for the world” she said wrapping her arms around his neck, they kissed.

“You know the first moment I saw you, you were checking out the house I guess to see it was up to your standards or something" he said, she laughed. "You were so beautiful" he said "And then I saw you trip and fall."

"Oh that's great" she said.

"I helped you up and you fell on me" he said.

"I did not fall on you!" she said laughing.

"The sun was reflecting in your eyes and they just sparkled "First time I ever held you in my arms...and it felt right, you stole my heart” he said “And for some god unknown reason you agreed to be my girlfriend” he said, she laughed.

“You're such a charmer” she said as they kissed.

“You know I’m pretty hungry, want to head down to the diner and grab a burger or something?” he asked.

“That sounds great I’m starving” she said.

~*~


As they entered the diner, the lights came up, all their friends jumping up as they screamed surprise.

“Oh my god” Vicki said “What is this?” she asked.

“It’s for you!” Emily said.

“Wha…my birthday was like almost 2 months ago” Vicki said.

“We know it’s your anniversary party” Jason said.

“You moved here almost a year ago remember?” Emily asked.

“Yeah I just…I can’t believe you guys did this” Vicki said.

“Don’t thanks us” Jason said pointing behind her.

“You did this?” Vicki asked Brian.

“Well I had some help” he said “Happy anniversary” he said kissing her forehead.

“Alright! Let’s get this party started!” Jason yelled

“Yeah!” everyone said in agreement as music began to play.

She turned to face him, smiling at him as she moved closer, he pulled her into him and she wrapped her arms around his neck. "Thank you for making my first year here unforgettable" she said.

“Best year I've ever had” he said as they kissed “And you know your mom was right, this is an adventure…and it’s only beginning” he said as they kissed once more.

Hey baby
You gotta remember
I'm forever your girl
Baby forever...and ever and ever
You know I am
Chapter End Notes:
Lyrics: Forever Your Girl- Paula Abdul