- Text Size +
All I wanna do is make love to you
Say you will
You want me too
All I wanna do is make love to you
I've got lovin' arms to hold on to


May 1990

An early summer breeze blew through the classroom window, a teacher went on and on, Vicki was lost in thought looked across the room where Brian sat bored in his desk, tapping his pen against his notebook. He looked up to see Vicki staring at him, he smiled warmly at her, she smiled back at him, he waved slightly at her as the teacher had their back turned. She returned the wave and turned her attention back on her notebook. She became lost in thought as she remembered the night before.

A low steady sensual beat filled Brian's basement, the lights were turned down low. They were locked in a hot and heavy make out session, she pulled at the buttons on his shirt and pulled it off of him, he slowly leaned Vicki backwards, lying her down on the futon, pressing himself into her. He ran his hands up her sides, gently squeezing her breast, she pulled him down further on to her, pressing himself into her even more.

The bell then rang, snapping everyone back to reality, everyone rushed from the classroom.

"Vicki?" Brian said getting her attention as he approached her desk.

"Huh?" she asked, the memory came to a halt and she came out of her daydream "Oh" she asked looking around.

"You okay?" he asked as she gathered her books.

"Guess I'm a little distracted today" she said he took her hand as they left the classroom.

"So what's got you spacing out?" he asked as they walked through the hall, coming to a stop at her locker.

"I keep thinking about last night" Vicki said opening her locker.

"Mm really" he said smiling and pulling her close to him. He pushed her hair behind her ears, pulling her face towards him when the bell rang once again "I got to go, I'll see you at lunch?" he asked.

"Yep" she said.

"Okay."

"Bye."

"Bye" he said kissing her cheek as they parted and he left her side, she watched him walk away.

~*~


Vicki tapped her pen against her notebook, sitting in the school library, Emily finally came in, writing her name down on a clipboard.

"Hey" she said setting her bag down at the table Vicki sat at "I know, I'm late, but I had this major make up emergency" Emily said.

"Mm" Vicki said, still staring into the distance.

"Vicki" Emily said getting her attention.

"What?" she asked.

"What is with you today?" Emily asked.

"Em, can I talk to you? about something personal?"

"Of course" Emily said to her.

"Come here" Vicki said as they walked to the back of the library behind the rows of books.

"What's wrong?" Emily asked.

"Okay uh...have you and Jason..." Vicki said to her.

"Have me and Jason...?" Emily asked.

"Have you and Jason ever...?" she said as they exchanged looks.

"What?" Emily asked "Oh...oh! oooooh" Emily said as she finally began to understand Vicki's question "I get it" Emily said.

"What?" Vicki asked.

"You're asking about sex" Emily said smiling widely.

"Shh!" Vicki said.

"Sorry, did you guys?"

"No...not yet."

"Well to answer your first question, yes, we have."

"And?" Vicki asked.

"You know they tell you your first time is going to be all fireworks and explosions and romantic."

"It's not?" Vicki asked.

"Well...it was alright" Emily said.

"That's it?"

"Come on this is Jason we're talking about here" Emily said as they laughed."Well I mean at first it was a bit awkward but then...it was okay after that."

"Well has it gotten any better?" Vicki asked.

"Eh, it's a little bit better I guess" Emily said to her "Look everyone thinks their first time is going to be something special, but if you ask me the second and third times are way better, at least that's how it was for me...so what brought all this on?" Emily asked.

"Last night..."

"Whoa, what happened last night?"

"Nothing...although..." Vicki said to her.

"Although what?" Emily asked.

"We were having this incredible, amazing, intense make out session" Vicki said to her.

"Ooh" Emily said "Well...are you ready?" she asked.

Vicki shrugged "I don't know, I'm so confused" she said.

"Well it's okay to be confused you don't have to do it right away, when you're ready you'll know."

"That's just it, how do I know if I'm ready or not?"

"You'll know in your heart when you are" Emily said to her.

"Kinda nervous about it" Vicki said.

"It's okay to be nervous" Emily said.

"I have so many questions."

"Such as?" Emily asked.

"Does it hurt?" Vicki asked her.

"A little at first but that's normal" Emily said to her "Have you talked to Bri at all about any of this?"

"No" Vicki said to her.

"Why not?" Emily asked.

"I don't know…it would be so awkward” Vicki said.

“Doing it is fine but talking about it is awkward?” Emily asked.

Vicki lightly slapped her arm “No you know what I mean I just…I don’t want him to think that I’m…” she said.

“…A tease?” Emily asked.

“…Yeah” Vicki said.

“Vicki come on, you know how much he loves you” Emily said “Plus I’ve known him for…forever, he’s not that type of guy, believe me” Emily said.

"He's still a guy" Vicki said to her.

"So?" Emily asked "Too bad, and if he can't get that you're not ready...he can just go do it to himself" Emily said.

"Eww" Vicki said.

"I caught Jason doing that one time."

"What?!" Vicki asked as they laughed "Oh my god, and?"

"You don't want to know" Emily said.

"Plus...I feel really weird about the thought that he'll see me naked."

"Why? You are gorgeous, plus I’m not the only one who thinks so, your boyfriend on many occasion has mentioned how beautiful and sexy he thinks you are” Emily said to her.

“Really? He thinks I’m sexy?” Vicki asked, Emily nodded

"So maybe next time you guys are locked in one of your hot and heavy make out sessions...you can maybe take that next leap."

"Hey what happened to these bases I kept hearing so much about in middle school?" Vicki asked. "Shouldn't I cover those first before sliding into home plate?" she asked as they laughed.

"So old school" Emily said.

"Thanks Em."

"Course, anytime" Emily said as they hugged.

~*~


That afternoon, books lied strewn all over the kitchen table, notebooks sat open.

"Alright, you move this over here" she said as she sat on Brian's lap. She leaned over the notebook "Mmhmm" Brian said, too distracted by her cleavage to concentrate.

She looked to see him staring at her chest "Are you enjoying yourself?" she asked.

"What?" he asked. She laughed and got up "I'm sorry okay, they're just there" he said to her.

"Hey, I have a question" she said going to the refrigerator "Last night...where was that headed exactly?" she asked.

"What do you mean?" he asked she sat down and handed him a can of soda.

"It was pretty hot..."

"Yeah it was" he said.

"But if your brother hadn't come down...what would've happened?" she asked.

"Oh uh...I don't know...did you want something to happen?" he asked popping the can of soda open.

"Did you?" she asked.

"Come here" he said pulling her closer, she sat on his lap "I promise you, I'm not going to make you do anything you're not ready for or anything you're uncomfortable with, and when you think you are ready, just tell me, I'll be here" he said.

"But um...I think I am ready."

"Really?"

"I don't know, one part of me is, one part of me isn't."

"But you're not a hundred percent?" he asked.

"No" she said.

"That's okay, like I said, I'm not going anywhere" he said as they smiled at each other.

"I love you" she said.

"I love you too" he said as they kissed.

~*~


"Wait a minute..." Jason said to him "She openly admitted to thinking about you guys doing it and you come out with that?" he asked in disbelief.

"She's not ready yet J."

"Okay I totally do not get it when girls say that, what do you need to be ready for? Oh and also what needs to be special about it? They want candles and music and rose petals...I don't get it" Jason said to him.

"J...I am not going to force her into doing something she doesn't want to do."

"Do you want to?"

"Well yeah but..."

"But nothing! This is about you too you know!" Jason said to him.

"I don't want her to be scared" Brian said to him.

"What's to be scared about?! It's just sex! You're in you're out case closed" Jason said to him.

"You're a creep you know that?" Brian said to him.

"Never said I wasn't."

"I really need to start talking to other people about these things" Brian said.

"Please do" Jason said to him "Well just incase..." Jason said pulling his wallet out "Take these" he said handing Brian little square packages.

"You just carry these around with you everywhere?" Brian asked shocked.

"Always got to be prepared" he said "Oh yeah, you know how to do it right?"

"What?"

"Let me give you a few tips..."

"No! No...really that's okay...thank you though...I think" Brian said.

~*~


"So, did you talk to him?" Emily asked as they stood in front of the mirrors in the girls' bathroom at school.

"Yeah, he was actually pretty cool about it, he said he'd wait until I was ready" Vicki said to her.

"Wow, he really is perfect" Emily said putting on a layer of lip gloss.

"Well well" a voice said as Lisa stepped out of one the stalls, Emily and Vicki groaned "What's this I hear? Little princess Vicki wants to lose her virginity" she asked tauntingly.

"Unlike you she still has something to lose" Emily said to her.

"Lisa why is it that at every pivotal moment in my relationship you have been there to somehow make it worst?" Vicki asked.

"Pivotal? Try using a word she knows" Emily said to her.

"Aww, what's wrong? someone scared?" Lisa asked.

"Okay, Lisa, here's the thing, it's probably a foreign concept to you but Vicki isn't willing to give herself away to anyone who looks at her like you" Emily said to her.

"Em" Vicki said to her.

"Give it up already would you? Move on to the one of many suitors you have following you around like a puppy dog" Emily said to her.

"Just so you know sex isn't as big as everyone makes it out to be, it's actually pretty boring."

"Only if you do it all the time" Emily said to her.

"In her own annoying way, Emily's right, I do have some experience in this area" Lisa said to her. "It's not that bad, you just got to remember to relax and stay in the moment" Lisa said, Vicki stared at her in disbelief.

"If I didn't know any better I'd say you were actually trying to be nice" Vicki said to her.

"Look, if he is obsessed with you as I think he is, he won't do anything to hurt you, if you feel even a second of discomfort, he'll probably stop and spend all night cuddling with you."

"Is this some kind of false sense of security thing? I confide in you and it's all over school by sixth period?" Vicki asked.

"The girl asks a good question" Emily said.

"Trust me, that was my original intent, but no...unfortunately I'm being sincere."

"Wow...well...thank you."

"I guess...but just this once."

"That's totally fine with me" Vicki said to her.

"This conversation never happened" Lisa said.

"What conversation?" Vicki asked.

"You are such a geek" Lisa said leaving the girl's room.

"Wow...Lisa Jones...being nice...isn't that one of the signs of the apocalypse?" Emily asked, Vicki laughed. "Hey, isn't your mom going out of town this weekend?" Emily asked.

"Yeah so?"

"So? There you go, it's the perfect opportunity" Emily said to her.

"Can't say I hadn't thought about it" Vicki said to her.

"Here take these" Emily said digging into her bag, handing Vicki a small box.

"Emily!" Vicki said looking around "You just carry these things around with you?" she asked.

"Well yeah, you have to be prepared."

"At school?" Vicki asked.

"Especially at school, you really think people are just making out under the bleachers during lunch?" Emily asked.

"Seriously?" Vicki asked.

"Oh yeah, big time, it's like a brothel down there" Emily said to her.

~*~


Lizzie knocked on Vicki's bedroom door "Hey mom" she said.

"Hi, I just wanted to give you all my information, the flight number, where I'll be staying, stuff like that" Lizzie said handing Vicki a sheet of paper. "Now you're sure you'll be okay here by yourself this weekend?"

"Yes mom, I'll be fine" Vicki said to her.

"And if you want to have Emily over to stay with you one night, that's fine just as long as it's okay with her mom."

"Okay, thanks" Vicki said to her, her fingers reaching into her mouth, she began to bite her nails.

"You okay?" Lizzie asked.

"Yeah, why?" she asked.

"You're biting your nails" Lizzie said.

"So?" Vicki asked.

"So, you only bite your nails when there's something wrong" Lizzie said.

"No, I'm okay, just something personal that's all" Vicki said.

"Too personal to tell your mother?" Lizzie asked.

"Kind of" Vicki said to her.

"Vicki...I always said you could talk to me about anything" Lizzie said to her.

Vicki sighed "Okay, but before I tell you anything, promise me you won't freak out."

"That depends on what you're about to tell me" Lizzie said.

"Okay uh...how old were you when you...were first...with a boy?" Vicki asked.

"With a boy?" Lizzie asked.

"Yeah you know...sexually" Vicki said bashfully.

"You didn't..."

"No...not yet."

"Yet?" Lizzie asked.

"Mom" Vicki said.

"Right, sorry" Lizzie said "Well...I guess I was about your age...fifteen, sixteen" Lizzie said.

"How did you know you were ready?" Vicki asked, Lizzie smiled warmly.

"Well, Tommy was my first love" Lizzie said "We knew that we loved each other and our attraction was...wow" Lizzie said "I just knew, he was my heart, I couldn't imagine being with anyone else but him" Lizzie said.

"Were you nervous?" Vicki asked.

"No...Tommy was so gentle and caring, he made me feel safe and secure and loved."

"You were lucky."

"He's not pressuring you is he?" Lizzie asked.

"No, of course not, he's not like that...we did talk about it and he said that when I was ready he would be waiting" she said.

"Well that's sweet" Lizzie said "Remember honey, sex is only good when your heart is in it, if you're not in love it's not worth it, and if your hormones are playing tricks on you, just remember love is the only thing that makes sex worth having" Lizzie said.

"Thanks mom" Vicki said to her.

"I knew this day would come...I was just hoping I'd be dead when it did" Lizzie said, Vicki laughed "Oh and please, please be safe" Lizzie said to her.

"No, I know, thanks mom" Vicki said as they hugged.

"Maybe I shouldn't leave you alone here this weekend" Lizzie said to her.

"Mom, please, it's only 3 days" Vicki said to her.

"A lot can happen in three days" Lizzie said to her.

"Mom...nothing is going to happen...trust me" Vicki said.

"I do trust you...it's the boy however I do not" Lizzie said.

"Go pack" Vicki said as they laughed.

~*~


A soft glow set a romantic mood to Vicki's room, candles adorned every surface, Brian lied on her bed, the candles flickering around him.

The bathroom door opened and Vicki stepped out "Well?" she asked standing there in a black satin nightgown.

"Wow" he said sitting up. He held his hand out, she took it and he pulled her towards him Vicki lied on her bed, he leaned over her, their lips barely touching, heavy breath lingering between them. "You sure about this?" he asked, she nodded.

"I'm sure" she said as they kissed deeply.

Vicki opened her eyes, startled by her alarm blaring, she groaned and reached over to her nightstand, slapping the clock and making it stop.

~*~


Vicki’s pen tapped furiously against her notebook as she sat in the library, a pensive look on her face as her head rested in her palm. Emily reached over and put her hand on the pen “Vic” she said.

“Huh? What?” Vicki asked.

“Are you okay?” Emily asked.

“Ugh! I don’t know!” she said covering her face with her hands.

“Oh…the sex stuff again?” Emily asked.

"I had this dream last night and I thought it was a sign or something..." Vicki asked.

"Whoa, dream?" Emily asked "What dream?"

Vicki sighed "It was nothing..."

"No no come on, what was it?" Emily said to her.

"There were candles everywhere..." Vicki said.

"Very nice, what else?"

"I had on this black nightgown, he lies me down on the bed, he asks me if I'm ready..."

"Wow" Emily said "Then what happened?" she asked.

"I woke up" Vicki said.

"Ugh, I hate when that happens" Emily groaned "So? What are you going to do?" she asked.

"I don't know!" Vicki whined "Em...I need help, I am shaking, I'm scared, I'm nervous and I feel like I'm going to be sick" Vicki said.

"Sounds like my first time" Emily said to her.

"My head is telling me that this is wrong, that I am not ready for this and I'm too young". "My heart is telling me to go for it because I love him so much and that's all that matters."

"Okay...go with that" Emily said.

"Em."

"Vicki I can't tell you what to do, I'm sorry but this decision has to come from you" Emily said.

~*~



"Hey beautiful" he said approaching her locker.

“Hey” she said.

“You okay?” he asked.

“Yeah…didn’t get a lot of sleep last night” she said "speaking of which Where were you last night, I was waiting for the tapping at my window" she said.

He groaned "My parents..." he said.

"Think you might be able to sneak out tonight?" she asked playing with his shirt buttons.

"Ooh what's happening tonight?" he asked.

"Well my mom's going out of town for the weekend..." she said.

"Really" he said.

"Yeah, so?" she asked.

"I'll be there" he said.

"Okay, I'll see you at lunch" she said as they kissed.

"Hey Romeo" Jason said to him "You and Vicki doing anything tonight? Em and I were thinking of catching a movie or something."

"Actually Vicki just asked me to come over tonight...seems her mom's out of town."

"Really" Jason said interested "Think tonight you'll finally seal the deal...if you get what I'm saying?" Jason asked.

"I always get what you're saying" Brian said "I already told you, until Vicki says it's okay, nothing's going to happen" he said.

"Wait a minute, her mom's going out of town, she just asked you to come over what do you think's going to happen?" Jason asked.

"Well...to tell you the truth? I think tonight's the night" he said to Jason.

"Really?" Jason asked.

"I guess we'll see what happens" he said as the bell rang.

Vicki made her way into a classroom and took her seat next to Emily “I asked him to come over tonight” she said.

"Is your mom gone?" Emily asked.

"Yeah she left this morning" Vicki said.

"Ooh okay...well?" Emily asked as Vicki bit her lip nervously before shrugging.

~*~


The doorbell at Vicki's house rang, she opened the door and saw Brian leaning against the door frame "Hey" she said.

"Hi" he said coming in, she shut the door behind him “Stopped by the video store” he said holding a stack of video tapes “wasn’t sure what you felt like doing” he said.

“I think we can find something” she said pulling him close and kissing him deeply.

Their mouths became locked together in a frenzy as they shared heated kisses, he ran his fingers through her long dark hair.she lied down on the couch, he leaned over her, she pulled him down on top of her she ran her hands across his chest, grabbing at him.

"You okay?" he asked, pushing her hair away from her face.

"Yeah I'm fine" she said they began to kiss once more. his hands roamed her body, squeezing her gently, an overwhelming sense of fear and panic began to creep up into her. "Wait, wait" she said "Stop" she said sitting up and pushing him off of her.

"What's wrong?" he asked concerned, she looked at him sadly.

"I can't...I can't do this, I'm sorry" she said running upstairs.

She sat at the edge of her bed, a tissue balled up in her hand, she wiped tears from her face. He stood outside of her room before going inside and taking a seat next to her, he pulled her close to him and held her, softly planting a kiss on her head.

"Don't cry okay? Everything's fine" he said.

"I'm sorry" she said.

"You don't need to be sorry" he said.

"If you want to leave I totally understand" she said.

"No I'll stick around for a while...you okay?" he asked.

"Yeah I'll be alright, I was so sure I was ready" she said sniffling, wiping the tears from her face.

"But you're not" he said.

"Not yet" she said shaking her head "God this is so frustrating" she said.

"It's okay" he said.

"How can you possibly be okay with this?" she asked.

"Because I love you" he said "I don't want you to be scared, I would never want to do anything to hurt you

"Em was right you are perfect" she said.

"I wouldn't say that...but you know if you want to who am I to object?" he said as she laughed.

"You okay?" he asked.

"Yeah I think I'm alright now" she said "Thank you for being so sweet and so understanding about all this" she said.

He pulled her into him and kissed her softly "Well...I've waited this long it won't kill me to wait some more...at least I think so" he said.

She swatted him playfully and they laughed, he pulled her close to him and they kissed "Besides, you're worth the wait" he said.

She looked up into his eyes "I love you" she said.

"I love you too" he said softly, pushing her hair behind her ears as they kissed once more. "You feel like going for a walk?" he asked.

~*~


The next afternoon Vicki set two plates down in front of an elderly couple before returning to the counter.

Brian came in, snaking his arms around her waist "Hello" he said into her ear.

"Ooh careful, my boyfriend could come in here any minute" she said.

"Well he is a very lucky guy" he said "And incredibly good looking" he said as she turned around.

"Hi" she said sweetly.

"Hi" he said as they kissed.

"How's your day going?" he asked.

"Slow right now" she said "What's up?" she asked.

"Just wanted to come see you, see how you were after last night."

"Yeah can we just...pretend that never happened?" she asked laughing.

"Deal" he said "Plus I wanted to come and let you know that I was hanging with the guys tonight" he said.

"Oh okay."

"But if you need me I will happily tell them I can't make it" he said.

"No, go, have fun."

"You sure?" he asked.

"Yes, course."

"Okay, I'll call you later tonight" he said.

"Okay" she said as they kissed.

"I love you" he said.

"love you too" she said as he left.

~*~


Music came from Chris' basement.

"So...tell me what happened last night, don't leave anything out" Jason said to Brian.

Brian looked over at him "We went for a walk" he said.

"You mean after?" Jason asked.

Brian smiled "Nothing happened J" he said "And even if it did you really think I would tell you?" he asked.

"Yes!" Jason said "What happened? I thought you had it all planned out?" he asked.

"Well Vicki decided it wasn't the right time so...nothing happened, sorry to disappoint you" Brian said.

"Okay everyone pizza's here" Chris said carrying two cardboard boxes down the the steps and setting them on an old coffee table.

~*~


Vicki laughed as she and Emily entered Vicki’s house with shopping bags in their hands.

“It’s getting really black out there” Vicki said.

“I know, I hope the rain holds out until I can get home” Emily said. “so you’re really not going to tell me what happened last night?” Emily asked.

“I’d rather forget about last night if that’s okay” Vicki said.

“That bad huh?” Emily asked "Ugh I got to go, it's family dinner night at my grandparents'" Emily said.

"Ooh sounds fun" Vicki said to her.

"Yes I'm bubbling with excitement, I'll call you later tonight" Emily said.

"Okay, bye" Vicki said as she opened the door.

"Bye" they said as Emily left, Vicki shut the door behind her.

Vicki heard a low rumble above her, she looked out the window and saw ominous black clouds filling the sky.

~*~


The lights began to flicker as they passed around pizza slices, they looked around in confusion.

"Looks like there's a storm a comin' " Chris said as he looked out of the basement window, licking the grease from his fingers.

"Hey can I use your phone quick?" Brian asked standing up from the futon.

"Yeah sure" Chris said "What's wrong?" he asked.

"Vicki has this thing about thunderstorms, her mom's out of town, she's going to freak, I just want to make sure she's alright" he said as the phone rang.

Vicki sat on her couch with a book resting next to her "Hello?" she asked.

"Vicki, it's me" he said.

"Hello?" she asked as static filled her ear.

"Vicki, can you hear me?" he asked as the line went dead. "Phone lines are down" he said hanging up.

“Why don’t you uh head on over there? Protect her?” Jason asked winking.

“That’s actually not a bad idea” he said running up the stairs “You can thank me tomorrow!” Jason called out after him.

~*~


Vicki pushed the buttons on the phone and put it to her ear, still getting nothing, suddenly the lights went out. Rain began to pour down heavily, the thunder crackling overhead. Vicki sat on her couch, jumping when she heard the thunder crumbling above her, by the time Brian got to her front porch he was drenched, sopping wet from the rain.

"Vicki!" he said pounding on the door "It's me! open up!" he yelled, still banging on the front door.

She jumped up and pulled the chain lock open and threw the door open "Oh my god" she said hugging him. "What are you doing here?"

"Well I heard the thunder and knew you were here by yourself, I just wanted to make sure you were okay" he said “Where’s Emily? I thought you guys were going to the mall?” he asked.

“Just got back” she said “Emily had to go to some dinner with her grandparents” she said “You are soaking wet” she said giggling.

“Yeah, so I see” he said.

"So how long do these blackouts usually last?" she asked him as she lit candles and set them around her living room.

"As long as the storm holds out" he said as he turned a lantern on.

"This happens alot?" Vicki asked.

"Only when there's a storm" he said “So I have a question, if your parents are divorced…why does your mom still have your dad’s clothes?” he asked.

“He left them behind when he moved out I guess she never had the heart to give them back to him…I think she misses him sometimes” she said.

A loud clap of thunder roared above them, Vicki gasped as it startled her "You okay?" he asked.

"I just...I really hate thunderstorms that's all...I especially hate thunderstorms when the power goes out" she said nervously.

"Yeah I know you told me" he said to her.

"I did? When?" she asked.

"When we met and we spent all night talking on the swing in your backyard" She looked at him astonished
"What?" he asked.

"I just...I can't believe you remembered, that was almost a year ago" she said.

"I remember everything you tell me" he said brushing the hair away from her eyes, they smiled at each other.
"Don't worry you might like this one" he said lighting up another lantern.

"Oh yeah? Why's that?" she asked.

"Because you got me this time" he said as she smiled at him, her face blushing.

"So uh...we got a bunch of old board games and stuff in the attic."

"Got CandyLand?" he asked.

"Course but I don't think you want to play against me though" she said.

"Oh really? You're on" he said.

~*~


Little plastic people sat on the board as they played the game.

"Don't mess with the master" Vicki said to her moving her little person to King Candy's castle.

"What is this now? Ten games in a row?" he asked.

"I told you, this is my game" she said to him.

Soon the Candy Land board game was tucked away and they sat on the floor by the coffee table setting wooden tiles on to a board. He looked at it pensively before
finally laying his tiles down spelling out 'I love you'.

"Okay you win" she said as he laughed "I love you too" she said as they moved in closer together and kissed softly and sweetly.

"So...what's next?" he asked "Got any cards?"

"Right here" she said holding up a deck of cards.

"Blackjack?" he asked.

"How about some poker?" she asked.

"Poker?" he asked.

"Yeah my mom's been teaching me how to play, I think I'm getting pretty good at it" she said shuffling the deck.

"Your mom plays poker?" he asked.

“You kidding? She’s a master, wins every time, it’s incredible” Vicki said to him.

“Okay well that’s not really fair, I don’t know how to play” he said.

“I know” she said smiling at him.

He eyed her carefully as they played poker, looking at his cards carefully.

"Sure you want to do that?" Vicki asked smiling.

"Trying to psych me out huh?" he asked "Read 'em and weep" he said throwing his cards on the table.

"You got nothing" she said laughing.

"Seriously?" he asked.

"Yes" she said, still laughing.

"Alright what do you got?" he asked.

"Straight" she said showing him her cards.

"That's not fair" he said shuffling the deck She jumped and squealed when she heard a loud clap of thunder "You okay?" he asked.

"Yeah" she said, he leaned back against the couch.

He pulled her into him, wrapping his arm around her "Mm this is nice" he said.

"It is, I think you may be right" Vicki said "You do make thunderstorms more tolerable" she said.

"That's what I'm here for" he said.

She lied her head on his shoulder, there was another loud crash of thunder, lighting lit up the whole night sky. She ran her hands across his chest, feeling something in his shirt pocket "What's this?" she asked pulling at the button and opening the pocket. She pulled a card out and looked at him in shock.

"I have no idea how that got there" he said, she tackled him to the floor and they laughed.

"I don't know what's worst, that you cheated or that you cheated and you still lost" she said laughing.

A loud clap of thunder roared from above “you okay?” he asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine” she said pushing her hair back, a piece of it falling in her face.

He smiled lovingly at her, sweeping her hair behind her ear “You’re so beautiful” he said, she smiled at him they stared at each other in silence, just gazing into each other's eyes. She moved closer to him, softly brushing her lips against his, he pressed his forehead to hers. "I love you Vicki" he said brushing his nose against hers.

"I love you too" she said.

Their lips brushed together once more, they kissed softly the rain became heavier, pouring down hard, the thunder kept rolling in, lightning crackling along with it. Their kissing became passionate and intense, she leaned backwards, lying flat on the floor as he hovered over her, she pulled him down on top of her, pressing his body tightly to hers. She grabbed at his tee shirt, pulling it up, he wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her into him, their heavy breathing filling the air between them.

"You sure about this?" he asked.

“I have never been more sure about anything in my entire life” she said “You are the one that I want to be with” she said “Come on" she said holding her hand out for him, they stood up from the floor and went upstairs, the door to her room opened as she pulled him inside. The thunder and lightning continued to crash and rumble outside, the rain still pouring down, candles adorned every surface of her bedroom, they flickered in the darkness.

She sat at the foot of her bed, she crawled backwards, looking up at him as she lied down, letting her head hit the pillows. He crawled over her, she pulled him down on top of her, his body pressing tightly against hers. Their noses brushed together, he took her mouth into a kiss, covering it with his own. His hands began to roam her body, squeezing her gently. He sat up, reaching behind his head to grab the collar of his shirt, pulling it over his head. she reached up to run her hands over his bare shoulders he reached up to grab her hand and link their fingers together, kissing her hand. His fingertips lightly grazed her arms. She sat up, grabbing the hem of her shirt, he helped her pull it over her head.

Their lips reconnected, their mouths becoming fused together in deep and intense kisses. The straps of her bra fell down her shoulders, his lips drifted down to her neck to her shoulder. Her breath quickened, she closed her eyes as he kissed and sucked on her neck. She ran her hands down his sides, coming to his jeans, she reached for the button and unzipped them. He kicked them off letting them fall to the floor. She pulled at the button of her shorts, he gently slipped them down her legs.

His hands glided across her back, feeling for the clasp on her bra, she pulled the straps down further, she held it against her chest before pulling it off, letting it fall to the floor. She slid her hands down to his waist, hooking her fingers into the band of his boxers, pulling them down his hips, freeing him, she then used her feet to sweep them down his legs, joining the pile of clothes on the floor. She drank in the sight of him, her eyes roaming his body, becoming darker with lust. He ran his hands down her sides, squeezing her gently, pulling at the lacy fabric of her panties and slipped them off of her.

His eyes travelled up and down taking her in "You are so incredibly gorgeous, you know that?" he asked as his lips crashed on top hers, taking her mouth into a long wanting kiss. She reached behind her and pulled the covers of her bed down, they slipped between the sheets, pulling the covers over them.

He ran his hands down her thighs, pressing his fingers into her soft skin, he slipped his hand between her legs, parting them. She pulled him into a kiss he let his forehead fall against hers. He could feel her trembling beneath him.

"You okay?" he asked

"Yeah...just go slow okay?" she said.

"I'm going to be as gentle as I can" he said breathlessly.

He slipped between them gently entering her, as he thrusted Vicki felt as if she was being torn in two, tears began to form in her eyes. She bit her lip and dug her nails into his shoulders, they slowly rocked back and forth, the pain began to recede quickly and was replaced with something more euphoric. She sighed softly, gasping every time he entered her, he cupped her breasts in his hands, squeezing them gently. His lips fell from her neck to her chest, planting soft kisses on her breasts. She ran her fingers through his hair, whimpering softly, he groaned as he continued to thrust into her each time harder and quicker.

His head fell against hers, their heavy breathing filling the space between them, he groaned, taking a gulp and fell against her in exhaustion. Rain drops dripped off of the leaves outside, a haze covering the moon. Drops of condensation fell down the pane of glass in the French doors that lead to the balcony. They lied closely together, wrapped up in the sheets. The tears in her eyes spilled down her face as she lied there next to him.

“Hey, you okay?” he asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine” she said

“What’s with the…oh god, did I hurt you?” he asked nervously.

“No, no, I’m fine I promise” she said smiling.

“You sure?” he asked.

“Mmhmm” she said nodding.

He swept a piece of her hair away from her face "I love you" he said.

"I love you too" she said as they kissed full of passion and intensity.

They went back downstairs when the lights flickered back on.

"Well look at that" Vicki said as they stopped at the front door.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and they kissed.

"We can...we can do this again, right?" he asked.

"Oh yeah, definitely" she said.

"Really...huh...when exactly?" he asked.

"Well...my mom won't be home until late tomorrow night, that work for you?" she asked.

"Oh that works, I will most definitely be here" he said as they kissed once again.

"Goodnight" she said to him.

"Night, sweet dreams" he said.

"Thanks to you I will" she said as she shut the door behind her.