- Text Size +
Sunlight began to stream through the windows, Brian lied in his bed sleeping peacefully, Vicki crawled up behind him, his shirt hanging loosely from her, she wrapped her arms around him and began to kiss his neck.

"Mm, morning" he said a smiling spreading across his face.

"Good morning" she said, he turned to face her and he pulled her into a kiss "Last night was amazing" she said to him.

"You think so?" he asked.

"I know so, I think it was the best night we ever spent together" Vicki said as she sat on him, straddling his waist.

"Oh come on we've had a couple of good nights" he said.

"Not like last night" she said she said, leaning forward and nuzzling her face into his neck, sucking and nipping the soft skin.

"Care for a live recap?" he asked hopefully.

"Please" she said smiling, he lied her down as he rolled over on top of her, capturing her into a hungry kiss, they then pulled the covers over them.

They lied there kissing softly and sweetly as he rested his head on her chest.

"What time is it?" she asked.

"About eleven thirty" he said kissing her neck, she giggled.

"I should probably get dressed" she said trying to sit up.

"I don't want you to" he said wrapping his arms around her "I want you to stay here like this all day" he said to her.

She laughed "I'd love to but if my mother finds out that I was here last night instead of at Emily's she'll have a coronary" she said to him.

"It's worth it" he said smiling at her, he grabbed her hand as she left the bed, pulling the sheet around her, she squealed as he pulled her back.

"Come on" she said laughing as they kissed, he let go of her hand as she finally stood up and went into the bathroom. She then emerged fully dressed, tugging on her earlobe "Hey have you seen my..." she asked as he held an earring up. "Thanks" she said taking it from her and put it in her ear.

"So...will I see you later?" he asked coming up behind her as she looked in the mirror.

"You better" she said to him as she turned around, the doorbell then rang "Don't you think you should get that?" she asked as he pulled her close.

"They'll go away" he said as the doorbell began to ring furiously.

"Doesn't sound like it" she said laughing "I'll be right down" she said as he left the room.

"Jason, of course it's you" he said bitterly opening the door.

"Well good morning to you too, what's the matter, wake up on the wrong side of the bed?" Jason asked.

"Far from it" Vicki said coming down the steps, her bag slung over her shoulder.

"Vicki" he said surprised "Well well what do we have here?" Jason said.

"I was actually just leaving" she said.

They kissed "I will see you later" she said to Brian.

"You bet you will" Brian said as they kissed "Bye" he said as she walked towards the door.

"Bye, bye J" she said opening the door and then closing it behind her.

"Bye Vicki" he said as she left "I see we had a slumber party last night" Jason said.

"Jason why are you here?" Brian asked.

"I got a surprise for you" Jason said dangling a set of keys in front of his face.

"Keys?" Brian asked.

"Not just any old keys, these are the keys to my parents' beach house" Jason said.

"And you brought them over to show me? Lovely, bye J" Brian said.

"No! 4th of July weekend, you, me, Em and Vicki and the rest of our friends are there" Jason said.

"Nuh uh, your parents are letting us do this?" Brian asked.

"If you don't believe me I guess you're staying home " Jason said.

"Sweet" Brian said taking the keys from him.

"So...you going to tell me about last night?" Jason asked, he laughed.

"No" Brian said to Jason "Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to catch some sleep" he said opening the door.

"This isn't fair" Jason said leaving.


~*~



Sounds of retching and heaving came from Sasha's bathroom, the toilet flushed and the door opened. She leaned against the doorframe.

"Sasha! Come on honey time to go!" her mom yelled from downstairs. She left the room and went downstairs.

"You got the camera?" Kathleen asked Craig as she looked into the mirror of her compact.

"I guess" he said sullenly.

"Craig, enough, if Shawn doesn't want to play baseball we just have to accept it" Kathleen said irritated.

"Sasha" Craig said to her "You alright cupcake?" he asked.

"Yeah I'm fine" she said to him, grabbing her purse and crossing it around her body.

"You look sick" he said to her.

"I'm okay" she said to him, shrugging her shoulders.

"No, your dad's right, are you feeling alright?" Kathleen asked putting her hand to her forehead and feeling her cheeks "You're not warm or anything" Kathleen said.

"God I told you I'm okay, we're going to be late" Sasha said irritated.

They sat in a crowd amongst a mass of parents and other families, Sasha yawned listening to the valedictorian speech.

"What's the score?" Craig asked CJ in a harsh whisper, leaning over in his seat.

"Ten nothing" CJ said lifting up his earphone.

Sasha began to feel lightness in her head, she blinked a few times and shook her head.

"You okay?" Alicia asked her.

"Yeah...just really dizzy that's all" Sasha said to her.

"What's wrong?" Kathleen asked Alicia.

"Sash says she's dizzy" Alicia said.

"Oh well I have some mints you can suck on" Kathleen said, digging through her purse, CJ sputtered as he began to laugh.

"CJ" Alicia said shoving him. Sasha's stomach turned, she clamped her hand over her mouth and ran "I'll go" Alicia said to Kathleen as she followed behind her. "Sasha?" Alicia asked going into the girls' bathroom when she heard the sounds of throwing up from a stall.

The toilet flushed and Sasha came out "Are you okay?" Alicia asked.

"I don't know" Sasha whined "A few days ago I was stuffing my face, now I've been throwing up all morning" she said leaning against the sink "Oh no" she said dodging back into the stall.


~*~



"Hi, Mrs. McAdams" Emily said to Lizzie.

"Oh Emily" Lizzie said opening the front door.

"Vicki forgot this at my house" Emily said holding up a sweater.

"Oh, well go on up, you know where to find her" Lizzie said letting her inside.

"Thanks" Emily said jogging up the steps.

Vicki yawned as she brushed her hair "Come in" she said as she heard a knock.

"Hey" Emily said coming into the room.

"Hey, what's that?" Vicki asked noticing the sweater resting on Emily's arm.

"My sweater, I told your mom it was yours" Emily said to her "So...come on tell me...how was your night?" Vicki smiled, Emily then laughed at her "You little whore" Emily said to her,

Vicki looked at her in shock "Excuse me!" she said laughing "No, it was the best night we ever spent together, it was so intense and amazing and just...wow" she said.

"You have like this...sex glow around you" Emily said to her.

"Shut up" Vicki said as they laughed.

"Oh, I have news, Jason's parents are letting us all use the beach house for the 4th of July" Emily said excitedly.

"You're kidding" Vicki said.

"No isn't this exciting? Okay we have to go shopping right away" Emily said.

"Great, uh how about tonight? I want to take a nap" Vicki said.

"Okay quit rubbing it in already" Emily said laughing "Sounds good, call me later" Emily said going towards the door.

"Okay, bye" Vicki said to her.

"Bye" Emily said as she left the room, Vicki lied back on her bed.


~*~



"Come on, it's okay" Alicia said to Sasha as she held a door open for her.

"I don't know about this" Sasha said to her.

"I understand you're nervous but everything's going to be okay" Alicia said "Hi, I'm here with Sasha Miller for her three o clock appointment" Alicia said to the nurse at the window.

"Okay, the doctor will be right out, have a seat" the nurse said gesturing towards the waiting room.

"Thank you" Alicia said smiling, they then sat down.

"Alicia, why are you doing this for me?" Sasha asked.

"Because, you're like a little sister to me" Alicia said smiling warmly at her.

"I'm so sorry for being such a bitch to you all the time" Sasha said to her.

"It's okay, I totally understand, I'm glad you're letting me help you" Alicia said, they hugged.

"Sasha Miller?" a nurse asked holding a clipboard.

"Ready?" Alicia asked standing up.

"I guess" she said following the nurse back to a room.

Alicia smoothed out her hair as she sat up on the table in a gown, the doctor came in "Well?" Alicia asked.

She nodded "You're pregnant."

Sasha's face went blank "Are...are you sure?" she asked in disbelief.

"The blood test and standard pregnancy tests were conclusive" the doctor said sitting on her stool.
"I scheduled you for an exam, we want to make sure everything's going well and the baby is developing properly" Sasha stared straight ahead of her still in absolute shock. "Let me give you..." the doctor said picking up a couple pamphlets "this is a place that specializes in terminating pregnancies and this is a list of adoption agencies, just for consideration, whatever choice you make is yours"

"Thank you doctor" Alicia said pulling Sasha close.

"Sure, I'll let you get dressed" she said as she stood up and left the room.

"You okay?" Alicia asked.

"I uh...I don't know" Sasha said to her "Can I have a minute?" Sasha asked.

"Yeah sure, I'll go check you out" Alicia said to her.
The door closed and Sasha's face crumpled up and she began sobbing.

Alicia's car pulled up to Sasha's house and stopped. "I can tell them if you want" Alicia said to her.

"Thanks but...I think I need to do it" Sasha said to her.

"Okay" Alicia said softly, squeezing her hand.

"Hey...can I... call you sometime? just to talk?" Sasha asked.

"Course you can, I'd like that" Alicia said as Sasha shut the car door.


~*~



“Hello? Anyone up yet?!” Sasha's brother, CJ asked as he came into the house “I got donuts!” he yelled holding up a box of donuts in his hands. “What’s this” he asked himself picking up a note.

“Kids, went to the flea market, be back in a couple hours, mom and dad”

“Course” he said to himself.

He went into the kitchen and set the box of donuts on the table, he picked up the coffee pot, pouring himself a cup.

“CJ?” Sasha asked coming down the stairs in her pajamas, rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

“Oh hey” he said to her.

“What are you doing here so early?” she asked.

“On a donut run, want one?” he asked holding one up.

Her stomach lurched forward, she quickly clamped her hand over her mouth and ran back upstairs.

“Sash?” he asked standing outside the bathroom “You okay?” he asked when he heard the toilet flush. The door then opened and she stood there “You alright?” he asked.

“Yeah…I’m fine” she said as her face went blank, she slammed the door shut once more, he could hear her retching and heaving inside.

She eventually came back downstairs where CJ sat at the kitchen table “Sorry about that” she said wiping tears away from her face.

“Were you crying?” he asked, noticing her blotchy cheeks and watery eyes.

“No, I’ll be alright” she said.

“Sash, hey, come on if something’s wrong you can tell me” he said to her.

“Nothing’s wrong…I’m fine” she said whimpering.

"You're sitting here crying, course you're not okay, come on you can tell me" he said to her.

She took a deep breath “You uh…remember the night you and Alicia came over for dinner? And you asked me about Kellie and Chris and Melissa?” she asked.

“Uh…oh yeah…so?” he asked confused.

“CJ I’m so sorry” she said sobbing.

“What are you…” he said before his face fell serious “Sash…are you pregnant?” he asked.

She nodded sadly “Yeah” she said in a whisper.

He closed his eyes, leaning his head in his palm “It’s…it’s going to be okay, you’re going to be fine” he said pulling her close and hugging her tightly. CJ then sat by himself at the table when the back door suddenly opened and Kathleen came into the house carrying a few grocery bags.

“Oh hi” she said upon seeing him “Wasn’t expecting you so early” she said.

“Yeah I went on a donut run” he said.

“You okay?” she asked noticing his solemn expression.

“Where’s dad? There’s something I think we need to talk about” he said.

“Good news, fresh corn on the cob for dinner tonight” Craig said bringing in two bags “Oh hey, you’re here early” Craig said seeing him.“Something wrong?” he asked.

“CJ said there’s something we need to talk about” Kathleen said.

“What’s up? Alicia alright?” Craig asked.

“Yeah Alicia’s fine, this isn’t about me…it’s Sash” he said.

“She okay? Did she get sick again?” Kathleen asked.

“Uh yeah, she did” CJ said.

“I’m worried about her, she’s been like this for days now” Kathleen said unpacking the grocery bags.

“Yeah there’s a reason for that” he said as they turned to look at him “Wow okay, I really don’t know how to tell you guys this…” he said sighing. “Sash is pregnant” he said.

“What?” Kathleen asked.

“What are you talking about?” Craig asked.

“I came over like I said, I had the donuts, she came down, I asked if she wanted one, she ran back upstairs and into the bathroom, I went to see if she was alright and she said she was fine” CJ said. “She came back down and I noticed she had been crying and…that’s when she told me” he said.

“Oh my god” Kathleen said.

“This is impossible; she can’t be pregnant” Craig said angrily.

“Dad she told me herself, she had Alicia take her to the doctor's” CJ said.

“Alicia?” Kathleen asked.

“Yeah, she had a pregnancy test done and it came back positive” CJ said.

“Oh my god” Kathleen said once more.

"I'll kill him" Craig said angrily.

"Craig!” Kathleen said to him, they all became silent once they heard the stairs creaking, Sasha stood there.

“Mom” she sobbed as her face crumpled up.

“It’s okay sweetie” Kathleen said holding her “Everything’s going to be alright” Craig joined them, kissing Sasha’s head, wrapping his arms around both Kathleen and Sasha.