- Text Size +
Vicki sat on the window seat, looking up at the sky, a few tears trailing down her cheeks, balled up tissues in her hand. She wiped her nose, the door opened, and she hastily wiped her tears away.

"hey" Brian said to her.

"Hey" she said "What's up?" she asked.

"I was just going to ask you the same thing" he said sitting next to her "Are you alright?" he asked.

"Yeah I'm fine" she said wiping her nose with a tissue.

"No you're not" he said to her "What's wrong? Did I do something?" he asked.

"No...no it's not you" she said sadly.

"Well then what is it?" he asked concerned, moving closer to put his hand on her back.

"I have to tell you something" she said in a whisper as she turned to face him.

“What is it?" he asked.

"You're going to hate me" she said turning her back to him.

"You have my heart, I could never hate you, now come on what is it?" he asked pulling her hair back from her shoulders, twirling a strand of it around his finger. "You can tell me, come on" he said, she clinched her eyes shut, letting a few tears squeeze through.

She turned to face him “I'm pregnant” she said softly. His face fell and went blank, turning pale in an instant.

"What?" he asked.

"I'm pregnant" she said again, tears falling down her cheeks he ran his fingers through his hair and sighed

"Oh god" he said "Are you sure?" he asked, she nodded "How do you know? Did you go to a doctor or something?" he asked.

"No... I uh...I took three pregnancy tests and they were all positive" she said to him.

"When did you find out?" he asked plopping himself down on the window seat.

“About a week ago" she said sitting next to him.

"And you're just telling me now? Why didn't you tell me what was going on? I could've been there with you" he asked.

"I couldn't tell you okay? I was scared" she said him.

"You told Emily" he said to her.

"That's different" she said to him.

"How is it different?" he asked.

"Because I am not having a baby with Emily!" she said to him irritated.

"Oh my god" he groaned "This can't...this can't be happening...how did this happen?" he asked "How...how...When...when did this happen?" he asked.

"The night of the Poison concert" she said to him "We spent that whole night at your house having sex it had to be then" she said to him. He sighed deeply “I'm so sorry, I didn't want this to happen” Vicki sobbed.

"No no no, hey hey come on" he said pulling her close and holding her tightly. “Everything’s going to be okay, we'll figure this out alright?” he said kissing the top of her head.

Later that night, Brian reached over in bed and felt the spot next to him was empty, he opened his eyes and looked around, Vicki was gone.

"Vicki?" he asked when he looked out the window and saw her sitting alone by a fire. "Hey" he said walking out on to the deck.

"Hey, I thought you were asleep" she said as he sat on a lawn chair next to her.

"I was but when I reached for you, you were gone" he said "What are you doing out here?" he asked.

"I couldn't sleep...I kept having to throw up" she said "I came out here and found Jason passed out by the fire" he laughed "So I sent him off to bed, I just wanted to sit here by myself for a while and think."

"About?" he asked.

"Everything" she said.

"You okay?" he asked twirling a strand of her hair around his finger.

"I'm scared" she said tearfully , he pulled her close, holding her tightly.

"It's going to be okay" he said softly kissing her head.

"I must've gone over how I'm going to tell my mother about how many times now" she said, sighing deeply "What about your parents? How do you think they'll react?" she asked.

"Oh that should be a fun conversation" he said to her.
"Hey, whatever happens, I'm right by your side okay? I'm going to support you a hundred percent" he said brushing a tear away from her cheek.

She smiled "Thanks".

"Do you know what you want to do? About the baby?" he asked.

"I've only been thinking about it ever since I found out I was pregnant" she said to him, I want to keep my baby" she said to him "I know it’s going to be hard but I think it’s worth it and I know in my heart that it's the right thing to do" she said.

"Then I will be right by your side every step of the way" he said as he held her tightly.

"I love you" she said.

"I love you too" he said as she let her forehead fall against his.

~*~


Brian stood at the bottom of the stairs, listening to the distant chatter of his parents from the kitchen, his mom’s laughter becoming louder as he made his way towards them.

“Well there you are” Jackie said upon seeing him “You’ve been locked away in your room all day, I was beginning to think you were hiding from us” she said “You’re just in time too, dinner will be ready in a few minutes" she said looking into a cooking pot and grabbing a wooden spoon.

“You alright there son?” Harold asked “You look a little green” he said.

“Are you sick? Do you have a fever?” Jackie asked putting the back of her hand to his forehead.

“No, mom I’m not sick, I’m fine I just…I got to talk to you guys…it’s really important” Brian said.

“Alright…well, we’re listening, go on” Jackie said, he took a deep breath, sliding a chair out from the table.

Jackie stood at Harold’s side “Is something wrong?” she asked.

“It’s about me and Vicki” Brian said.

“Oh no” Jackie said sadly “Did you two break up?” she asked.

“What? No, course not” Brian said.

“Oh good, I love Vicki, she’s such a sweet girl and you two are so adorable together” Jackie gushed.

“Okay, you and Vicki didn’t break up…what could be the problem? Not like you got her in trouble or anything” Harold said when Brian became silent, trying to avoid looking at them. “…Did you?” Harold asked.

Brian closed his eyes and sighed "Yeah, I did."

“What…what are you saying?” Jackie asked nervously.

“Vicki’s pregnant” Brian said softly Jackie covered her mouth.

"What? What?!" Harold asked.

"I'm sorry you guys" Brian said looking down at the table.

"No, no this can't be...this can't be happening" Jackie said. "Our baby's having a baby" she said "Oh and Vicki...that poor girl" she said sadly.

"How could you do this to her?" Harold asked “How did this happen?! When?!” he asked.

“That…that weekend you guys went away…night of the Poison concert… Vicki stayed here one night, with me" Brian said to them.

"I cannot believe this..."

"how could you?" they both said to him.

“I didn't even know you two were...together in that way" Jackie said.

"We have been for a year now" Brian said to them “Look um, Vicki and I talked about everything, she decided she wants to keep the baby, so I'm going to do the right thing and be a father."

"You want to do the right thing? you're going to ask her to marry you, THAT is the right thing to do” Harold said.


~*~



Vicki stood against the doorway in her bedroom, a balled up tissue in her hand, her face was red and stained from crying.

"Honey dinner's..." Lizzie said coming into her room, she tried to wipe her tears away and conceal her face "What's wrong?" Lizzie asked concerned.

"Nothing I'm okay" Vicki said to her.

"You're crying" Lizzie said.

"It's nothing..." Vicki said to her.

"Aww honey, did you and Brian have a fight?" Lizzie asked.

"No" Vicki said smiling.

"Then what's the problem?" Lizzie asked.

"I have to talk to you about something" Vicki said tearfully.

"Okay..." Lizzie said sitting on her bed "What's wrong?" she asked pushing Vicki's hair behind her shoulder.

"Please don't hate me" she said sadly.

"Vicki, you’re my daughter I could never hate you, now come on, tell me what's making you so upset".

"Do you remember when uh I went to the Poison concert?" Vicki asked.

"Yeah" Lizzie said nodding.

"I told you that I was sleeping over at Emily's afterward...I lied" she said "I spent the night with Brian at his house".

"Okay..." Lizzie sighed “Victoria…I think we need to have a talk …” Lizzie said.

“Mom…” Vicki said.

“No, now Vicki, we had an agreement remember? We don’t keep secrets from each other, now you know you can always talk to me about things like this” Lizzie said.

“I know…” Vicki said.

“Honey I was young once too and I know how your hormones can play tricks on you and they can drive you mad but you know better than this" Vicki nodded “I’m going to give you a pass on this one…but anything like this happens again and we’re have a problem, okay? ” Lizzie asked as she kissed Vicki’s forehead, she chuckled slightly “I can’t believe you thought I would hate you for that, silly” she said standing up from the bed.

"I'm pregnant" Vicki said, stopping Lizzie in her tracks.

She turned around to face Vicki “What?” she asked.

“I’m pregnant” Vicki said once more.

“oh my…” Lizzie said in disbelief.

"I'm so sorry" Vicki said sadly.

"My god, Vicki!" Lizzie said “How could this happen?!” she asked.

"It was just that one night..." Vicki said.

"You know it only takes one time!" Lizzie said, she covered her mouth in shock.

"Mom you have to believe me I didn't want this to happen okay? I'm sorry".

"I just...I feel like I don't even know you anymore Vicki, you're sneaking around behind my back, you're lying to me and now..." Lizzie said angrily.

"All I can do is tell you I'm sorry, and I am, I really really am, I'm so sorry" Vicki said tearfully.

"So am I" Lizzie said leaving the room, Vicki lied back on her bed, clutching a pillow tightly in her arms and wept openly.