- Text Size +
Another January was ending, Valentine's day was fast approaching, love was in the air. Christina slept soundly as people walked past. They all looked at her confused and began to laugh and whisper. Vicki came up to the table

"Chris" she said nudging her arm "Christina" she said again to her.

"I just fed him" she said waking up "Oh my god" she said hiding her face in her hands "I fell asleep in school again" she said embarrassed.

"You okay?" Vicki asked her.

"Ugh I'm just so tired, every time I would try to put Harry back in his crib he would cry, it took him forever to fall back to sleep".

"Well you know I read you're supposed to let him cry that way he puts himself back to sleep" Vicki said to her.

"I know but that just seems so mean, to let my baby cry like that" Christina said to her.

“What are you selling now?” Vicki asked noticing the cash box.

“Oh, Valentine’s Day dance” Christina said “I’m shocked, there’s still money in here” she said closing the lid and locking it “I don't know why we even bother, no one cares about these things, I’ll see you later” she said closing the box.

“Bye” Vicki said to her as she went to her locker.

Once she opened the door she was greeted with a bouquet of dark red roses. she took them out and smelled them.

She felt Brian wrap his arms around her from behind
"Happy Valentine's Day" he said kissing her cheek.

She turned around and kissed him "Such a romantic" she said to him as they kissed again.

"You like 'em?" he asked.

"I love them, they're beautiful" she said.

"How's our boy today?" he asked looking down at her stomach.

"He's way too comfy in there" she said looking down at her enlarged stomach.

He put his hand on her stomach and patted it "Soon" he said.

"Not soon enough, I'd like to be able to see my feet again". The bell rang, he grabbed her books from her locker and they walked to class.

Sasha sobbed as she sat in her desk, a few balled up tissues strewn all over the top.

"Sash, hey" Vicki said softly, easing herself down into her seat "What's wrong?" Vicki asked.

"I don't know!" Sasha said tearfully "This has been happening for almost a week now, I've been crying my eyes out over nothing" she said.

"Hey guys" Emily said coming into the classroom "Hey Sash how's the baby?" she asked, Sasha began to sob harder.

"What? What'd I say?" Emily asked.

"She's just a little...hormonal" Vicki said.

"No... I just realized how much I miss Neilson" Sasha said sobbing once again. "I got to call home" she said running from the room.

"Wow...you're not going to be like that are you?" Emily asked.

"Probably" Vicki said to her.

"What do you guys have planned tonight?" Emily asked.

"Oh I don't know probably just going to chill at home and watch a movie" Vicki said to her. "what about you? Is Jason actually planning something romantic?” Vicki asked.

“Have you met Jason?” Emily asked “No we’re all going to the dance tonight, you guys should come” she said.

“Are you kidding me?” Vicki asked.

“Why not? It’ll be fun” Emily said.

“Em I am as big as a house and incredibly uncomfortable” Vicki said to her.

“Come on you’re due any day now you should get out one more time before the baby comes” Emily said.

“…Okay” Vicki said “Why not” she said.

"Awesome" Emily said.

"Morning kids" their teacher said coming into the room "Page 60" she said picking up a piece of chalk.


~*~



That night Kellie held Kyle closely as she rocked him to sleep, she began to smell something burning coming from downstairs.

"Oh my god" she said wrapping Kyle in a blue blanket and hurrying downstairs.

"Don't worry! It’s just me!" Kevin said waving the smoke out of his face.

"What are you doing?!" she asked.

"It was supposed to be a surprise" he said.

"What? You burning my kitchen down?" she asked irritated.

"I'm making us a special dinner, in honor of Valentine's Day" he said to her.

"It’s Valentine's day?" she asked confused.

"You forgot?" he asked surprised.

"I'm kind of worried about other things here" she said "Here you put him to bed, I'll fix the kitchen".

"No no no, I got the kitchen alright?" he said.

"Alright fine but please try not to burn down the house" she said taking Kyle back upstairs to the nursery.

~*~


Harry wailed as Christina tried to soothe him, bouncing him up and down in her arms “Harry, sweetie please I know you’re tired” she said as he continued to cry.

“I got the bottle” Howie said coming into the room.

She took it from him and gave it to Harry “Come on sweetie, it’s okay” she said, he turned his little head to the side and began to cry louder.

“Here let me try” Howie said “hey there little guy” he said taking Harry in his arms, he put the bottle in his mouth, his crying faltered and he began to drink from the bottle. “There we go” he said as Harry finally became quiet “See? Nothing to it” he said turning to Christina who had fallen asleep in the rocking chair.


~*~



Brian and Vicki got the dance, they walked into the gym, which was decorated in red and pink.

"Hey you guys made it" Emily said as she greeted them, she gave Vicki a hug "You look great."

"Really? I feel like a giant tomato" she asked about her red dress billowing around her.

"You look beautiful" Brian said kissing her cheek.

“You always say that” she said.

“And I always mean it” he said as they kissed softly.


~*~



Melissa set a baby monitor on a side table near her couch, she checked her watch once more when the doorbell rang, she opened the door “Hey” she said to AJ.

“Hey, sorry I’m late, long line at the video store” he said.

“That’s okay, what’d you get?” she asked as he took his coat off.

“I got the whole night of the living dead series” he said happily handing her a stack of video tapes.

“Wow” she said.

“What?” he asked.

“Nothing it’s just…I was hoping for something a little bit more romantic” she said “You know in honor of Valentine’s Day” she said.

He looked at her horrified “Valentine’s day…right” he said when a small cry came over the monitor, she jumped up from the couch “Hey uh I just remembered that I left your gift at my house so I’m going to go and get it” he said.

“Oh but…” she said.

“I’ll be right back” he said quickly leaving.

“Okay…” she said mystified.


~*~



"Doesn't that feel weird?" Ariel asked as she had her hand pressed to Vicki’s stomach.

"Actually it feels pretty cool" she said rubbing her stomach.

"He is kicking up a storm in there" Ariel said feeling the tiny kicks.

"I think he's excited to be out tonight too" Vicki said to her.

"Here we go ladies" Brian said sitting down with two cups of punch.

"Thank you" Ariel said taking a sip before another song started "Mm, I love this song! Chris let’s dance" Ariel said taking his hand and then walked out onto the dance floor.

"Want to dance?" he asked Vicki.

"Sure" she said sitting up, he stood up and took her hand and took her to the dance floor, she wrapped her arms around his neck, he wrapped his around her waist.

“I’ve never danced with you pregnant before” he said “It’s not easy” he said.

“No I know” she said laughing.

Suddenly they stopped moving "You okay? What's wrong?" he asked.

"I think this might be it" she said trying to calm herself.

"What? Now?!" he asked frantically.

"Oh my god!" she yelled in pain.

"Guys! We got to get Vicki to the hospital, she's in labor" he said to their friends.

“What?” Ariel asked.

“Oh my god” Emily said in shock.

“You okay?” he asked.

“We have to go, now!” she said.

“Okay come on I got you” he said holding her hand, they slowly made their way to the exit, their friends following closely behind them.


~*~



"Now this is a Valentine's dinner" Kellie said as they ate, a burnt chicken sat on the stove top cooling off.

They sat on the couch and ate out of Chinese cartons
"Sorry about the chicken" Kevin said looking back towards the kitchen "Happy Valentine's Day" he said to her.

"Happy Valentine's day" she said as they kissed and continued to eat.


~*~



Howie continued rocking Harry in his arms as he finally drifted off to sleep “There we go” he said.

Christina finally woke up “What…what happened?” she asked looking around in confusion.

“You fell asleep” he said laughing.

“Oh” she groaned “Is he asleep?” she asked standing up.

“Yep” he said proudly.

“Finally” she said “I guess we’re not going to make it to the dance” she said taking Harry from him, bouncing him gently.

“I guess not” he said.

“Sorry tonight was a bust” she said.

“There’s no two people I’d rather spend Valentine’s Day with” he said kissing her forehead “Happy Valentine’s Day” he said.

“Happy Valentine’s Day” she said as they kissed.


~*~



Everyone sat in the waiting room anxiously when they walked out.

"What happened?" Chris asked.

"You're still pregnant" Jason said to Vicki.

"Really? I hadn't noticed" she said to him irritated.

"False alarm" Brian said to them.

"Yeah the doctor said it’s just the body's way of practicing for the real thing, so no baby yet" Vicki said to them.

"Kid's got a sense of humor" Jason said to them.

"Come on let’s go" Brian said taking Vicki's hand, they all left the hospital.


~*~



Melissa checked her watch as she sat on the couch, the doorbell rang and she got up to answer it.

“Surprise!” AJ said standing there with a giant stuffed animal “Happy Valentine’s Day!” he said cheerfully.

“I know you forgot” she said turning and walking away.

“What are you talking about? I got you this…yeah okay I forgot” he said sitting on her coffee table across from her. “I am so sorry” he said “I’ll make it up to you, this weekend, my mom can watch Adam and we’ll spend the whole day together” he said.

“It’s okay” she said.

“What?” he asked.

“It’s okay you forgot” she said smiled.

“Really? Wait…what are you up to?” he asked frightened.

“Nothing!” she said laughing “Want to know the truth? I completely forgot about Valentine’s Day too” she said.

“Really?” he asked surprised “I didn’t think girls forgot about that” he said.

“Well I’ve been pretty preoccupied these past few months” she said. “I completely forgot it was February” she said “The only reason I remembered what today’s date was, was because my mailman said to me this morning before I left for school” she said.

“Your mail man?” he asked.

“Don’t ask” she said.

“Huh…well…Happy Valentine’s Day” he said.

“Happy Valentine’s Day” she said as they kissed.

“You know we don’t have to watch these, we can just look for a movie on TV or something” he said holding the tapes.

“No way I’m dying to watch Dawn of The Dead” she said “I only suggested a romantic movie because I felt like I was supposed to” she said.

“You are the coolest girlfriend ever” he said as they kissed.


~*~



Vicki lied in her bed reading when he came into the room with a cup of tea "Here you go" Brian said handing it to her.

"Thanks" she said to him.

"You okay?"

"Well I'm kind of disappointed, I really thought I would have the baby tonight" she said sadly.

"Yeah me too" he said.

"I was getting excited at the thought of finally being able to hold him."

He kissed her forehead "I think I have something that might make you feel better" he said opening the drawer to her nightstand and pulling out a gift.

She pulled off the paper and opened the box “It’s a little baby bootie charm” she said "This is beautiful, thank you" she said kissing him.

“Look on the bottom” he said.

She turned the charm over and saw the engraving “BJNL” she said “His initials…this is so sweet.”

"Happy Valentine's Day" he said to her.

"Happy Valentine's Day" she said to him as they kissed.