- Text Size +
"Thanks for coming over" Kellie said as she stepped out on to the front porch.

"I didn't know if it was safe or not" Kevin said as they went down the steps and stood on the sidewalk.

"Don't worry my dad isn't talking to anyone, especially me" she said sadly.

"Kel, I am..." he began to say.

"I know" she said cutting him off.

"So, how'd your parents take the news?" she asked.

"About as well as yours did" he said.

"Your mom probably hates me now, right?" she asked.

"Well she did use a word that I don't feel comfortable repeating" he said.

"God" she said whimpering before putting her head in her hands and sobbing.

"Come on don't cry alright?" he said "It was mostly me she was disappointed in" he said trying to soothe her.

"Oh please she probably thinks I'm some whore now" Kellie cried.

"Look just forget about our parents for a minute okay?" he said to her "How are you feeling?" he asked.

"Horrible!" she said "I think I threw up something I ate ten years ago!" she said.

"Calm down okay? Everything's going to be alright" he said holding her her brother saw them from the window and raced outside.

"Bronson! Don't!" Kellie yelled as he charged towards Kevin and punched him "Bronson!" Kellie yelled at him.

Bronson then pinned Kevin against a car "You didn't think you were going to pay for what you did to my sister?!" he asked angrily.

"Bronson let him go!" Kellie yelled trying to get him off "Mom!" Kellie yelled.

"Tell me why I shouldn't kill you!" Bronson said angrily, still grabbing ahold of Kevin's shirt.

"Bronson!" Lynda said coming to Kellie's side "Bronson James!" she yelled at him "Let him go!"

"I don't want you near him" Bronson said to Kellie.

"You can't do that" Kellie said to him.

"Bronson..."

"She's sixteen!" Bronson said to Lynda.

"I know! Ho somewhere and cool off, now!" Lynda yelled at him.

"Are you okay?" Kellie asked, her eyes welled up with tears "God I hate this" she said crying.

"Come on I'll get you some ice" Lynda said bringing Kevin into the house.

�Tickets will be going on sale for the Valentine's day carnival soon, be sure to pick some up for you and your loved ones, the carnival will once again be held in the school parking lot...�

�Hey do you...� Christina said to some people that passed by �Get your tickets!...� she said as they passed her.

�Hey� Kellie said sitting next to her.

�Hey, how are you?� she asked.

�Miserable� Kellie said to her, laying her head on the table.

�Want to buy a ticket?� Christina asked hopefully.

�How will that make me feel better?� Kellie asked her.

Christina shrugged �Your dad still won't talk to you?� she asked.

�He won't even look at me and my brother is on some homicidal mission to kill my boyfriend�.

Christina rolled her eyes �Oh honey, hey, you always have your friends.�

�Give me a ticket� Kellie said irritated.

�Thank you!� she said excitedly "Look don't worry about your brother okay?" Christina said to her.

"How am I not supposed to worry? I think I heard him on the phone ordering a hit man" Kellie said to her.

"And your dad will come around" Christina said soothingly, putting her hand on her shoulder.

"Yeah when this baby graduates from high school" Kellie said sadly.

"Kel" Christina said giving her a look of sympathy.

"I know what this is doing to him, how do you think I feel?"

"I know" Christina said hugging her.

"Hey" Kevin said meeting Howie and AJ at his locker.

"Whoa" AJ said looking at the bright purple circle around Kevin's eye "What happened to you?"

"Kel's brother" he said opening his locker.

"Bronson?" Howie asked.

"Yeah that's him" Kevin said putting his books inside.

"Why'd he hit you?" Howie asked.

"Well I guess he didn't appreciate what I did to his sister" Kevin said taking books out.

"Yeah Miss told me, how you holding up?" AJ asked.

"How would you be in this situation?" Kevin said holding on to the locker door.

"I'd be standing on top of a building ready to jump" AJ said to him.

"Yeah? Times that about five times you'll get how I'm feeling" Kevin said shutting his locker.

"Okay, I'm obviously missing something here, what'd you do to Kel?" Howie asked.

"Chris didn't tell you?" Kevin asked.

"Tell me what?" Howie asked confused.

"Kel's pregnant" AJ said to him.

"You're kidding" Howie said in disbelief.

"No, unfortunately I'm not" Kevin said leaning against the lockers.

"Oh man, what...what're you going to do?" Howie asked.

"She wants to keep the baby" Kevin said to him.

"I can't believe this" Howie said.

"Join the club" Kevin said to him.

"So you...you're going..."Howie said trying to get the words out.

"Yes, I'm going to be a dad...and I can't believe I Finally said it out loud" Kevin said.

"So? What did you decide?" Christina asked Kellie.

"I talked to my mom, I talked to him, all signs point to one conclusion, keep the baby."

"Wow" Christina said.

"Yeah, I am going to be a mom" Kellie said playing with her backpack.

"How does it feel to say that out loud?" Christina asked.

"Weird".

The doorbell rang as Ken opened the door, Kevin stood there nervously. "Mr. Mitchell, you wanted to see me?" he asked.

"Yeah, come in" Kein said letting him in the house. "Please sit" he said motioning towards the couch, he sat across from him on a chair.

"Look I uh...I'm very sorry about the situation and what's happening..." Kevin said breaking the awkward silence.

"I know" Ken said "I've talked to Kellie, she seems determined to keep her baby."

"Yeah, yeah she is...do you approve of that?" Kevin asked.

"Not my decision to make...but yes I'm happy at having the chance to know my grandchild" Ken said folding his hands.

"I thought you should know that I tried to do the right thing I uh...I asked Kellie to marry me" Kevin said nervously.

"Yeah I know she told me" Ken said.

"Oh, then you know she turned me down" Kevin said.

"Yep" Ken said.

"So...is that what you wanted to talk about?" Kevin asked.

"Am I making you nervous?" Ken asked smiling.

"A little, I know you're a hunter and everything" Kevin said taking a gulp of air.

"Well don't worry son, its not teenage boy season" Ken said to him "That was a joke" he said expecting him to laugh.

"Oh...good one" Kevin said.

"The reason I called you over here is because I need to know for my own peace of mind that you're not going to stick my little girl with raising a child all by herself, you created this baby together, you're going to take care of it together" Ken said to him.

"I have no intention of doing that whatsoever, I love Kellie, more than anything and I'm going to love our baby the same way if not more, you can trust me, I'm going to be the best father I can" Kevin said.

Kellie came down the steps "Hey" she said to him.

"Hey" he said standing up.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

"Oh your dad just wanted to talk to me" he said to her.

"Really? What did he have to say?" she asked looking at Ken.

"Don't worry princess everything's okay" he said kissing her forehead.

"Yeah everything's okay, well Mr. Mitchell, sir thank you for hearing me out" Kevin said to him.

"Thank you for coming over...sweetheart" he said to Kellie before leaving the room.

"Should I be nervous?" she asked him.

"No, how are you?" he asked.

"Sick as a dog" she said.

"Sure you don't want to take me up on my offer from the other day?" he asked hopefully.

"Ask me again in about five or six years" she said to him.

"I'll do that" he said kissing her cheek.

"I'm glad you're here though, I have my first check up tomorrow after school, I was hoping you'd be there" she said.

"Course" he said to her "I'll meet you after school" he said making his way towards the door.

"Okay" she said before he left.

The weather fell into an even deeper chill, everyone was feeling the love in the air as Valentine's Day approached. twinkle lights hung around the parking lot giving the carnival a romantic glow, Christina sat bundled up taking tickets from people showing up at the carnival.

"Hey" Holly said sitting next to her "Here cocoa" she said handing Christina a styrofoam cup.

"Thank you so much" Christina said picking up the cup with her gloved hands.

"Careful the guy said it might be hot" Holly said to her.

"Good" Christina said taking a drink.

"Why couldn't they have moved this indoors?" she asked.

"I guess they didn't expect the temperature to drop so low" Holly said to her.

�Thank you, have fun� Christina said taking people's tickets "Stay warm" she said as they walked away.

She looked up and saw a giant bouquet of red roses appear in front of her �Oh, what's this?� she asked laughing.

�Hi� Howie said peeking at her from over the flowers �For my Valentine� he said handing her the bouquet.

�Oh my god� she said smelling them �They're beautiful�.

"Speaking of keeping warm..." Holly said to her in a suggestive manner.

�Think you'd want to join me for the carnival?�

�I would love to, but I think my butt is frozen to the chair" she said, he smiled and pulled her up "Holls?" she asked.

"Go ahead, have fun" Holly said smiling.

�Really? You don't mind� Christina asked her.

�Don't worry about it, I can handle it, stay warm" Holly said to her.

"Thanks Holls I promise I'll make this up to you" Christina said as he pulled her along.

"You cold?" he asked as they walked through the carnival.

"Not anymore, after sitting out here for three hours I'm getting used to it...or I'm hypothermic and just don't know it" she said as they laughed.

"I think you'd know it" he said taking off his coat and wrapping it around her.

"What are you doing?" she asked "Its freezing out here" she said to him.

"I'll be alright" he said revealing another jacket on underneath.

"You're wearing two?" she asked.

"And three sweaters under this" he said "Shall we?" he asked holding his arm for her.

"Lets" she said as they walked along. �Who knew you had such a good arm� she said as she clutched a giant stuffed panda bear.

�Hey!�

�This is one of the best Valentine's Days I've had.�

�Not over yet� he said "Why don't you reach into the left pocket there?" he asked her.

"Why? Is this going to be something gross?" she asked.

"No, go on" he said as she reached into the pocket and pulling out a black velvet box. �Oh my god� she said opening the box and dropping the bear. �This is the one I saw in the jewelry store window.�

�I know� he said smiling at her.

�This is incredible, thank you� she said.

�Well, I thought who else deserves this?� he asked putting it on her.

�I love you� she said to him.

�I love you too� they said to each other before they kissed �Come on, I'll be nice and buy you a funnel cake.�

�Ooh� she said before laughing.