- Text Size +
Kellie looked at herself in the mirror, she groaned as she tried to get her jeans buttoned "come on come on" she said to herself before finally getting it, she turned to the side and looked at herself squished inside the jeans. She pulled a sweater from the closet and pulled it over her head before grabbing her backpack and heading out the door.

“Just tell me the truth” Kellie said standing to her side. 

“I don't see anything” Vicki said to her looking at her flat stomach.

“How can you not see anything? I'm huge!” she said annoyed. 

“You're insane, if I didn't know you, I wouldn't be able to tell if you were pregnant" Vicki said.

“Hey” Sasha said to them. 

“Am I fat?” Kellie asked her.

“What? No 'hello am I fat?'“ she asked. 

“You have a long way to go before you actually start to look pregnant” Vicki said to her.

"Morning ladies" Christina said to them.

"Good, Chris, am I fat?" Kellie asked, Vicki shook her head in negative gesture.

"Is this a trick question?" Christina asked.

"See?" Kellie asked plopping down.

"Hold on a minute, I see new jewelry" Sasha said to Christina.

"Oh yeah, my Valentine's present" she said sliding the pendant of her necklace back and forth across the chain.

"Wow" Vicki said holding the pendant on her fingers "Very nice".

"I was working the carnival right?" Christina asked sitting on a table top.

"I know you're insane it was freezing that night" Sasha said to her "Anyways you're at the carnival..." she said.

“Howie showed up with this huge bouquet of roses and we went all around the carnival, it was just, amazing” Christina said happily.

"That is so sweet" Vicki said.

"So cute" Sasha said to her.

"Oh speaking of cute and adorable, Brian's birthday party is next Saturday, you guys coming?" Vicki asked.

"Oh yeah we'll be there" Christina said.

"Me too" Sasha said.

"Kel?" Vicki asked looking over at her.

"I don't know" she said "I don't know if I'm ready to be around people yet" she said sullenly.

"oh Kel, nevermind what people are saying about you, just come and have fun" Christina said to her.

"People are talking about me?" Kellie asked confusedly.

"...No, course not" Christina said nervously.

Kellie whined and lied her head on Christina's shoulder "This just keeps getting better" she said.

"Kel, who cares what people think" Sasha said to her.

"Yeah just come to the party, it would mean a lot to him if you showed up" Vicki said to her.

"Plus you'd be telling people that you don't care what they think by showing up" Sasha said to her.

"I'll think about it" Kellie said.

"Okay, I'll catch you guys later" Vicki said leaving them.

"So how are you feeling?" Christina asked Kellie.

"Well now that I know that my reputation is being so positively upheld..." Kellie said irritated.

"Kel, forget them" Christina said to her.

"I Still can't keep anything down, I've been living off of crackers and dry toast and I've drank so much tea I feel like the Boston harbor" Kellie said.

Sasha laughed "Boston tea party?" she asked as they looked at her "You were making a joke" she said "Okay fine" she said before becoming quiet once more.

"Anyways..." Kellie said turning to Christina "Point is I'm miserable...and fat" she said.

"All the more reason to go to the party next Saturday" Sasha said.

"You need to start feeling like the old you again" Christina said to her.

"No I don't know" Kellie groaned.

"Kel..." CHristina said to her.

"This isn't just all about me alright? I have a baby to think of now too and what if people are smoking? I don't want to be around that" Kellie said to them.

"Would you listen to her? Sounds like a mom to me" Sasha said to her.

"Do you really think its appropriate that I go to parties while I'm pregnant?" Kellie asked.

"It's not your regular house party, its your boyfriend's cousin's birthday party, sixteen is a milestone remember?" Christina asked her.

"Yeah for us, guys could care less about turning sixteen". "I'll think about it" she said as the bell rang "Now please escort your fat friend to class" she said standing up.


March 2, 1991

Music played loudly as kids hung around the house, Brian's birthday party in full swing.

"So? What's the word? Did you get a car?" Jason asked as they poured themselves a drink.

"You kidding? My parents would never get me a car" Brian said refilling his cup and taking a drink.

"Guess who" Vicki said wrapping her arms around him from behind, he smiled and turned towards her "Happy birthday" she said as he pulled her close "I mean I know it's not actually your birthday but still" she said leaning in close to him.

"Well thank you anyways" he said kissing her "So? You going to give me this gift of yours?" he asked holding her close.

"Maybe...later...when we're alone" she said smiling seductively and walking away from him.

"Ooh...oooh" he groaned.

"Hey birthday boy" Kevin said as he and Kellie approached him.

"Oh hey, you guys made it" he said to them.

"Happy birthday" Kellie said handing him a bag.

"Thanks" Brian said hugging her "Glad you guys could make it" he said.

"Well it took some convincing on my part" Kevin said.

"Hey" Vicki said to Kellie.

"Hey" Kellie said hugging her.

"How are you feeling?" Vicki asked.

"I'm okay right now" Kellie said.

"Don't worry about anything tonight okay? I made sure everyone who wants to smoke is outside" Vicki said to her.

"You didn't have to do that" Kellie said smiling.

"Course I did, no reason you can't have a good time too" Vicki said.

"Thanks" Kellie said to her.

"So how are you?" Vicki asked.

"About as well as can be expected...tired from throwing up at all times of the night" she said as her face went blank.

"Kel?" Vicki asked.

"You okay? Want me to take you home?" Kevin asked concerned.

"No, I'm fine...I smell cake" she said looking around.

"So how you holding up with all this?" Brian asked Kevin.

"Well you know, its not exactly an ideal situation but..." he said shrugging.

"You're being really cool about this, I'm sure Kel appreciates it" Vicki said to him.

"Thanks, no really we're taking it one step at a time" Kevin said to them.

"All you can do at this point" Vicki said to him

"Yeah you're probably going to want to blow out your candles before Kel eats them along with the cake" Kevin said, they turned to look at Kellie eyeing the cake when the lights went off.

"Happy birthday to you...happy birthday to you..." everyone sang as the candles flickered as they brought the cake out. Brian blew them out, smoke billowed into the air as the lights came back on.

"So? What'd you wish for?" Jason asked.

"Duh J he can't tell you, it won't come true" Chris said to him.

"It already did, she's right here" Brian said pulling Vicki close to him.

"Ugh" Jason groaned in disgust.

"It wouldn't kill you to be romantic" Emily said to him.

"It might" Jason said to her.

"Ladies" Howie said coming up to Christina and Melissa "For you my dear" he said handing Christina a drink.

"Thank you" she said "Would you look at them?" Christina said nodding towards Vicki and Brian as they kissed.

"Ugh" Melissa groaned.

"Oh come on its sweet, they're in love" Christina said to her.

"They're not the only ones" Howie said wrapping his arm around Christina's waist.

"Ugh not you guys too" Melissa said walking away.

"Hey hon?" Vicki asked Brian "Your dad is outside and he is not happy" Vicki said to him.

"What? He knew we were having the party tonight" Brian said to her.

"Still I think you should go talk to him" she said.

"Alright" he sighed before going outside.

"Five...four...three...two..." Vicki said counting.

"OH MY GOD!" she heard him yell from outside.

They all rushed outside to see what was going on and they saw a car in the driveway, they all gathered around.

"I can't believe this...how is this possible?" he asked.

"Thank your girlfriend" his dad said as Vicki came to his side.

"Happy birthday" she said kissing him.

"You did this?" he asked in disbelief.

"Well I may have talked your parents into the fact that you were responsible and mature enough to handle a car" she said.

"I love you so much" he said kissing her.

As everyone filed back into the house, Brian took Vicki's hand and led her upstairs to his room.

"Who moved the party up here?" she asked as he pulled her inside.

"Just where they told me it would be" he said as they kissed, he gently pushed her up against the door.

"Come on you have people downstairs" she said as he kissed her neck.

"Lets make 'em wait" he said kissing her once more "No I brought you up for a reason" he said going to his desk and opening a drawer.

"I was going to wait to give you this but after what you did for me and the whole car thing...I want you to have it now" he said handing her and envelope with a pink ribbon around it.

"Why are you giving me presents on your birthday?" Vicki asked.

"That's the thing, its not my birthday" he said to her.

She untied the ribbon and opened the envelope "Oh my god" she said "Poison tickets?" she asked "Oh my god!" she squealed before hugging him "I can't believe it, how did you get these?" she asked.

"Stood in line in the rain for four hours with Chris and Jason as they argued over who could beat who in a fight between Freddy Krueger and Jason".

"Oh my god, I can't believe this!" she said happily "Oh thank you so much" she said hugging him.

"Anything for you" he said touching his forehead to hers "I know a way you can thank me" he said holding her close.

"Oh don't worry I'll thank you" Vicki said to him.

"Oh yeah?" he asked pulling her closer.

"Oh yeah...after the concert" she said as he groaned. She opened the door and pulled him along as she left the room.

"Thanks for coming guys" Brian said.

"Happy Birthday" Christina said as she and Howie left the party.

"So you have fun tonight?" Howie asked as they walked back to her house.

"Yeah, I'm just hoping Kel had fun" Christina said to him.

"She looked like she was having a good time...look at you, so worried about everyone else" Howie said smiling.


"She's my best friend" Christina siad to him.

"I know, I know, its nice...one of the things I love about you" he said, she smiled.