- Text Size +
Melissa spotted Christina at her locker "Chris" she said in a harsh whisper as she approached her.

"Hey what's up?" Christina asked "Kel okay?"

"No" Melissa said to her "Which is why I need to talk to you."

"What's going on?" Christina asked her.

"Shh...come here!" Melissa said pulling her into the janitor supply closet.

"Couldn't we have done this in the bathroom?" Christina asked.

"Kel's in there" Melissa said "Chris, you are never going to believe what's going on."

"What?" Christina asked.

"Okay now you can't tell anyone" Melissa said.

"Course not, what is it?" Christina asked eagerly.

"Kel's pregnant" Melissa said quietly, leaning in close to Christina.

"What?!" Christina said loudly.

"Shhh!!!" Melissa said to her.

"She's pregnant? Are you sure?" Christina asked her.

"I was there when she took the test" Melissa said.

"My god...I can't believe it, she's pregnant?" Christina asked, Melissa nodded "God, poor Kel, is she okay?"

"Course she's not okay, she just had the shock of her life" Melissa said to her.

"Well what's she going to do?" Christina asked her.

"She doesn't know" Melissa said shrugging.

"Does Kev know about it?" Christina asked.

"She's telling him today after school" Melissa said.

"Wow...what about her parents?" Christina asked.

"No, no one knows, which is why you can't say anything!" Melissa said to her.

"No, I won't" Christina then pulled Vicki into the girls' room, ducking down to check under the stalls.

"Christina" Vicki said to her irritated.

"Sorry, this is huge" Christina said setting her books on the sink.

"Ooh dirt, spill" Vicki said to her excitedly.

"Kellie's pregnant" Christina said.

"What?!" Vicki asked "Oh my god, are you kidding me?" she asked once again in surprise.

Christina shook her head "Miss told me, she was there with Kellie when she took the test".

"Wow...I can't believe it...that is so...wow" Vicki said to her.

"I know! god if I thought any of us got pregnant it'd be you" Christina said in a joking manner.

"Hey!" Vicki said irritated, glaring at her.

"Well come on Vicki..." Vicki shot her a glare "Sorry, you cannot tell anyone about this" Christina said to her.

"Do her parents know?" Vicki asked.

"No, well except for Miss...and me...and now you" Christina said.

"Wow" Vicki said.

"I know" the bell rang "Now remember you can't tell anyone" Christina said to her in a warning tone.

"Well of course not!" Vicki said as they left the bathroom. "Sash" Vicki said as she approached her at lunch.

"Hey" Sasha said sitting at their table.

"Come with me I need to tell you something" Vicki said as they got up and snuck behind a corner. "You are not going to believe what Chris told me" she said to Sasha.

"What is it?" Sasha asked.

"Kel is pregnant" Vicki said quietly.

"Kel? As in Kellie? our Kel?" Sasha asked in disbelief.

"Yes" Vicki said.

"Oh my god! How did that happen?" she asked as Vicki looked at her.

"Really?" Vicki asked.

"No, I know how it happens but...oh my god, seriously?" Sasha asked once again.

"Yes" Vicki said in a harsh whisper.

"Wow...I always thought it'd be you..." Sasha said to her.

"Why does everyone keep saying that?!" Vicki asked irritated.

"Hey" Kellie said to them "What are you guys doing out here?" they looked at each other nervously "Who told you?" she asked angrily.

"She did" Sasha said pointing to Vicki.

"Chris told me" Vicki said to Kellie.

"Chris? Ugh Melissa!" she said angrily.

"Are you okay?" Sasha asked her.

"Well I would be a lot better if the whole world didn't know!" Kellie said.

"How do you feel?" Vicki asked.

"Sick" she said sliding down the wall and sitting down on the floor.

"Do you know what you're going to do?" Vicki asked as she and Sasha sat next to her.

"No, I haven't had a chance to think about that yet, my mind is still processing the fact that I have another human being growing inside me" she said.

"Its going to be okay" Sasha said.

"Yeah, you have options" Vicki said to her.

"I know, adoption, abortion, keeping the baby...its all too much right now". "I'm trying to prepare myself for when I tell him" she said.

"When are you?" Sasha asked.

"Today, after school" Kellie said to her.

"And your parents?" Vicki asked.

"Never" Kellie said to her.

~*~



After school that day Kellie took a seat on the bleachers and waited for Kevin to show up.

"Hey" Melissa said to her sitting down.

"What are you doing here?" Kellie asked as Melissa took a seat next to her.

"I told you I'd be here, how do you feel?" Melissa said setting her backpack down.

"Sick" Kellie said putting a hand on her stomach.

"You'll be fine" Melissa said to her.

"I really appreciate this Miss but, I think I need to do this alone" Kellie said to her.

"No problem, call me later okay?" Melissa asked standing up from the bleachers.

"Yeah, thanks" Kellie said as she walked down the center stairway.

"Kel?" Kevin asked as he climbed the bleachers.

"Hi, thanks for meeting me up here" she said hugging him.

"Sure, but aren't you cold?" he asked rubbing her arms.

"I'm alright" she said shrugging.

"Well here" he said wrapping his coat around her "So, what's going on?" he asked pushing a loose strand of her hair behind her ear.

"Okay look I have to tell you something but I just don't know how" she said nervously.

"Just say it, what's wrong?" he asked reaching for her hand.

"Okay, I've been feeling really sick lately" she said, her voice began to squeak.

"Yeah I know, what is it the flu or something?" he asked concerned.

"No, but that's what I thought at first" she said shaking her head.

"So what's wrong?" she took a deep breath and brushed a tear away "Don't cry, it can't be that bad."

She nodded as more tears fell "I'm pregnant" he fell silent "I'm sorry" she said tearfully before he held her.

"Its okay" he said to her before she began sobbing "Its okay, its going to be alright" he said holding her.

"I'm so sorry, this wasn't supposed to happen" she said crying.

"Shh...hey, calm down" he said handing her a tissue "Come on we're going to be okay, we'll figure something out" he said softly.

"Why aren't you freaking out?!" she asked offended, wiping her tears away.

"Well no offense but you're doing it for me" he said "How?" he asked.

"You were there!" she said to him.

"No I mean when?" he asked.

"A few weeks ago? Night of Al-AJ's birthday party?" she asked.

"It happens that fast?" he asked confused.

"How do we tell our parents?" she asked.

"We'll tell them together alright? Don't worry everything will be alright" he said hugging her again.


~*~



They sat in his car in silence "We don't have to do this now, we can wait" he said to her.

"No, no we have to do it" she said "Okay" she said taking a deep breath and wiping tears away "You ready?"

"Yeah" he said.

The front door opened and they went in "Mom?" Kellie called out.

"In here" her mom said from the kitchen, they slowly approached the kitchen, her mom said at the table with a cup of tea in her hand.

"Hi mom" she said.

"Hi" her mom said.

"We need to talk to you, its important" she said nervously.

"Yeah I think we do, have a seat" she said.

They sat down "Mrs. Mitchell I just want to say that we never intended for anything like this to happen" Kevin said to her.

"Mom, something happened yesterday and I think you should know" Kellie said to her.

"You're pregnant" her mom said sadly.

"How did you know?" Kellie asked.

"Your father found the test in the trash this morning" she said sadly.

"Daddy knows?" Kellie asked terrified.

"Yes he does" his voice boomed behind her, she closed her eyes as a single tear fell.

"Daddy...I..." she started to say her father lunged at Kevin "Daddy!" Kellie squealed as he grabbed him.

"Ken! Go upstairs and wait for me! Go!" Lynda demanded, he stomped up the steps and slammed the door."Kev,I would like to talk to my daughter alone, meanwhile I think you should go home and tell your parents I'm sure they'd like to know".

"Yes Mrs. Mitchell, I'm really sorry" he said leaving, giving Kellie a kiss on the cheek.

She sat with Kellie at the table "So..."

"Mom, I'm...." Kellie began to say when her mom interrupted her.

"Kellie I thought we taught you better than this".

"I'm so sorry" she said sobbing "I didn't want this to happen, you have to believe me".

Her mom held her as she cried "Oh Kellie" she said hugging her.

"Do you hate me?" Kellie asked in a whimper.

"I could never" she said holding her tight. She wiped her own tears away "Why don't you go lie down until dinner time" she said patting her shoulder.

"Okay" Kellie went up the steps and could hear a faint sobbing coming from her father's den, she listened outside for a couple minutes "I'm sorry daddy" she whispered before running to her room.