- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Come and join Brian for a walk in the mountains!
He went out for some groceries like bread and coffee and then took off to go hiking. He had a map of the area and as he went into the cable cars, the Komperdell Bahn, he checked the map to see where he wanted to go.

He decided to do the “Panorama Genussweg”. It was a family trail with beautiful views. Halfway down the trail there was a little mountain restaurant which he wanted to go to for lunch.

He got off the cable car at the Mittelstation and soon discovered a sign which said which way to go to the trail. The view was amazing. So awesome. While walking he felt that this was all he needed. The cold fresh air on his skin, the sun was shining and behind every corner there was another different breath taking view. It was like he was there all alone except for the soft sound of cow bells, he heard from a distance. He looked to see if he could trace where the sound came from. Screening the alps he saw a herd of mountain cows grazing. It made him feel happy in a weird way. The sound of the bells had something uplifting and the cows seemed all in peace and happy to have that kind of freedom. They showed pride, like they owned the alps. What a difference it was with the cows back home in the States. He then saw someone with the cows carrying what seemed to be a bag and a large stick. He sat on the grass at the foot of the alp. Brian wondered how it would be, being a cow shepherd. Everyday up on the mountain with a lot of cows, at least in until winter. The fans would definitely go nuts. They would probably follow him up on the mountain trying to talk him out of it and the boys would probably think he suffered from a mental illness, he smiled. But he really did thought of how it would be. Having that lifestyle. It wasn’t exactly something he’d see himself doing but he was definitely interested in who did it, out of curiosity.

In reality there were, of course, other hikers who took the same trail but it wasn’t annoying. All was good. It felt as if the stress and pain he went through slowly started to fade. That was the reason he went down here. Kevin and Kristin had been here on holiday during the period they tried to conceive a second child. Kevin told him the vacation really made him experience inner peace and relaxation. As if he had been meditating all day. When he told him he thought that Kev was exaggerating, but being here up at almost 2000 meters height he experienced the same feeling. He made a mental note to text him about it. After half an hour he reached the cable cart station from both the Sunliner as the Waldbahn. From there on it was approximately another 15 minute walk to the Moseralm Summer Funpark. He really enjoyed the walk. How was it possible. Normally when he went on holidays it took at least a week to release stress and sometimes even longer to let the things of everyday life go, but here it was like magic. He went outside, up in the mountains and in an instant all stress seemed to evaporate. Maybe I should buy a house here, he thought with a grin.

When he reached the mountain restaurant at Moseralm he enjoyed a nice bowl of spaghetti and a fresh salad. The food was great. All you could wish for, they had it. It actually amazed him that there was so much choice. All the supplies had to be brought up the mountain on a daily basis. They probably had a great logistic system which made them able to do it. He wanted to ask Geli about it tonight. That was something he was interested in since he was younger. Most people didn’t knew this about him. The fans certainly didn’t. It wasn’t interesting for them to know anyway, he figured. The same thing with the cable cars. To get them here on the mountain meant somebody (or several people) went up years ago, with danger for his life, to prepare the mountain to install some kind of cable car. All so that the people of the village could go up on the mountain without having to spend so much time actually getting there. Now many years later the cable cars where part of the infrastructure and a central point within tourism in that area.

After he finished his lunch and rested a little, he went further on with the trail. He made sure he took some extra water for the road. Until the Moseralm he’d been walking at 2000 meter height. From there on to the end of the trail, which ended in the little village Ladis, the trail descended approximately 900 meters down. Along with that the view and the environment changed from nice open alps higher up the mountain to beautiful dark woods with pineapple trees further down the trail.

Again he enjoyed the trail. The changing surroundings made him feel like he was in a different world. After a while he arrived at the restaurant at Frommes Alp. He drank coffee there with a local specialty called “apfelstrudl mit sahne”. It was a delicious Austrian pastry with apple and thick whipped cream. He could’ve chose for vanilla sauce, instead of the whipped cream, but today he felt like whipped cream. Maybe tomorrow, he smiled when he thought it. How amazing was that. Tomorrow there was another day like this. Heck, the next 3 months would be like this, awesome. A feeling of joy came up and Brian was thankful for that.

He paid for the coffee and the pastry and continued the trail. There weren’t any restaurants between Frommes Alp and Ladis. Brian finished that last part, and also the longest part of the trail, without any breaks. The reason for the little rush was that if he took more time he wouldn’t be able to make it back in time to meet Geli.

After another hour he finally reached Ladis. A small village at 1180 meters height. He’d really wanted to spend more time there but he had to get back to Serfaus. He went back to Fiss with the Sonnenbahn, which connected Ladis and Fiss with the cable car line. In the center of Fiss he had to walk for 10 minutes to the Waldbahn. From there the cable car would lead him to the Sunliner and that one took him back to Serfaus.

Around 4:30 in the afternoon he was back at his apartment.
Chapter End Notes:
I wanted to use this chapter to let you get to know Brian a little more. And what better way than through a lang walk, right. I hope you enjoyed it. I'd love to read your thoughts.