- Text Size +
"Okay, come on you can do it" a therapist said to Damien as he held on to a set of bars, trying to walk "Remember, slow, small steps" the therapist said as.

Damien huffed and puffed trying to take his first steps "This is pointless" he growled at the therapist.

"It is not, look at you" he said "Come on, you can do this" sweat glistened on his forehead, grasping on to the bars tightly. He made it to the end of the runway "Alright, now come back" the therapist said as he started over again.

"I can't do it!" Damien yelled angrily "Forget it, I'll stay in a wheelchair the rest of my life" he said dropping to the floor.

"Damien...you know what? You're right, you can't do this" the therapist as he began to pack up his bag.

"Told you" Damien said.

"You know it's too bad too, I thought you were a football player" he said.

"I was...I was a damn good football player" Damien said.

"Not according to your father" the therapist said,
Damien could feel anger rise in him. "He said you could never compare to your brother...you were always weaker...less talented" he smiled to himself, glancing back at Damien. He was huffing in anger, struggling to stand up, he got to his feet. He held tightly onto the bars and walked down the runway. "I told you you could do it" the therapist said to him "Just needed a little motivation" he said "I want you to do that once a day for a week, when I come back next week we'll take the next step" the therapist said leaving the room.


~*~



Kyle felt his pocket vibrate and pulled his phone out "Hello?" he asked.

"Kyle? it's me, Zoey" she said.

"Oh hey" he said smiling "What's up?" he asked.

"Well I got your message" she said.

"Oh...and?" he asked nervously.

"I'd love to be your date for the prom" she said.

He silently cheered to himself "Really?" he asked.

"Yeah, I was surprised you called actually" she said.

"Well there's no one else I'd rather go with" he said as she smiled. The backdoor opened, Bradley and Neilson came into the house "Hey uh, I got to go, can I call you later?" he asked.

"Yeah that'd be great" Zoey said.

"Okay, bye" he said.

"Bye" she said hanging up.

"What are you so happy about?" Bradley asked.

"I got a date for prom" Kyle said "Speaking of which...hello fellow prom king nominee" Kyle said to Bradley.

"Yeah funny how that happened huh?" Bradley asked glaring at Neilson, Neilson smiled sheepishly at him.

"Well may the best man win" Kyle said to him.

"Yeah right" Bradley said.

“I take it that means you’re actually going to prom?” Kyle asked.

“Yeah Wexler wants me to DJ” Bradley said “Speaking of which… I need some ideas for music, what do your people listen to?" Bradley asked.

"My people?" Kyle asked.

"Yeah you know…idiots" Bradley said.

"I'll make you a list" Kyle said irritated.

"Cool, thanks" Bradley said to him.

“Yeah but you gotta help me with something too” Kyle said.

“Like what?” Bradley asked scoffing.

“Okay, say I needed to make Adam happy…how would I go about that?” Kyle asked.

Bradley and Neilson looked at each other in confusion before stopping to think about it.

“Is Adam actually capable of happiness?” Neilson asked.

“I’m not sure…that’s why I need ideas” Kyle said.

“Making Adam happy…” Bradley said “well…I don’t know how you’re going to kill Harry…” he said.

“Who wants to kill me?” Harry asked coming down the kitchen steps.

“Who doesn’t?” Neilson said as he and Bradley went into the living room.

“Why am I being killed?” Harry asked as Bradley and Neilson left the kitchen.

“You’re not, don’t worry about it” Kyle said.

“Well before anyone does kill me, I’m going to the library" Harry said "Got to finish studying for finals" he said.

“Hey wait… can I talk to you about something?" Kyle asked.

"Sure" Harry said to him.

"Okay but I need you to be objective here" Kyle said to him.

"I'll try" Harry said to him "What's up?" he asked.

"Okay...how do you think Adam would react when I tell him I asked Zoey to be my date for prom?" Kyle asked.

Harry's face dropped in horror and paled "Dear god man what is wrong with you?!" he asked.

"What?!" Kyle asked.

"Oh come on you know how he is about Zoey! Remember what happened when he caught you guys kissing that time?!" Harry asked. "What about when he found out you slept with her? If we weren’t being held prisoner at the time I guarantee he would’ve killed you.”

"I thought I told you to be objective?" Kyle asked.

"Kyle, we've known Adam our whole lives you know how he is" Harry said.

"Know how who is?" Adam asked coming in behind Harry.

Harry squealed "See?!" he asked.

"What are you guys talking about?" Adam asked, they looked at each other nervously.

"Prom" Kyle blurted out.

"Yeah prom, good one" Harry said to him.

"Aww, you girls going to get your hair did together?" Adam asked sitting at the kitchen table.

"No!" Kyle said to him "I was just asking Harry who he is going with" Kyle said to him.

"I don't think you're allowed to bring your mom as a date" Adam said to him.

"It's not my mom!" Harry said irritated “I got to get to the library” Harry said picking up his school bag.

"Later" Kyle said as the door closed “What about you? Who are you taking to the prom?” Kyle asked.

“I don’t think I’m going” Adam said.

“Why not?” Kyle asked.

Adam scoffed “Can you see me at a prom?” he asked.

“…Good point” Kyle said “Come on it’ll be fun.”

“Oh yeah sure for you Mr. Teen USA” Adam said.

Kyle raised his eyebrows at him “Oh well excuse me” he said irritated “You don’t necessarily have to ask someone you can always go stag” Kyle said.

“What you don’t think I can get a date? I can get a date” Adam said.

“I never said you couldn’t” Kyle said “But you better act fast time’s running out” Kyle said to him.

“You know who you want to ask?” Kyle asked.

"I was thinking of Nat's friend Wendy" Adam said.

"Really? Wendy huh?" Kyle asked intrigued.

"Oh yeah, she’s in drama, she’s pretty cool” Adam said.

“Well great, ask her tomorrow” Kyle said to him.

“Yeah…yeah I’ll ask her” Adam said "What about you? Adam asked, Kyle looked at him nervously.

"Uh...she doesn't go to our school" Kyle said getting up from the table.

"Who is she? Do I know her?" Adam asked.

"Oh I think you do" Kyle said to him.

~*~


Damien sat at a laptop in his bedroom trolling the high school's website "2010 yearbooks on sale, get your copy today!" an ad at the top read. He saw a link that lead to a page for the prom, he clicked on it. "Hilridge High School Senior Prom, Saturday May 15, 2010, Cambridge Grand Hotel" the page read. "Music by the senior class' very own Bradley J. Littrell" he read, he scoffed to himself, rolling his eyes as he read.

"Damien?" Darren asked, Damien quickly shut the top of his laptop.

"Hey" he said to Darren.

"What were you doing?" Darren asked.

"Nothing uh...look I know I have no reason to ask you for anymore favors with everything you've done..." Damien said.

"What? Course you do, whatever you need, name it" Darren said to him.

"I need you to go to Hilridge" Damien said.

"What?" Darren asked.

"I need you to go to the school and just swipe one of the yearbooks for me" Damien said to him.

"No, Damien that's not a good idea" Darren said to him.

"Please?" Damien asked.

"You know the therapist..." Darren said to him.

"Screw the therapist! Come on this was supposed to be my senior year, the best year of my life and instead its..." he said catching himself. "I'm missing out on graduating with my class, on senior prom...I want something" Damien said to him.

"If anyone sees me there..." Darren said nervously.

"They won't" Damien said "They always put the yearbooks out in the cafeteria the night before, all you have to do is sneak in and take one".

Darren sighed deeply "Fine" he said.

"Really?" Damien asked surprised.

"Yes, but this is it...no more trips back to Hilridge, you hear me?" Darren asked.

"I promise" Damien said to him "Thanks" he said to Darren.

~*~


“Hey” Natalie said as she came inside the house.

“Here she is, our future prom queen" Neilson said as he and Bradley sat on the couch.

"Yeah...how did that happen exactly?" she asked suspiciously.

"People nominated you" Neilson said to her.

"Really? People?" she asked.

"Yes?" he asked.

"Would these people be you and your trusty sidekick over there?" she asked nodding towards Bradley.

“Trust me Nat if I had any part in his stupid scheme I would’ve broken his fingers before he was able to write my name on a ballot slip” Bradley said irritated.

“Wait…Neilson nominated you for prom king?” Natalie asked amused “Aww, that’s so sweet” she said.

“Shut up” Bradley said as she laughed.

"Believe it or not I really don't care about being prom queen" she said to them.

"Yes you do, I know you say that but I know you do" Neilson said to her.

"How do you know that?" she asked.

"Because you've told me over and over how your mom queen of her senior prom" he said. "And maybe if you won you'd be carrying on a tradition or something" he said.

"Yeah...I guess you're right...it would be nice to be noticed for a change" she said.

"See? You want to be queen" Neilson said to her.

"Plus I would love to see the look on Tara and Sophie's faces if I won over the head cheerleader and her minion" Natalie said.

"So? Do I get points for this?" Neilson asked.

"We'll see" she said as they kissed.

"This prom stuff is so overrated" Bradley said.

"Says the man who doesn't have a date" Neilson said.

"Still?" Natalie asked.

"Bradley come on, this is senior prom just ask someone" Natalie said to him.

"There's no one I really want to ask besides it's too late now" he said.

"Oh please you could get a date, I don't know if you're aware of this, but you're hot" Natalie said to him.

"I do know that" Bradley said.

"I'll find you someone" Natalie said.

"No, no!" Bradley said to her "Don't be pimping me out again" he said.

“Come on you have to go, you're a prom king nominee...what if you win?" she asked.

"I never said I wasn't going" Bradley said to her "Wexler wants me to DJ" he said to her.

"Oh, well...yay, I should probably help you with the music though" she said.

"I don't need help" Bradley said to her.

"Bradley not everyone listens to Motley Crue" she said to him.

"Well maybe they should!" Bradley said to her.

"WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!" Bradley, Neilson and Natalie heard Adam yell in the kitchen.

"What's that about?" Natalie asked.

“Guess Kyle couldn’t figure out a way to make Adam happy” Bradley said.

“You mean he’s capable of getting happy?” Natalie asked.

“We’ve never actually seen it happen so we’re not completely sure” Bradley said to her.

Kyle stumbled into the living room "Calm down" Kyle said keeping him at arm’s length.

"Calm down...CALM DOWN?!" Adam asked angrily.

"Nice going Kyle you woke up the beast" Bradley said to him.

"You are NOT taking Zoey to the prom!" Adam yelled at him.

"Ooooooh!" Bradley and Neilson said in a high pitch voice.

"Go Kyle" Bradley said.

"Ready for round two huh?" Neilson asked.

"I'm going to kill you" Adam said inching his way towards Kyle.

"What's happening here?" Natalie asked.

"Kyle hooked up with Adam’s cousin Zoey" Bradley said.

"Oh he's dead" Natalie said.

"It's too late now! She already accepted, what do you want me to do?"

"Call and tell her you can't go, tell her you're busy" Adam said to him.

"Busy doing what?" Kyle asked.

"Going to your funeral!" Adam said angrily as he chased after Kyle.