- Text Size +
Once they got back to the house they were relieved to find everyone still in one piece. Nick thanked Mason profusely for holding down the fort and promised to write a letter to Santa himself telling him how great of a big brother he truly was. That elicited quite the response from the child, throwing his arms around Nick so quickly that he almost sent them crashing to the floor. Nick was shocked, but quite touched that Mason was so happy. He'd tried desperately to connect with both of Kevin's kids, wanting them to eventually see him as another father figure, an adult completely on their side and routing for them too. While they chatted and played games together, there wasn't any real emotional contact between them. To have Mason throw himself in to Nick's arms warmed him in a way he hadn't been aware he needed. Kevin watched the whole interaction, thanking his lucky stars that they could get to this place together, all of them.

Nick started dinner while Kevin helped get the kids washed up and ready to eat. Nick took notice of his mood. While he was present and helpful with the kids, he still had an air of detachment from everything. Nick once again cursed Brian for planting the seed of doubt that was most definitely blossoming in the other man. Nick was determined to make sure he ripped it out by the root, as soon as they had the ability to be alone. No one was going to make Kevin feel like second best, or that he was anything less than the most important thing in Nick's life, at least not if Nick could help it. While he was a little hurt by Kevin immediately thinking the worst, he completely understood where he was coming from.

Hell, Nick was probably the most insecure person anyone had ever met. It was important to understand that about yourself he supposed. He knew if the tables had been turned, if someone else that Kevin had been close to suddenly wanted him, Nick knew he would head down a very dark spiral of self doubt and loathing. He already felt like he wasn't good enough for the older man most of the time. Someone else wanted him, loving him, Nick knew he wouldn't be able to handle it, at least nowhere near as well as Kevin seemed to be doing.

Nick finished the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches as Kevin came back into the kitchen. He smirked as he peered over at the plates. "We need to buy stock in peanut butter." he teased as he grabbed a couple of plates and headed to the table.

"Hey! Neither of us feel like cooking and at least the kids will have dinner." Nick said pouting.

Kevin held up his hands in defense. "Hey I'm not judging, I like peanut butter. All I am saying is it might be a good place to diversity our portfolio. We buy this shit in bulk and we still seem to be running out of it all the time."

"You'd better love peanut butter!" Nick threatened, his lip protruding further as he continued to pout.

Kevin crossed the room and took the younger man in his arms. Leaning down he nipped at the pouted lip before taking the lower one into his mouth. They kissed deeply, Nick wrapping his arms around Kevin's neck and bringing him closer. They were interrupted a moment later by Nick's cell phone ringing and three kids bombarding into the room, Odin laughing as the two older boys chased him through the kitchen and under the table, laughing and shrieking all the way. Kevin pulled away and smiled down at the blonde. "Never a dull moment around here."

Nick smiled before leaning up and pecking him quickly on the lips. "I wouldn’t want it any other way."

Kevin smiled as he turned to the children clambering over the kitchen chairs in their game of chase. "Who wants pb&js!"

The cheers from the kids were fierce and Nick chuckled as he answered his cell phone. He glanced at Kevin, his eyes growing wide and quickly ducked out of the room. Kevin caught the look on Nick’s face and felt a twinge of fear take hold again. Pushing down the momentary panic he surveyed the room around him. Odin was hiding under the table, while Mason and Maxwell kept trying to grab him from where they sat in their seats. All the boys were flushed and all smiles. Brotherhood was a beautiful thing. Kevin thought about his own brothers, the rest of the fellas and how he wouldn't trade any of this for a different life. It was true, there really was not a dull moment in this crazy nut house.

About twenty minutes later Nick reentered the kitchen. Kevin took notice of Nick's face and shot him a look. Nick shook his head, "We'll talk later.” Nick quickly grabbed his own sandwich and sat down next to Odin to make sure he finished his dinner. Saoirse was playing in the remnants of her sandwich smearing peanut butter all over her cheeks and the high chair tray. Kevin smiled as he surveyed the table. This was a nuthouse, but he was damn proud of it and he would do everything in his power to keep it protected.

--

After a shower, due to a very rowdy bath time leaving him soaked and covered in baby shampoo, Nick was exhausted and wanted nothing more than to curl himself around the older man and forget the world and all the pressure it wanted to constantly put them under. Kevin wasn't in the bedroom when he came out of the shower, but it was still early so Nick hadn't expected him to be laying down yet. Pulling on a pair of sweatpants he decided to forgo the shirt and ran his fingers through his growing hair. Seriously, a haircut would be in order the next time he had to venture out to meet the lawyer. He checked the baby monitor quickly to make sure the kids were still sleeping before slipping out of the bedroom and making his way downstairs. He found Kevin in the living room, stretched out on the couch with a book in hand. He glanced up as Nick walked in and smiled. "Now this is something I can get used to." Kevin said softly, placing his book on the coffee table.

Nick stretched out on the couch beside him pressing his back against Kevin's chest and laying his head against his shoulder. Kevin's arms came around him and taking both of Nick's hands in his. The action was both firm and comforting. "What's that?" Nick asked absent-mindedly, playing with the fingers of Kevin's hand. Kevin caught Nick's fingers in his own and squeezed softly. "You, walking around here without a shirt on. You're damn sexy, baby"

Nick chuckled and shook his head. "Doubtful. I was just too lazy to go and find one and I knew the kids were asleep."

"Well whatever the reason is, I'm thankful. I like seeing you this way." Kevin said, as he moved their clasped hands to begin rubbing small circles across Nick's stomach.

Nick pressed himself further back into the older man and felt Kevin's grip on his tighten. His eyes drifted closed as he got lost in the feeling of his lover. The touches were calming and intimate. Kevin was silent for several moments, concentrating only on relaxing the blonde with his hands. As he felt the tension in Nick's body leave he himself began to relax. They'd had a hell of a day and Kevin for one was glad it was over. His mind was still spinning however about Brian and what to do about it. For now, he was just so very thankful that Nick had made it clear that no matter what Brian thought or felt, that it wouldn't interfere with them or stand in the way of them being together.

He watched the way Nick stared at their hands, quiet but content. He knew one of them would have to bring up the phone call, probably Brian too. He just wasn’t sure how much energy he had to get through it all tonight. He was tired, so damn tired of fighting. It seemed like they were constantly on an uphill battle. What he wouldn’t give for just one month of peace. One month for them to have the chance to see how far they could fall, how close they could grow without a million things flying at them at once. He knew he was being ridiculous. Nothing mattered, except the fact they were together. He also knew, honestly believed, that together they were strong enough to get through anything.

“What’s going on Nicky,” he asked softly, breaking the silence.

Nick sighed and pushed his face closer to Kevin’s chest. He didn’t answer at first, just inhaled the scent of the older man, cherishing these quiet moments. “The lawyer called. That’s who was on the phone earlier. They got a phone call from the social worker. They want to come and do a home visit on Friday.”

Kevin nodded. “Okay, we knew this was going to happen. What’s got you so upset?”

Nick tilted his head back and looked up into the green eyes he loved so much. “I’m just scared Kev. If this doesn’t go well, I could lose my chance at custody. I could lose my kids. I don’t know how I can go on without them here with me.” Nick’s head dropped back down to look at their hands.

Kevin leaned down and dropped a kiss on Nick’s forehead. “Everything is going to go just fine baby. Our home is safe, we have plenty of food and money to take care of these kids. We’re going to be just fine. I understand it’s scary. Hell I would be scared shitless, but we’re in this together. From start to finish, it’s you and me.”

Nick smiled softly. “Our home huh?” he asked smiling up at Kevin.

“Of course our home. What do you mean?”

“I guess I still view it as your home, and we’re just staying here.” Nick said, avoiding his eyes.

Kevin struggled to sit up, pushing Nick into a sitting position as he went. Nick leaned up and shifted on the couch until his back was against the cushions. Kevin reached over and cupped his cheek, moving Nick’s head to make the other man look at him. “This house is not mine. This house is ours. We are building a life here, a family here. Everything of mine is yours. I hope you know that. There is no me without you anymore.” Kevin said honestly.

Nick blinked back tears and smiled softly. “I don’t have much to offer you, but whatever I have is yours. I love you, Kevin.”

Kevin reached out and pulled Nick closer to him. Nick scooted and shifted on the couch until he was in Kevin’s lap, his legs curling behind the older man. Kevin laid his head against Nick’s forehead and kissed his nose. “All I want is you baby, every day, forever.”

Nick felt his cheeks flush as he leaned in and brushed his lips against the older man's. What he intended to be a short, sweet kiss quickly turned into more as he felt Kevin's tongue against his lips, begging for entrance. Nick opened his mouth and quickly fell into the feelings Kevin created as his hands wrapped around Kevin's neck. He could feel the other man's arms wrap low around his back, pulling him even closer. His shirtless chest was already warm and the feeling of Kevin's touch in his naked skin felt like fire licking at his flesh. He moaned out, not even realizing he'd done so as he shifted his hips in Kevin's lap.

As their kiss deepened he felt Kevin's hips rise up to meet his, their erections rubbing against each other softly. Another moan escaped Nick and he broke their kiss to gasp in air as he began to move his hips back and forth, causing a delicious friction against the other man. Kevin's head fell back against the couch cushion as he continued to raise his hips to meet Nick's. Taking the opportunity in front of him, Nick scooted even closer and continued to ground his hips down against the older man as his mouth found its purchase against the soft ivory skin of Kevin's neck. He bit and sucked along the length of Kevin's neck, groaning every time Kevin's rock hard erection pressed into his own. What was meant to be a comforting hug between lovers was quickly turning into much, much more as Nick's body betrayed him and begged Kevin for touch and release. Kevin moaned then and reached up and grabbed the back of Nick's head before bringing their mouths together in a searing kiss. "Need you. Now." Kevin grunted against Nick's lips. Nick smiled and kissed him back before nodding.

Before Nick could even process what was happening he felt himself lifted up and then thrown back down on the length of the couch. He smirked up at Kevin, the smirk dying quickly at the look on Kevin's face. Kevin tore off his own t-shirt and his pants quickly followed. Before Nick knew what was happening his pajama bottoms were yanked off and his was stretched out naked on the couch. He didn't even have a second to be embarrassed or object before Kevin was on him, his knees on either side of Nick's hips and his cock grinding down wonderfully against Nick's own. He cried out, his head falling back into the soft leather, no longer caring where they were as long as he could continue to feel this man move against him. Kevin began placing kisses all across Nick's chest, paying extra attention to his nipples as he went. Nick bucked up against him, wanting to get closer, wanting anything more from the older man. "I love you baby." Kevin said as he looked up from licking a path down Nick's stomach. Nick looked down and groaned at the look of lust and love mixing in Kevin's electric green eyes.

"God baby, I love you so much." Nick said before dropping his head back against the seat of the couch. The way Kevin was touching, caressing every inch of his skin was making it hard to breath, let alone talk.

Kevin continued down with his kisses, skipping over the place Nick wanted him most. He kissed along Nick's thighs and then sat back on his heels. "You ready baby?" he asked softly, his fingers drifting down the curve of Nick's ass and teasing along his crack. "Oh shit baby," he moaned as Kevin's finger brushed his puckered entrance. He shifted his hips down hard trying anything to get closer to the fingers and the wonderful feelings they brought to his body.

"I'll take that as a yes." Kevin said smiling. He looked around the room and smiled when his eyes fell on the basket of baby supplies they kept in the living room. Getting up from the couch he crossed to the bookcase and rooted around in the basket until he found the baby oil. They could buy more to replace the basket supply he though smirking to himself. He turned to rejoin Nick on the couch and his breath caught in his throat. Seeing the blond stretched out, so hard and writhing on the couch waiting for him to return, waiting for his touch and affection was almost enough to make him come right there. How had he gotten so lucky to have this gorgeous man want him? It would be a question he asked himself every day for the rest of his life. Whatever it was he had done to deserve him, he would be eternally grateful.

"Baby, I'm dying here." Nick said as he propped himself up on his elbows and gazed at Kevin over the back of the couch. "What's the matter?"

Kevin shook away the thoughts and gave Nick a small smile. "Nothing baby, just thinking about whatever I did to deserve to have you here with me, just like this." He settled back on the couch between Nick's spread legs.

"I think you got that backwards baby. I'm the incredibly lucky one here. I have no idea why you love me, I'm just thankful you do." Nick answered honestly.

Kevin popped the top off the baby oil and proceeded to pour a handful into his palm. Rubbing his hands together to warm it, he grasped his cock in his hand and pumped it a few times to coat it in the slick oil. As he did he spoke. "Baby, I love you for so many reasons, one day I'll write them all down for you and whisper them against your skin while I make love to you. But right now I need you."

Nick moaned and nodded. "Me too. Fuck me baby."

Kevin needed no other encouragement. He pulled Nick's hips closer and lifted then gently before sliding a throw pillow under his butt to raise him higher off the couch. Once Nick was positioned he pressed against his entrance and sighed in relief as he slid inside the tight, warm heat of his lover. He grunted as he slid all the way inside, loving every feeling, every emotion that danced across his lover's face. Nick's eyes were closed, his head thrown back and he let out little grunts and moans and Kevin began moving inside of him. Kevin tried to keep his eyes trained on the blonde, tried to watch the pleasure in his face, but everything felt too good, too right and he found his own eyes closing as he pulled out and slammed back inside his love. The pressure built quickly, it had been an emotional day and too much teasing had put them both on the edge.

"I'm there baby," Nick managed to choke out as he wiggled against the couch cushion. Kevin groaned and thrust a couple more times and then they were both coming, releasing together, forgetting everything else and only focusing on the love between them.

Kevin pulled out and laid alongside Nick to catch his breath. Not for the first time, Kevin was thankful he'd sprung for the oversized couch when he'd replaced the living room furniture after Kristin left. He never imagined he'd need a larger sofa to hold two men over six feet tall, at the time he'd only been thinking of slumber parties with the boys, but now, now the couch size had brand new meaning and he couldn't be happier. He could feel Nick working to catch his breath beside him and smiled. He loved knowing he was the one who did that. He'd made the blonde come so hard it had taken his breath away. It was a high he never wanted to come down from. He shifted until he could place a kiss against Nick's shoulder. Nick turned his head and smiled at him, the sweetest, most satisfied smile he'd ever remembered seeing.

"Thank you for knowing exactly how to take my mind off of everything else." Nick said laughing quietly.

Kevin smiled too. "Oh, it was definitely my pleasure baby."