- Text Size +
Before Nick even had a chance to respond there was a loud banging at the door. Nick groaned as the noise bounced around the room and landed straight between his eyes. The throbbing in his head became intense once again. Kevin turned on his heel and glared through the bedroom doorway to the suite door. Leaving Nick leaning against the bed he stalked across the room and threw open the door. His anger increased as he glared at his three bandmates standing on the other side of the door.

“Nicky and Kevin sitting in a treeeeeeeee…” AJ sang out as he pushed himself into the hotel suite. “Where is he Kevin? Did you kill your husband already?” AJ cackled as he spun around looking for their younger bandmate.

“What the fuck are you talking about?” Kevin demanded, gripping the door with his hands.

Brian shook his head at the older man. “Cats out of the bag cus. You sent us all a video of your entire nuptials last night. I’m just praying to god you only sent it to the three of us.”

"I'm pissed we weren't invited to witness it first hand." AJ quipped, still spinning in circles around the room.

Brian and Howie both pushed into the room, momentarily knocking Kevin off balance in the process. He slammed the door behind them and turned to glare. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Does this ring a bell?” Howie asked, producing his phone from his pocket and queuing up a video.

Kevin stood dumbfounded as he watched a very drunk version of himself falling all over the youngest blonde. Sloppily kissing his cheeks and hanging an arm around his neck as they stood in front of the worst imitation of Elvis he had ever seen. He watched in horror as the geriatric Elvis pronounced them husbands and he turned to shove his tongue down the other man’s throat. What the hell had he been on last night?

“So it’s real? It’s not a nightmare?” a soft voice said from across the room.

They all turned to see Nick standing in the doorway of the bedroom, gripping the side of the doorframe. “I’m afraid not Kaos. Looks like you two have really done it this time.”

They all watched in horror as Nick swayed on his feet and then proceeded to crumple to the floor. Brian shot across the room and managed to get to Nick right as he hit the floor, taking Nick's head in his hands to keep him from hitting it against the doorway.

“Here we go again.” Kevin grumbled as he rolled his eyes.

Howie looked at him squarely. “What do you mean again?”

Kevin waved him off and handed back the phone. “He’s already passed out once, before you guys got here.” He said simply.

AJ and Howie turned to look at him, both displaying stares of shock and disgust. “Your husband passes out for the second time in one morning and you're not concerned?” AJ sneered at the older man.

“Oh come on. He’s just faking it for attention. And he’s not my husband so lay off.” Kevin shot back.

Howie shook his head before heading over to help Brian get Nick more comfortable on the floor. “Whether or not you want to admit it or not, You two are married so yes, technically he is your husband. No fucking clue how we’re going to spin this one.”

AJ ignored Kevin's glares and joined the other three men on the floor by the bedroom. “Do you think we should call up a doctor? Passing out twice in one morning doesn’t sound like nothing.”

Howie nodded. “I’m sure it’s nothing serious, but let’s be safe and give the residency doctor a call to have Nicky checked out.”

Kevin huffed from where he sat in the living room. “I’m telling you this is all for show so you won’t give him shit for being too drunk to stop whatever the fuck we did last night.”

“What did you do last night?” Brian shot back. “How did you two even end up in the same bar. I just don’t understand. I thought you were going back to your room.”

Kevin thought for a moment. He honestly couldn’t remember anything after their concert last night. He had no idea what he’d even drank let alone how much and forget whatever sham of a wedding he participated in. None of that was anywhere in his memory. Of course he would have remembered marrying Nick. Wouldn't he?

-

The doctor came and went. Diagnosing Nick with a severe case of dehydration. He wanted to admit him to the hospital for iv fluids to jump start his recovery but Nick had begged and pleaded promising to drink nothing but water and Gatorade around the clock to keep from having to postpone their show or go to the ER. The doctor finally relented when Brian promised he would keep a close eye on the younger man and they would take it easy on him for rehearsal that morning allowing him to maintain most of his strength for the actual show. Nick was very relieved and tried hard to ignore the huffs and rolling eyes from well… his husband.

That was a very weird thought and Nick decided almost immediately that he didn't much care for it. He still couldn't believe it had happened and couldn't wait until they could all sit down and figure out a way out of it. He still hadn't seen the video, refused to watch it when Howie tried to proffer it to him. He'd already passed out twice, he didn't need to throw up too.

He'd skipped rehearsal opting instead to take a nap and try to regain some of his strength. The upside was Kevin had left the suite and Nick could only hope that he would continue to leave him alone until they could call their management team and their lawyer to figure out how to annul the damn thing. Suddenly a terrible thought tore through him. Wasn't there a thing about marriages not being able to be annulled if they were consummated?

Oh God. If the bruises in Nick's wrists and the scratches all over his back not to mention the terrible pain in his ass were any indication, then they had definitely consummated the marriage. Unless there had been someone else Nick had been with earlier that evening. Somehow that one made even less sense to him than sleeping with Kevin. Funnily enough, even after Nick's almost constant stream of conquests over the years he couldn't ever remember a time when the act of sex itself was completely missing from his memory the night before. How come the first time he'd been with Kevin it all just magically erased from his memory? Must be some kind of freaking coping mechanism to keep his nightmares at bay. For the millionth time he wondered what the hell happened the night before. If only he could remember he was sure so many other things would make sense.

-

Kevin went through rehearsal as usual, barely noticing the absence of their fifth member. He was hot, sweaty and very irritable by the time it was over. Sitting against an amp, he dangled his feet off the side of the stage and took several deep breaths, trying to calm his racing heart. They had been going nonstop for hours and he needed to reserve energy if he was going to get through the show that evening. He didn't have the same option to laze around the hotel all day faking sick. He rolled his eyes as his thoughts drifted to Nick. He couldn't believe they all fell for that ridiculous act. Didn't they know by now that Nick would do anything he could to get out of things he didn't feel like doing. They were gullible and he wasn't going to let them make him feel guilty for being able to see through the bull shit. Nick needed to grow up and it was apparently his job to remind the man of that.

Kevin groaned as he felt the air shift around him and Brian plop down beside him. Kevin accepted the bottle of water from his outstretched hand and mumbled a thanks before opening it and downing half of it in one long pull. "You want to talk about it yet?" the blonde asked as he opened his own water to drink.

Kevin shook his head. "Nothing to talk about."

"You don't think a sloppy Vegas wedding, to someone you've sworn to hate, is worth a conversation?" Brian pressed.

Kevin glared at his younger cousin. "It was apparently a drunken mistake. I don't know what to tell you. I can't remember a damn thing. I had to have been pretty fucked up to even be in the same room with him, let alone touch him or for fucks sake marry him."

Brian shook his own head. "What the fuck are we supposed to do now? As far as Howie and I have been able to find out, only the five of us know right now. But apparently they publish this kind of stuff. Marriage records, divorce records. This shit is real Kevin, the wrong nosy person searching online databases will be able to find this shit. Then what are we supposed to do? Regardless of how drunk you think you were or what your intentions were, you've really fucked up this time."

The words Brian was speaking washed over him. The panic began to rise as he jumped to his feet. "Fuck you Brian. I wasn't the only one there last night. I'm not the only one who fucked up. Why don't you go lecture that little bitch who's still in the hotel room sleeping and leave me, the one out here busting my ass, alone."

Brian stood to his feet as well. Instead of lashing back out with anger he just took a good long look at the other man before shaking his head sadly. " You just don't get it do you? I guess if you haven't by now then you never will." With another sad look over his shoulder Brian turned on his heel and left Kevin standing on the stage.

-

Nick awoke with a start. He was so hot, the sheets drenched with sweat as he struggled into a sitting position. Glancing at the clock he realized it was after two. He'd been asleep for several hours and somehow still felt worse than he had when he'd laid down. He blinked a few times until his brain focused in on the pounding noise coming from the front of the suite. Swinging his long legs out of the bed, he carefully got to his feet noting there was still a bit of sway to his stance that was not normally there. How long could one person fight with a hangover? He stumbled his way through the hotel room and to the suite door. He opened it quickly, not even bothering to check the peephole to see who was standing on the other side. He smiled gingerly at his best friend casually leaning against the frame.

"Hey Frick." he said softly before turning and walking back to the couch, allowing the older man entrance to the hotel room.

"How are you feeling, Frack? Have you had anything to drink? You need to keep drinking as much water as possible to make sure you can perform tonight." Brian said softly as he settled into the couch beside his younger friend.

"I just woke up. I did earlier. I need to take some more Tylenol. And to answer your previous question, I feel like garbage." Nick closed his eyes and laid his head back against the cushion of the couch as he squeezed his eyes closed.

Brian let him sit like that for several moments before speaking. "What the hell happened last night?" he questioned softly.

"The hell if I know." came the mumbled reply as Nick ran his hands over his face.

Taking a deep breath Brian answered. "This is bad Nick. We need to set up a meeting with management as soon as possible before this gets out and come up with a plan. According to the research Howie and I've done there's only a few days before the information becomes public record which means it's searchable online. It's a matter of time before a nosy reporter or a fan finds it and then what." Brian watched Nick carefully for a reaction.

Receiving none he gently reached out and placed his hand on Nick's shoulder. "Are you listening to what I'm saying?"

Nick shot off the couch and whirled around to face his supposedly best friend. "Yes I hear you. I am not an idiot. I fully understand how bad this is. In fact I'm pretty sure it's worse than you even realize. So don't come in here harping at me about how bad I screwed up because I can guarantee you it's nothing compared to what I've already been saying to myself all morning."

"What do you mean? How could it get any worse than you married to someone you've not been able to be in the same room with for years?" Brian asked standing to face his younger friend.

Nick stared at Brian for several long moments before gingerly lifting the hem of his t-shirt and pulling it up and over his head. Turning to face the door to let Brian get a good look at his back he closed his eyes tight as he heard the sharp intake of breath from the man behind him.

"I'm pretty sure we slept together."