- Text Size +
Chapter 1

"I can't believe it's finally here," Natalie said as she beamed proudly. Her best friend, Karen smiled at her. She was happy that her best friend had found the person that she decided was worth spending her entire life with.

"Me either, but you don't know how happy I am for you," Karen asnwered.

"I think I might," Natalie replied as she smiled brightly and then laughed. Karen giggled and shook her head.

"Yeah, I guess you do," she replied.

"I'm just so nervious," Natalie said as she began to play with her dress and her hair.

"Relax. Everything's going to be alright. You look beautiful, you're going to knock everyone's socks off hun, don't worry."

"Yeah well, I just don't want to pass out in front of everyone because I'm that nervious," she told Karen.

"Don't worry you won't," Karen assured her, "everything is going to go great. We've gone through this all before. Besides, there isn't anyone out there that you don't know. There's no reason for you to be nervious. It's going to be a beautiful wedding."

"What if Nick changes his mind and doesn't want to marry me? I don't know what I would do if that happened. I wouldn't be able to take the embarasment."

"Now that's just crazy talk right there. Nat, Nick loves you. He wouldn't have asked you to marry him if he didn't. He wouldn't have gone through all this trouble if he didn't, alright? Relax and think positive thoughts. Think about the things you're going to do to him on your honeymoon alright." Natalie laughed and smiled at Karen.

"I just can't help being nervious," she answered.

"It's okay, just don't let it get to you. Like I said, everything is going to be alright. Just when you get out there look at Nick, alright? Think about how this is the beginning of a wonderful life with someone who cares about you and would never hurt you. 'Cause if he did, I'd kick his ass." Natalie laughed again and shook her head.

"Thank you."

"Anything to keep you from puking from a panic attack," Karen joked.

"Haha, very funny," she said sarcasticaly.

"Hey, it wasn't far from the truth you have to admit it."

"Shut up."

"A simple be quiet would safice." Natalie smiled as she turned her attention to look at herself in the mirror again. She started to push back a few stray strands of hair that had fallen loose from her bun.

"You look great. Stop looking in the mirror."

"I just want to make sure everything is perfect," she said, most of her attention was directed towards looking into the mirror.

"I hope I don't act like this when I get married," Karen said to herself.

"Don't worry, you won't," Natalie answered.

"Yeah I'm just going to walk down and say I do and lets get the honeymoon started," Karen said to her.

"No, I meant get married," Natalie joked as she glanced back at Karen.

"Haha," Karen replied, "just give me some time. There are a lot of jerks out there ya know. You got lucky and found a good one!"

"Yeah and I'm going to keep him," she replied.

"You better. He'd get picked up quickly if you dropped him."

"He's not your type Karen," she replied.

"Hey I never said that I wanted him. I just said that he was a good guy. That doesn't mean I want to jump on him."

"You better not," Natalie smiled.

"I'm gonna go after J. That man's fine."

"And engaged."

"A small problem."

"Small? He's in love Karen. Leave him alone," Natalie warned her friend.

"Why do you take everything I say so seriously? I'm not going to break anyone up. Hey things are the way they are for a reason. That and I'm sure Sarah could kick my ass in a heart beat."

*Meanwhile*

"Well Nicky, I thought you were going to be the last to get married," Howie said as he looked at his 'brother.'

"Why, cause you're 'Sweet D' and you thought you could beat me to the punch?" Nick asked as he looked over at Howie and grinned.

"No, cause you're only 22 and only a year ago you were happy single."

"People change D. Life changes. I've changed and thats because of Natalie. She's everything that I've dreamed of in a woman. Why wouldn't I want to make her a perminate part of my life?"

"Marriage is a big thing," Howie replied.

"I know that."

"Are you sure you're ready?"

"I if I wasn't, I wouldn't be here right now," Nick assured him, "don't worry. I know I'm doing the right thing. I know it."

"I know you are," Howie replied.

"Then what's with all the questions?"

"Just to be safe," Howie answered.

"Safe?" Nick asked confussed.

"To make sure that you're both ready for this. I can see you are, I just wanted to hear you say you were."

"D, you're crazy," Nick said as he sat back in the chair that was by the door. Howie smiled as he looked at his friend.

"When do we start?"

"Soon."

"Guys," Brian said as he walked into the room. In his tux, matching the one that Nick and Howie were wearing, "don't you think we should start getting ready?"

"I'm in my tux, you're in yours Howie's in his. Are Kev and J dressed?" Nick asked.

"Yeah," Brian answered.

"Then we're ready. It's only gonna take a minute or two to get where we need to be. We still have time," Nick told him as he walked over to the window and looked out.

"Nervious Nick?" Brian asked.

"A little bit," he answered.

"I just went by Nat and Karens room, she looks beautiful. You're very lucky."

"Thanks," Nick said to him, "I know."

"Yo, we gotta get moving," AJ yelled as he came into the room clapping his hands, "chop chop fellas!" The guys started to walk out of the room one after another. Then AJ noticed that Nick was still at the window.

"Hey, this your wedding man," AJ said as he put his hand on Nicks shoulder, "you kinda need to get your ass out there and marry that woman."

"I'm just a little nervious J," Nick replied.

"It's okay to be nervious man, but there isn't anything to be worried about. You love this woman right?"

"Of course I do," Nick answered him.

"And you're used to being in front of crowds right?"

"Yeah," Nick said softly.

"Then there's nothing you should be worried about. It's all going to go fine. Everything was checked over this morning. Everyone's here, everything's set up. We're ready to go dude."

"Alright then, let's go," Nick said and walked out of the room. AJ sighed and shook his head and then quickly followed Nick out. They arrived in the altar only moments later. Nick walked to his place and took a deep breath. He wanted to hide the fact that he was nervious. He was doing a good job. Thank god for him being able to assume mulitple personalities. Brian tapped Nick on the shoulder and nodded at him.

"Congrats," he whispered. Nick nodded back to him and then turned to look at everyone who was in attendence for the most important moment in his life. Nothing else had even come close to comparing to the joy that he felt right now. He was about to give everything to the woman that he had loved with all of his heart. This was right. He felt it in his heart. Soon the music began to softly fill the room. As Nick took a breath and the smell of all of the flowers consumed his sences. He made a mental note to himself about the beauty that was brought to his wedding by something that alone was so simple.

He opened his eyes after taking in the scent. His eyes once again began to wonder over all of the people that had travled, some futher than others, to be there for him. His family, her family. Friends from so many times in there lives were there. It was so amazing to see how all these people came together to watch these two people give there lives to one another. Nick sighed softly. Part of him was happy that the wedding was so big and complex, while there was another part of him that just wanted something simple. Something intimate. This was what Natalie wanted so he was more than happy to give her the wedding she always dreamed of.

Suddenly a strange feeling overtook Nick. The pace of his breath began to quicken. Brian looked over at Nick in confussion when he noticed that something was up with Nick. He walked over to Nick, put his hand on his shoulder and leand towards Nicks ear.

"What's wrong?" he whispered.

"I don't know, but I'm not feeling too good," Nick whispered back.

"You think you're gonna throw up or something? Do you need to go to the bathroom before we get started?" Brian asked.

"Yeah that might be a good idea. I'll be right back," Nick said as he walked out of the room and towards the back towards a bathroom. When he arrived there, he looked at himself in the mirror and took in a deep breath. What the hell was wrong with him? This was supposed to be the happiest day of his life. He shouldn't be feeling this sick about it. Nick leanded over the sink and started to think about what it was that may have caused this. Nothing. It was probably just nerves he assured himself. Some people handel it differently than others. That's when he heard it. Three loud poping sounds and the most horrific scream that he had ever heard.

"Natty," he said to himself softly. His eyes widened in fear and he ran over to where Natalie was supposed to be getting dressed. When he arrived, his breathing had become labored. He found that the door was open slightly. So he knocked.

"Natty, are you in there?" he asked and then he knocked again, "Natty?" He took a deep breath and pushed the door open. Natalie was lying on the floor. Her white dress was stained with the dark red color of her blood.

"No," Nick said to himself softly. He couldn't fight the tears that had begun to build in his eyes. He dropped to his knees, next to the woman who was about to be his wife. She was gone. Murdered.