- Text Size +
Chapter 5

"Nick did you hear that?" Natalie said sitting up and her eyes scanning the room. Nick looked at her, confussed.

"What I didn't hear anything," he replied rolling over, "go back to bed. You were probably just dreaming."

"No Nick I know I heard something," she told him. Her voice beginning to fill with anger. Nick sighed and then looked over at her.

"Would you feel better if I went and checked everything out?" he asked.

"Could you?"

"Yeah, if it'll make you feel better," he said getting up from the bed and grabbing his abondened boxers and pulling them on. Nick yawned as he walked into the hallway. Just as he thought, there was nothing out there and nothing was out of place. He knew that she was just dreaming but he decided to just do this to make her feel better.

He walked down the stairs and into the livingroom. Again he found nothing. At least now he could go up and tell her that there was nothing to be worried about. He decided that he would go up the back staircase so that he could tell her that he did check everywhere. Just as he walked into the hall leading to the stairs, a light breeze came through. Nick stopped and looked over towards the back door. It was open, it had been forced open.

He froze. So many things were running through his mind. Nothing was out of place so that meant that nothing was gone. Why would they have gone through the trouble of opening the door?Maybe they had heard him and Natalie and chickened out. Or maybe they were in the house at that moment. Nicks heart was racing. He didn't know what to do. Natalie. He had to go make sure that she was alright but do it quietly just incase they were actually in the house. Slowly Nick walked towards the stairs, trying not to make any noise. He walked up the stairs, watching carefully to make sure that he didn't run into any of there unwanted 'guests.'

He continued to slowly walk down the hallway to his room where Natalie was. Nicks eyes kept wandering around. He had to remain alert just incase. Though he kept telling himself that whoever it was, was probably long gone, he still had to make sure that everything was safe. When he reached his room he looked in but didn't see Natalie.

"Natalie," she said, his voice coming out as a whisper, "where are you?" No responce. His heart began to race faster. Where the hell was she? "Natalie? It's me," Nick said hoping that she was just hiding. Still there was nothing. Sweat was starting to form on his forehead. Where had she gone? Quickly Nick grabbed his sweat pants and put them on. He went down the stairs as quickly and quietly as he could. He ran to the front door which was still shut and locked. He opened the door and stopped when he saw Natalie. Some guy was pulling her towards a van. What was he supposed to do? The guy had a gun.

"Nick!" she yelled. The guy stopped and turned to face Nick, still keeping a grip on Natale. Nick froze when their eyes met. Time seemed to stop at that moment. Nothing was happening. Nick was so confused, he didn't know what to do. He knew that if he ran outside someone was going to be shot. He didn't want it to be Natalie so he wasn't going to take that chance, not just yet anyway.

"Look whoever you are, just leave her alone. You can take whatever it is that you want," Nick yelled to the man. "We won't say anything to anyone. Just don't hurt her," Nick continued as he started to walk closer to them.

"Don't come any closer," he yelled, "I'll shoot her if I have to. Don't think I won't."

"Alright, I won't move," Nick said holding his hands in the air to show that he wasn't going to reach for anything, "just let her go." Nick looked over at Natalie, tears were rolling down her cheeks. He could see the great fear in her eyes at that moment. He knew how she felt because he felt it too.

"Just stay right there," the guy said as the pointed the gun towards Nick.

"If it's money you want, you got it. You can take anything that you want alright? Just please let her go," Nick pleaded, "you can even take me if you want. You can get a higher ransom for me. If that's what you want. Think about it. If you get a BackStreet Boy, you can get a lot more. How 'bout that man?"

"Just shut the fuck up!" the man yelled, starting to become angry. Nick was starting to run out of ideas. He just wished he was able to convince this man to take him instead at least that way Natalie would be safe. Nick was sure that he would have been able to get himself free. This guy didn't seem to know much about what he was doing anyway. That and Nick was so much bigger than he was and he was sure that he would be able to fight his way out. Nick took a deep breath and silently hoped that he would be able to get the both of them out of this safely. Slowly he started to walk towards the man.

"Please, just let her go," Nick said fighting to hide all the fear that was overcoming him at that moment. Sweat had begun to form heavily on Nick as each second passed. Nothing at this point was certian. He didn't know if both of them were even going to survive. All Nick knew was that he was scared to death. Not even in his worst nightmares had her ever thought that he would end up in this situation. The man pointed the gun towards Natalie's head and Nick froze instantly. He wasn't going to let her get hurt because he had to act stupid.

"I told you not to move," he screamed, "I could fucking shoot her right now." Nick couldn't fight it any more, tears started to pour from his eyes. He was so scared. He didn't want to lose her. Not like this.

"Please, don't hurt her," Nick pleaded, "she doesn't desirve this." He looked over at her. Her eyes were shut tightly in fear as the gun was put to her head. Nicks mind began to race. He couldn't let him do anything to hurt her. He would never be able to forgive himself if he did. "Please," Nick said franticly, "leave her alone. Take me. Let her go." Bang. Nick dropped to his knees when he saw Natalie hit the ground.

Nicks body began to shake as the man ran to his van. Tears were running down Nicks face. Anger was building. He wasn't going to let this man get away with what he had just done. Nick stood up and ran after the unsuspecting man and tackeled him to the ground.

"Son of a bitch," Nick yelled.

Nick shot up to find himself still in his bed. It was another dream. All of it was. The night with Natalie the strange guy who had broken into the house and taken her from him. It was all a horrible nightmare. What did that mean? None of this made sence. The only things that were similar in both dreams was that they were together and she died in both dreams. Was this some kind of message to stay away? Stay away from what? What could there possibly be about Natalie that was so bad? No, it wasn't her. It couldn't be. These were messages telling him that if they were to be together she would be taken away.

"What the hell is going on," he said to himself. "I don't know," he thought to himself, "but I'm going to figure it out if it's the last thing I do."