- Text Size +
Chapter 8

Nick awoke on the boat felling Natalie snuggled closely next to him. A smile instantly came upon his face when he realized that last night had infact been real and not just another one of his crazy dreams. Nick let his hand slide up and down Natalies bare arm and placed a soft kiss on the top of her head. A soft moan escaped her lips. His smile remained on his face as she continued to sleep on his chest. He was so happy that she was with him.

The only thing that worried him was those dreams that he had been having. They were always in the back of his mind. No matter what he did, he just couldn't seem to forget them. It was like everytime that he looked at Natalie, they all come flooding back along with the fear of losing her. Fear of losing the one person that liked him for him.

"Morning," she said when she saw that Nick was awake.

"G'morning beautiful," he replied and placed another gental kiss on the top of her head. She smiled and continued to hold onto Nick.

"We're still on the boat?" she asked him.

"Yep," he answered. She sighed as she laid there. Nick could tell by the look on her face that she was happy, he was too. Last night had been great. He didn't want to let her leave. He felt that if he was able to keep her out here then nothing would ever happen to her. She would always be safe and away from harm.

"It was so nice spending the night out here," she mumbled, "I wish I could do this more often."

"Who says you couldn't?"

"You wouldn't get tired of staying out here?"

"Never."

"So what do we do now Nick?" she asked as she sat up and looked into Nicks eyes.

"What do you mean?" he asked, a little unsure of how to interpert her question.

"I mean was this a one night thing or what?"

"Natalie, this is more than a one night thing for me," he replied, "I wouldn't have went through with last night if I thought thats all it was going to be. I'm not that big of a jerk."

"Nick I am so sorry," she said wrapping her arms around him, "I've just had a lot of shit happen to me and I just thought that this was one of those things. I don't know, I shouldn't have thought that. It was kind of stupid of me to think that."

"Past relationships have a way of getting involved into your new ones," he said, not completely understanding what he was saying, "they just seem to make you think that everything goes sour, but it doesn't have to Natalie."

"You're too perfect Nick, what's the catch?"

"Only catch is, you have to let me take you out sometime," Nick replied as he watched her smile. She had gotten one of the responces that she was hoping for.

"How about we go out tonight?"

"Hey, sounds good to me," he answered, "I'll pick you up around eight."

"Alright sounds like a date," she grinned. He smiled back at her as he stood from the bed and began to put his clothes back on. She kept her eyes on him as he moved around the room. He looked back at her as he stepped out onto the deck.

"Are you going to get dressed are what?"

"I was kind of hoping we could have stayed like this for a little while," she replied.

"Don't worry, there's always tonight," he told her as he walked to the front of the boat. She smiled to herself when she heard Nick start it and start driving back to shore. She was dressed in a no more than a minute. Once she was dressed, she walked out to the deck and went up behind Nick and wrapped her arms around his stomach and placed her chin on his shoulder, or at least she tried too. He was much taller than she was.

Nick sighed as he watched her car pull out of the driveway. He hadn't really wanted her to leave. Turning around to walk into the house, he smiled, knowing that he had done the right thing by calling her and spending time with her. She was great and he was really happy to have her around. There was something about her personality that made him fall for her. He only considered that she might only want him for his money, but he just couldn't get himself to believe that, she was too good, too pure for that.

Nick dropped down onto the couch, he was still tired from last night. He hadn't fallen right to sleep like Natalie had. He stayied up just to look at her. She was so beautiful to him. Not only physically, but there was something about her personality that was just as striking. Nick laid back on the couch, hoping to take a quick nap so that he wouldn't be tired when he and Natalie went out. It only took seconds for Nicks eyes to become so heavy that had just had to shut them.

Visions soon started to take control of his mind and let him drift off to dreams. It was so clear, so real. Nick wasn't sure if this was another dream or if he had waken up this time. His eyes roamed over his surroundings. He was at a beach, this could very well be real, he thought. He spent so much of his life at the beach that there was nothing strange about him being at a beach. His eyes stopped when he saw Natalie. A large smile appeared on his face. Slowly, he started walking towards her.

The wind was softly blowing at her hair as she continued to stare out into the shore. He couldn't think about how much more beautiful she was then anything else that he had ever known. Nick kept his eyes on her as he continued to walk towards her. She smiled when she turned around and saw him walking up to her. Her eyes sparkeled as he looked at them and he was almost sure that she was an angel.

"Hi," she whispered with a large smile now forming on her face.

"Hey baby," he replied as he placed a soft kiss on her cheek. Her hand skimmed the bare skin on Nicks arm as she looked at him.

"I knew you would like it out here," she said as she turned away from him.

"Yeah, I love it. It's so beautiful," he replied.

"You always said that you were at peace when you were at the beach or on your boat. I knew this would be the right place."

"Right place for what?" he asked becoming slightly concerned.

"To tell you what I should have told you from the beginning," he replied as she turned around the face him once again with tears rolling down her cheeks. Nick didn't know what to say or what to do, "Nick... I..."

"You can tell me," he interupted, "you can tell me anything."

"I'm married Nick," she blurted out. He stood there, staring at her in shock, "AJ didn't know. I didn't tell anyone."

"If you're married then why did you move to Florida?"

"My husband got a better job here, we moved here so he could take it," she explained.

"Why did you hook up with me if you were already with someone?" Nick asked, slightly angered at her and partically heartbroken.

"Because you're what I wanted in a man..." she replied, her voice trailing off.

"Then why did you marry him if he wasn't what you wanted?"

"We have a baby and I thought that he was the one that I wanted, but Nick I was wrong. Really wrong. I know I shouldn't have lead you on, but I can't do this any more."

"You're staying with him?" he asked trying to hide the fact that he was hurt beyond relief.

"Yeah, we have a baby together. I just want my son to have a normal life with mother and father, that's all. If he wasn't around Nick, I would have left my husband the night that I met you."

"I don't care if you have a kid," Nick replied, "I'll be there for him. I just want you in my life. I'm in love with you."

"No," she said with her tears starting to flow even faster, "my husband's a good man. I just don't feel the same things that I feel when I'm with you."

"Then why stay with him? You can still have him in your life to be there for your son and still be with me too. Please," he pleaded.

"Natalie," came an angry male voice. Natalie turned her head quickly and her eyes widened when she saw him, "I knew you were fucking cheating on me."

"No Adam, it's not what it looks like," she said franticlly, "we were just talking. I told him that I have a husband." He looked over at Nick and reluctantly, Nick nodded to show that she was telling him the truth.

"Please, I know you're fucking cheating on me," he yelled as he tightly grabbed her arm.

"Yo man, leave her alone," Nick warned as he attempted to pull Adam off of Natalie.

"Stay out of this you little shit," he screamed, using his free hand to punch Nick in the stomach. Nick fell into the sand from the shock of the blow. He gasped for the air that had been knocked out of him by the blow. Adam had picked up Natalie and was carrying her to his car as she yelled and screamed for him to let her go. Nick forced himself to his feet and started to run after them.

"Look sir," Nick said trying to hide that he was angered beyond belief, "if the lady doesn't want you to take her anywhere then you'd better leave her alone."

"And who's going to stop me?" he asked, turning to face with a look of amusement on his face, "are you boy?" Nicks eyes were glowing with his anger, but he didn't want to hurt Natalie.

"Didn't think so," he said turning back to the direction of his car.

"I told you to leave the lady alone." He sighed and continued to walk to his car. He obviously wasn't threatened at all by Nick. Nick stopped following the, realizing that she had taken him out here to dump him. Maybe he should just back away. She had said that he wasn't a bad man, but from what Nick had seen, that must have been a lie. She was probably afraid to leave him and thats why she was breaking it off with Nick.

He watched as Adam put Natalie into his car. Nick wasn't sure what he should do. It only took one blow from this man for him to go down, Nick was no match for him. He watched as the car drove away. A tear was in Nicks eye. He was hurt and angry at the same time. How could she have done this to him? Slowly, Nick started to walk towards his car, though he didn't remember driving. He fought back all of his emotions until he reached his car then tears started to flow freely. She'd lied to him this whole time.

Suddenly, Nick was pulled from his thoughts. There was a loud explosion on the other side of the hill. For a moment, his heart stopped, he wasn't sure if Natalie was involved with it and if she was okay or not. Quickly he jumped into his car and drove around the hill. His car jerked when he suddenly stopped it. The car that held Natalie was skattered all over the streets. There was no way that anyone could have survived that. Tears began to take control again as Nick realized that he'd really lost her this time.