- Text Size +
Hey everyone that's been reading this story. I appologize for the long awaited update. I've just been a little dicouraged. When I started this story, I received a lot of reviews but as of lately I haven't, and that makes me think that either people are no longer interested or they don't like my story anymore. But I truly hope you all like this chapter.


*********************************************************


Not long after the door had been shut, Alyssa stormed out of the room with her suitcases in hand. She looked at Nick, who was standing outside on the balcony taking in the night sky. She dropped her bags at the door and marched over to the sliding doors and tapped on them. When he turned around she looked at him with total disgust etched on her face. She pulled the door open and tossed the room keys at him and handed him a small box. She turned without saying a word and headed towards Tyler's room.

She walked into the room, that believe it or not was filled with toys from both home and Disney World. She hated leaving him like this, but she had to. Maybe leaving Nick with Tyler would show the asshole what its like to have to do everything without the help of the other parent. He looked so peaceful as he slept, his eyes lightly shut, his favorite teddy hugged close to him. She smiled at her baby boy. The two had been through so much together. She wouldn't be gone long, she'd be back for her him, she was sure of it. Nick would probably call in a few days begging her to come and get the boy.

She brushed her hand against the boy's cheek and placed a small kiss on that spot. He sturred and blinked his eyes open.

"Mommy? What da matter?" He questioned, alarmed that her face was blotchy and tear stained.

"Nothing's wrong sweetheart, go back to sleep. I love you." She whispered, kissing him once more on the cheek and running a hand through his soft hair.

"I love you too mommmy." He closed his eyes and was back asleep within minutes.

Alyssa quietly left the room and headed back to her luggage. She grabbed her cellphone from her purse and dialed 411 for information. Within minutes they transferred her to a cab company and she asked them to come pick her up. She looked back at her husband, he wasn't even paying her no mind, he was still out on the balcony. She sighed and closed the door to the room. With great reluctance and a small trace of hope, she made her way down to the lobby where the cab driver was all ready waiting for her. The two made their way to the car and sped off towards her home.


*****



Nick was still outside on the balcony when the sun started to show itself, indicating a new day. He groaned. He hadn't gotten an ounce of sleep and he knew that Tyler would be waking soon and would be wanting to venture to another park for another exhausting day of rides, sites, and shops filled with endless merchandise. He made his way pack into the room and straight to his room. Maybe he could get a few hours in before the kid would be up and begging to leave. Finally he fell into a deep sleep, one where the night before's problems didn't matter.


*****



Small eyes slowly fluttered open, oblivious to events that had went down the night before. Clutching the beloved teddy bear to his chest, Tyler climbed out of bed and made a mad dash to the bathroom. He took care of his business, making sure to flush the potty and put the seat down, like his mother had taught him. He washed his hands with soap and dryed them with the towel. It was him morning routine, and though repetative, it worked. He left the tiny room in search to see if one of his parents were awake. He peeked into his daddy's room only to discover he was alseep, and snoring very loudly, which made the boy laugh. He then went to search for his mother. He searched her room, but didn't find, he searched the living room, the kitchen, he even looked out the glass windows that lead to the balcony, but his mom was nowhere to be seen. He grew worried. It wasn't like her to leave before he woke up and it scared him. He started hollaring out her name, hoping that maybe she was playin hide-and-seek, but she never showed. He flopped down in the middle of the living room floor and started crying, praying his mom would come and find him.


*****



Being back in the house was weird when Alyssa woke up to the gentle call of the birds outside. She remembered everything and was still angry, and being in their home didn't help. She was constantly reminded of Nick and Tyler. She gave her husband what he wanted, but in the process she hated to leave Tyler. It killed her knowing her son was probably up by now and searching his mother out. It brought her to tears thinking of the disappointed face when he found out his mother had went home. She had to put the two of them out of her mind. She hopped out of bed and started on the task at hand, moving herself out. But then it hit her, where would she go? She had no money of her own, Nick had always supported her. She searched for some way out. She could go to her parent's, but that wouldn't look good. Then she ran through a list of friends, some she thought were possibilities, but others simply were out of the question. Her best solution was a good friend named Kerri Thatcher. The two knew had known each other for a few years had lunch together once a week. She'd always confided in her about her troubles with Nick and she hoped and prayed that she would be there for this dilemma for Alyssa was in desperate need of guidence and a good friend.