- Text Size +
I know a lot of you have been waiting for this for a very long time. And believe you me I have been itching to get back to Alyssa, Nick and Tyler myself. I am truly sorry for the delay in my updates but I will definately be updating a whole lot more now that school and such and other stuff that I would not like to mention have slowed down. I thank those that sent me a kind message of understanding when I posted my authors' note. You don't know how much that means to me. Also, I am currently working on another chpater or two. I hope to have them up later today! Love you all that review. And if you've never reviewed please do. I love getting reviews and I respond to everyone of them no matter how short they are. Okay, now go read my update!


******************





A riany day was forecasted and it appeared the meteorologists were correct in their prediction that there would be rain nearly all day long. Nick suited Tyler up in his rain coat and attractive yellow rain boots. The two rushed out into the rain over to Nick's SUV and hopped in letting out a deep breath. It was abnormally cold too, the high barely making it to fifty degrees. The two men set off for the love of their lives' apartment. Today was the day that they would get Alyssa back and nothing, not even mother nature was going to stop their haste at gathering her and her belongings and whisking her home, where she belonged.

It was hard to see that day from all the rain pounding on the windshield but like the overprotective father he was, Nick slowed down and let the speeders pass him. He used to be one of those. A person who didn't care if it was raining cats and dogs, he would still go at least twenty miles per hour over the posted speed limit but that had changed dramatically within the past few months.

They finally reached the apartment buildings and raced to Alyssa and Kerri's door, pounding on it when they arrived. They stood there for what seemed like an eternity before Kerri finally opened the door, clad in a pair of bunny slippers and a house coat. She gave them an irritated look that made Nick chuckle out loud as he walked in. He didn't see Alyssa anywhere so he gave Kerri a questioning look.

"She's still asleep. We were up late last night talking." She smiled before walking off to her bedroom. "You can go in there if you like." She whispered before she closed her door.

Tyler looked up at his father and Nick looked at the closed white panel, otherwise known as a door, contemplating his next move. He kneeled down to Tyler's level and upbuttoned his yellow coat and stripped him of his boots before taking the kid's hand and leading him into the room, as quietly as they possibly could.

Nick felt Tyler pull on his hand and he looked at the boy and shook his head and placed his index finger to his mouth, indicating the kid needed to be quiet.

The two men silently walked over to Alyssa's bed and sat down on the side of it. Nick smiled in contempt as he looked down at his wife who was sleeping so peacefully that he hated to wake her up. Her hair was scattered everywhere, even all over her face. He brushed the annoyingly pieces away from her face. Her lips were all pouty and she had a happy aura surrounding her that made everything tranquil. He looked at Tyler who was looking over at him and motioned for him to go into the living room. Tyler reluctantly did what he was told and sulked into the living room to watch the beloved cartoons he was missing, especially Rugrats.

Nick sat there for what felt like forever watching the beauty lying in front of him. He had a smile on his face and he was taking in every second he sat there. He leaned down and gently brushed his lips on hers, startling her at first from her sleep but then was warmed by the warmth of her mouth kissing back. He pulled away only to be met with the most beautiful set of green eyes he had ever seen in his years of existence.

"Morning." She yawned, breaking the peaceful silence they had enveloped into.

"Hiya sleeping beauty." Nick chided, kissing her once again.

"Why are you here so early, and where's Tyler?"

"He's in the living room watching TV. I wanted to be alone with you for a bit." He said laying down next to her and enveloping her into a comfortable and yearning embrace.

"Oh really and why is that." She joked, snuggling into the crook of his neck, savoring the smell of his cologne.

"Oh honey, don't get me started." They both laughed. "In all seriousness Tyler and I have come to collect you and your stuff to take you home, where you belong."

She looked up at him and smiled. "Good, I'm ready to come home." And with that she gave him a small kiss on the cheek before getting out of bed and opening her closet which caused Nick to burst out laughing.

The woman had already packed all her posessions and they were all boxed away in her closet. "Don't laugh. I was just prepared." This only made him laugh harder. "Nick!" She exasperatingly fussed.

He stopped and looked at her before starting up laughing again, which caused her to join, which evetually led to the entrance of a very confused Tyler and a very moody Kerri. This sent them into even more hysterics.


*****


After the car had been loaded by three now drenched adults they all sat in the living room trying to get warm from the chilled, wet weather. Alyssa was shivering from the cold and Nick had to wrap her into a crushing hug to keep her warm. She wasn't complaining though, she yearned for any opportunity to be close to him and this was heaven to her.

The news was official though. She was indeed pregnant. That's why she and Kerri had been up into the wee hours of the morning. They were talking about the baby, how to tell Nick and how much they were going to miss living with one another. Now all Alyssa had to do was devise a plan to tell Nick the news. She wasn't sure if it was a good or bad thing as of yet, but she was getting rather exicited about the prospects of having another child. She had always hoped for a little girl to spoil rotten. Thinking of the unborn child inside her made her glow with happiness which recieved knowing looks from Kerri.

"Well honey, are you ready to go home?" Nick questioned standing up and pulling her up with him.

She smiled at him. "Yep, I sure am." And with that she enveloped Kerri into a hug.

"Tell him soon girl." Kerri whispered in her ear and Alyssa nodded, indicating she would.

"Don't be a stranger. You can stop by anytime." Alyssa said, nearly on the verge of tears. The two friends had developed a strong bond that would never be broken.

"Be sure to call first though." Nick winked at the two girls which caused them to forget about the tears and laugh.

Alyssa grabbed Nick's hand and Tyler's little hand and the three, along with the little one in her belly walked out the door back into the cold, wet rain. They made a mad dash to the car and jumped in back to her home, where she indeed belonged.