- Text Size +
Later that night Alyssa and Nick layed quietly in their bed. It was no longer his and it was no longer hers, simply their's. They were there, as close to one another as humanly possible. Nick had her wrapped in a tight embrace with one hand rested on her back and the other making tiny circles on her upper arm.

Alyssa snuggled against her husband's chest, loving its bare feeling against her flushed cheeks. She had goose-pimples all over her body from the tender touch Nick was administering to her arm. She had missed nights like these for the longest time and was determined to savor this particular moment. Over the past few years she had learned to take each moment and make it like it could be her last. She would take note of everything, every feeling, every word, every emotion, all of it. Life was precious and having Nick gone for so long taught her that and so therefore she made sure to detail everything, especially moments like these.

She looked up at her husband who was staring at the ceiling. There was no telling what was going through his mind at that moment. His mind couldn't be plagued with what hers was. She had to find a way to tell Nick that she was pregnant. They had just gotten back together and she wasn't sure if it was time to drop another bombshell into both of their lives.

"Nick?" She whispered, getting his attention.

He looked down at her and smiled. "Yeah baby?"

"What are you thinking about?"

"You, Tyler, everything really. Why do you ask?"

"Just wondering." She whispered snuggling closer to him, wishing it was easier to tell him the news. It was easier when he found out that she was pregnant with Tyler. He was on the road at that time and he heard the news from Brian. Alyssa had told Leighanne who promised not to say anything but like most women, she couldn't keep the secret for long. So Leighanne told Brian who congratulated Nick but was only met with a confused Nick. Then he went on to mention that Alyssa was pregnant and that's how the situation turned out. Nick had called her immediately to see if the story was true. He was excited but apprehensive at the same time, mainly because he was working on his solo album and wasn't ready to be a father. But nonetheless he was there, at first but that's all ancient history. There was the present to deal with and the gnawing fact that she still needed to tell Nick the news.

"Alyssa, what's bugging you?" Nick asked, raising her chin to meet his eyes.

"Nothing, why would you say that?" She put on a smile, hoping to convince him.

"Alyssa don't lie. Honey what's wrong." This time he sat the two of them up. He was against the headboard leaning against its cool frame. He turned Alyssa to face him and gave her a questioning look, the lines in his forehead showing.

"It's nothing really. Don't worry about it. Let's just go back to sleep." She tried to lay back down but Nick stopped her by grasping ahold of her shoulders.

"Sweety. I will worry about it until you tell me." He sighed and gave her a small smile.

She had to think of a way to tell him. The little hampster in her head was running faster than it could trying to make her brain function quick enough. "NickI'mPregnant" She spoke out as fast as she could, ducking her head away.

"What? Slow down Lyssa. What'd you say." He had a very confused look on his face.

She looked up at him, deep into the crystal blue eyes she loved so much. She sighed in to contempt. She knew then and there that this wasn't a bad thing nor a thing that should be kept from him any longer. She smiled a huge smile and whispered, loud enough for him to hear. "Nick, I'm pregnant."

He stared at the woman in front of him for the longest time and allowed those three simple words to sink into his head. He had to think back to when they had actually had sex to conceive. It wasn't until lately that they had, but then his brain registered the one night he had went out and had gotten drunk. That was the only time that he could think of because any other time it would not have been possible. At least the statistics were right. It did only take one time to make a baby, and this was proof.

"Well aren't you going to say something?" She was starting to feel self-conscious about him staring at her and not saying anything. Millions of thoughts were coarsing through her head, most negative. Most thoughts of how he might not want another kid.

"We're going to have a baby?" He questioned again to make sure his hearing was right.

"Yeah, we are." She was on the verge of tears from the negative thoughts running through her brain.

"Really?" She nodded, assuring him it was true. "Oh baby." He whispered wrapping her into a crushing hug and kissing her with all the passion and vigoration he could muster.

Alyssa melted into the kiss and the embrace. It was all she needed to know. He wasn't angry nor upset about the idea of having another child. Instead, he was ecstatic, like she was now. She pulled away from him and smiled a watery smile. Her eyes were watery from the emotion in the room.

"Alyssa, thank you, thank you." He whispered in her ear as he wrapped her into another hug.

"For what Nick? I didn't do anything you didn't do."

He laughed. "No sweety not that. I'm so happy. We're going to have another baby." He smiled. "Another baby... our baby." He whispered brushing a strand of hair behind her ear.

That night the two of them snuggled against one another in perfect dreams. Nick's hand never left Alyssa's stomach that night. He felt that he needed to let the unborn child know he was there and that was the only way he could think of doing it. Alyssa's hand was rested on top of her husband's on her belly. She had never been so happy in her life. She had a beautiful husband, an adoring son, and another baby on the way. Life was perfect to say the least.


*****

Dawn was breaking, the birds were singing, and the waves were silently crashing against the coarse beach. The beauty of the sunrise couldn't compare to the beauty of two sleeping forms wrapped together in a tight embrace. Small smiles were plastered on their angelic faces and small sighs could be heard now and again as the two lovers dreamt of one another.

Outside the peaceful room, a small mind was thinking. The child had been up since before dawn, craving his saturday morning dosage of cartoons. He had silently crept into the living room and switched on the television, keeping the volume as low as possible so as not to wake his loving parents. Though his thoughts weren't plaguing, they were particularly thinking about how Angelica Pickles could be so mean and how she still managed to get so many cookies. It was baffling to him.

So there he was, the pride and joy of his parents, just sitting there with his security blanket and favorite stuffed animal watching none other than the Rugrats. Time slowly crept by and the child began to get bored. Throughout the hour he would constantly glance down the hall to where his parents' room was located, contemplating if he should wake them up.

Of course he would wake them up. The sun was up and so therefore they needed to be up too, or so he thought. He left his Teddy Bear and his blanket it on the floor and proceeded in a mad dash down the hall to the partially closed door.

The door let out a small squeak as it opened and Tyler cringed at the sound. He was home free as he stepped into the quiet bedroom. He looked over on the bed and saw his parents laying there togehter, sound asleep. He walked over to his moms' side of the bed and profusely tapped her on the arm repetatively.

Finally eyes began to flicker, a brow started to crease and a few mumbles were heard as Alyssa woke from the her sleepy state. She opened her eyes and then abruptly closed them from the brightness of the sun. Opening them slowly this time she saw her son's smiling face directly infront of her. She had to back away and let her eyes come to focus more. She gave him a small smile and then stretched, completely forgetting her partner next to her. Her elbow made direct contact with his left cheek. The impact caused him to immediately awaken and groan in pain. Alyssa looked back at Tyler then at Nick who was now sitting up, staring at her like she had gone completely mad.

"Morning." She smiled sheepishly.

"Yes, a very lovely morning. Thanks sweetheart." He replied sarcastically, gently touching the side of his cheek where Alyssa had made contact. He groaned as he felt a bruised starting to set in.

"Sorry about that..." She started.

"It's all right." He cut her off, assuming the incident was a mistake.

By this time Tyler had climbed up on the tall bed, a difficult task for someone as short as he, but he managed. He was volleying between each parent as they spoke wondering when the best time to make his presence known. "Hi." He finally spoke up with a high pitched voice and a wave of his hand. It certainly caught their attention, for they stopped concentrating on the injury and smiled at him.

"Hey buddy, good morning." Nick said reaching out and grabbing his son by the waist and lifting him into his lap, completely forgetting the throbbing sensation pulsating in his cheek.

Tyler rested against his father's chest and stared at his mom who was smiling at them both.

"So little man, what do you want to do today?" Nick asked the inquisitive boy.

"I dunno." He replied and then asked, "Mommy, what you want to do?"

"I don't know Ty." She paused and then a lightbulb went off in her blonde head. I know! How about we go to the mall and go shopping?" She perked up at the idea. Shopping was by far one of her favorite activites and Nick knew it.

"Lyssa, don't you have to work today?" Nick asked, a worried expression on his face. His wife and a credit card, especially his, didn't mix well. They never had. He could never understand her fetish for shopping. She had plenty of clothes, more than three average people put together, but yet the woman continued to shop.

"Unfortunately for you, no I don't" She smiled. "So it looks like we're going shopping."

Tyler clapped his hands. Shopping meant that he got to ride the train in the mall for more times than he could count, if he in fact was able to count that high. He could only get to eight and then he would get confused but ask him his abc's and he would tell you them in a heartbeat.

And so, they all got up and got dressed for a full day of shopping, much to Alyssa's delight and to Tyler's delight in riding the train. It was weird, for a Saturday the malll wasn't crowded, but that was a good thing. Although the fact that Nick didn't get noticed by anyone was weird and also a little heart wrenching for him, but in the end, the day went along perfectly well. Alyssa made up for his gloomy mood by purchasing some extravigant lingere that made Nick smile with a deviliously handsome smile that send her heart racing and her blood boiling. All in all, Alyssa only spent a couple grand, not much to her standards and that night, they were happy to explore deeper into one of her expensive, yet pleasing purchases.