- Text Size +
The atmosphere was so peaceful that it would be a pure sin to try and destroy it. The salty aroma, the gentle soothing breeze, the faint sound of water hitting land, all was peaceful. Even for a person deep in turmoil, a place like the ocean could be the most soothing place. The stars above twinkled with knowledge, knowledge of the past, present, and one could suspect knowledge of the future, but who really knows. All he cared about was the fact that he finally found some sense of peace. No more jumbled thoughts, no more plaguing questions, no more worrying about what would happen next. This moment, a short wrinkle in time was all he needed.

It was late, nearly after midnight and Nick had the strongest urge to go down to the beach. It had been ages since he'd ran his toes through the course sand and felt the soft foam of the oceans wave wash up against his ankles. This was exactly what he needed. The serenity, the chance to be back in a small portion of his element. He glanced back at the house. It didn't look like the prision it had earlier but now it looked welcoming. How, he had no idea, but it finally brought a smile to his face. He was at ease, but how long would that last?

He looked back out over the calm water, the moon casting a mystical glow making the water sparkle with every wave. He heard utter silence, but it didn't phase him. It had been awhile since he'd heard that, the deafining sound of absolutely nothing. He took in a deep breath and flopped to a ground with a thud that he knew he'd feel later that day, but he didn't care. He was lost in his own little world, transfixed with his own thoughts.

She knew he was outside, she had been watching him for over an hour. He mesmerized her. One would think it would be stocking if it weren't for the fact that they were married. She wished she could help, even if only a little bit. She was lost, caught in his web. She sighed to herself and stepped away from the window and walked around the room, looking at various objects. All were symbolic. The vase that now held a boquet of fake wild flowers used to hold fresh flowers delivered everyday. He would always send her flowers, daisies, carnations, roses, lilacs, even if he was busy he'd still find time to send them, at least he did until a year ago. The vanity that held all her jewelry, jewelry that he bought. Her favorite piece was a necklace that was decorated with tiny diamonds and emeralds layed out in a pattern, two diamonds and an emerald, and the sequence would contine all the way through the beautiful piece.

She sat down at the vanity and looked at her reflection in the mirror. She hadn't changed hardly at all. She pulled her hair down out of the messy bun it was in and picked up her soft brush and combed it through her hair, each piece laying where she wanted it to be. She was lost in her own little world, in a different time. One that didn't hold all these problems that her and her husband were facing. One that held all the answers she needed.

She jumped up from the vanity knowing what she had to do. She grabbed her robe and rushed through the house hoping that Tyler wouldn't wake up and need her. This was important and she knew she had to do it.