- Text Size +
"I've got an idea!" Nick said later that day coming into the play room where Alyssa and Tyler were playing with some toys. Both of their heads shot up at Nick's enthusiasm. "How about we go to Disney World tomorrow."

"Disney World!" Tyler jumped up from his sitting position and started dancing around the room, bringing two hearful laughs from his parents. "We go?" He questioned, and got a nod from both Nick and Alyssa. "Yay!"

"We'll get up early tomorrow morning and drive up there and spend the entire day." Nick said to Alyssa.

"Wait, why don't we spend a few days up there and visit all the parks. We haven't done that since... since." She couldn't finish her sentence, it was too painful.

"Since before we were married. I know." He sighed. It looked as if they were going to have another talk. He hated those very much. They were totally pointless to him. She got up from her own sitting position and went past him. She stopped only briefly to look at him, then sighed and left the room. 'Damn that woman' he thought. she knew exactly how to get under his skin, and used it to her every advantage.



*****


Later that evening they were all packed and ready to go. The car was loaded up and they'd called a few friends to occasionally check in on the house. Tyler was bouncing around ready to go. Nick and Alyssa were running through a check list of things making sure everything was ready to go.

"Let's go." Nick finally shouted out, standing by the garage door. Before Nick knew it, the kid was zooming through the house and rushing towards him. "Whoa little man, where's the fire?" Nick laughed. Tyler just shrugged his shoulders and pointed to the door, beckoning it open.

"Okay, I think we have everything." Alyssa announced coming into the small alcove that led to the garage beyond the door. "Are you guys set?" She only received two nods from both her favorite guys, which of course made her laugh. "All right, let's go." Tyler let out a sound of excitment and Nick just laughed.

All three went quickly out the door. Nick tried to get Tyler in his booster seat, but finally became fed up and let Alyssa do it. The two adults took their seats up front, Nik driving and Alyssa taking the passenger one. And they were off, on their way to a long weekend full of rides, attractions, Disney characters, and who knew what else.

The ride, though only an hour long, was relatively quiet. Tyler sat in the back watching his favorite movie, Finding Nemo, giggling at the funny parts, sending his parents looking back at him with smiles on their faces.

"You've done a lot with him while I've been gone." Nick noted sincerely.

"Well, it hasn't exactly been easy, but I've done the best I can."

"Thanks, and Alyssa." She looked at him. "I truly am sorry for not being there and helping you out. I don't see how you've managed to do it all on your own. Today, just trying to get him dressed and into his seat was a task for me, but yet you do it without even one complication. How do you do it?"

'There have been days when I've just wanted to give up, send him to one of our mothers, but I knew I couldn't. He was my only lifeline, he was the only person that kept me going. I love that kid to death, more than anything else in the world. And he loves you, so much. I would tell him stories at night of some of our crazy adventures. Of course, I changed them into more Disney rated tales, but he still enjoyed them a lot, and I loved having someone to talk about them."

"We did have some good times didn't we!" He laughed and she nodded. "Remember the last time we were at Disney World? We were with the guys then."

"I remember." She laughed, remembering that day. "We purposely strayed away frm them and they were so pissed at us."

"Especially when they found out what we had been doing all that time. Remember how we just continued to hop from park to park, not caring if we got caught by fans and how we would harass everyone employee, and those poor characters, I'm sure we had a bunch of them mortified. I'm surprised they didn't ban us from the place!"

"I remember Randy was so mad at us, especially you. He kept going on and on about how stupid we'd acted and what would have happened if we were noticed."

"And then we got yelled at again because we kept rolling out eyes, acting like we were yawning and not listening. He was so furious."

"That was a fun day. I'm glad we had that day."

"Me too." He smiled over at her, taking his eyes off the road to look at her.