- Text Size +
Jordan paced around the hallway looking in every room on his way over to the flight of steps, cussing the whole way. He was in charge, the others could mess up but not him. He had to set an example. He never messed up and if he did, he NEVER let them know about it. They had to fear him, not laugh at him behind his back. Now these stupid kids were ruining everything. All the hours of planning, meticulous planning, down to the second. All gone to waste because these stupid ass kids couldn't just follow directions.

He thought about going back up into the lobby and shooting the other three. That would teach them a lesson, but he made a promise to Terry. Even though she could be the stupidest and meanest bitch on Earth, he loved her. He promised her that no one would die. So as much as he wanted to, he would spare the stupid lot of them. For now anyway.

He ventured down the hallway and decided to go up the steps. They always ran up instead of down for some reason. That's what years of terrorizing people taught him. "Nick, AJ come on out, I won't hurt you I promise" He whispered as he walked the long hallway on the second floor. It opened up to a huge room, probably a break room, full of desks, couches and vending machines. He knew about it though, he had travelled the length of this bank with his eyes shut many times. Knew every hiding place inside and out anticipating that someone would try to run and hide.

He was certain that it would be one of the bank employees not two teenagers. He was getting angry again as he continued to call them by name looking under every desk, and in every closet. He had thought of everything, right down to those silent alarms, he had someone working with him from the inside, someone he paid a lot of money to. They made sure the wires to the alarms were disconnected. They made sure that the main branch understood the bank would only be opened until ten because of a water pipe problem, he had made sure that the security guards who freely roamed the bank during operating hours were conveniently given the day off. Hoping that all of the working guards wouldn't bother to ask why.

It all worked. So seamless that it was only a matter of time before something happened to ruin things. First the wrong password to log into the system now this. It didn't seem fair! He thought as he walked down the steps towards where he knew the kids would be. They would have to be down there. It was the only place left to hide...




Nick and AJ sat in the dark, quiet and scared. The sound of Nick's huge deep congested breaths the only sound heard. It was so dark, you could barely see your own hand in front of your face. It was comforting to AJ, he liked a dark room. This proved to be a cause of many midnight fights between these two very boys. Because Nick was the polar opposite. He needed light.

AJ hated rooming with Nick because of that very reason, he wouldn't be happy unless there was a glow in the room. A light shining so brightly that it would cast shadows in the entire area making it impossible for him to fall asleep, so he would wait. Wait until he heard the familiar talking that Nick did when he was asleep. Only then, would AJ creep over and shut the bathroom light off so he could fall asleep.

He felt bad for Nick now, as they sat together in the cold dark room. He knew Nick was probably scared to death. He was sure that the kid was searching for his arm to cling to. Anything to hold onto to make it alright. So being the older brother he was, he stuck out his own hand until it felt Nick. The younger boy let out a little squeal, "Shhh it's okay it's just me kiddo"

Then he felt Nick's grasp, hold onto his hand and run up his arm pulling him closer. "I'm so scared AJ" He whispered through shivering teeth. "I know, me too, but at least we are together"

"I know, I hated being alone"

"Well, you're not alone anymore. I am here and we will get out of this okay?"

"Okay" He stroked Nicks hair, feeling the warmth coming from his head. He knew if the guys saw him doing this he would catch hell considering he was the first one to call any of them pansy asses for doing similar things. There was something about Nick though, something young. It was hard to explain, but he felt he needed to protect him. He was also concerned because of the heat coming off the kids body, he had a fever and it was high. Thank goodness he hadn't coughed in awhile though.

"I'm so cold AJ, I wish I had listened to all of you and brought a heavier jacket along" AJ thought about taking his own off to give to Nick but he needed it. He was protective, but not stupid. Instead he grabbed three huge canvas bags and covered Nick and himself with them.

"Is that better?"

"Yes thanks AJ"

"No problem"

They sat huddled next to each other like two new born puppies in search of their mother's warmth, in the cold darkness of the room. Footsteps approaching...




Jordan made his way down the long corridor of the banks basement, a place he would be visiting later on, when it came time to collect his money. There were only a few rooms down here, the safe room, which they wouldn't be able to get into. The computer room which he was now searching, and the storage room. They had to be in one of those places.

He turned the light on to the computer room and went through rows knocking over chairs and papers along the way. Looking in closets and yelling their names. No sign of them anywhere. So he ventured down the hallway to the storage room, kicking open the door he walked inside. "Nick, AJ I know you are in here so come out now and no one will get hurt" He said in a commanding voice.

When he walked in, he felt a cool breeze meet him and a foul smell of garbage. There was no heat in this room. He walked over and turned on the light. There were canvas bags lying everywhere and two big garbage bins, he knew they stunk but he was a betting man and he was willing to gamble all of his money on the fact that those boys, who had caused him so much grief, were hiding in those garbage bins.

He walked over and jumped up to look inside. It was pretty much empty, if they were hiding in this one, he would be able to see them so he went over to the second one. There was more garbage in there, so he started to dig, once again anger making it's way back full force.

"Come on boys, come out now and I promise I will not hurt you, I was mad before not anymore" He said still digging in the disgusting garbage. A big lump in the canvas made him change his mind about the garbage can. It was a big lump just sitting there amongst the rest of the bags. He smiled wide as he made his way over to the boys, ready to uncover them. They would be sorry too!

He walked over to the lump, and pulled back the canvas, exposing what was underneath. "I've got you now boys HA!"

But it turned out to be nothing. Just more bags. He threw them aside and started kicking at the pile, kicking all the bags up in the air "I'm gonna fuckin kill you kids I swear to God I am!" He shouted as he kicked each bag until there were none left.

"Where the hell are you?" He said more to himself then to the room. He walked back over to the garbage and jumped in digging hard now, once again he came up empty. He jumped out of the bin and walked out of the storage room. Now he knew what he had to do, Terry would be mad but he had to, he had no choice...