- Text Size +
Nick and AJ had just gotten comfortable in each other's embrace when the footsteps had come. At first Nick had hoped it was just his imagination playing tricks on him. But when he heard the guy only in the very next room, shouting to them and throwing things around, he knew it was all to real. Before he had a chance to say or do anything, AJ was up and frantically looking for a place they could hide. He motioned for Nick to jump behind the garbage dumpster. It was a narrow space between the wall and the dumpster but he was certain they could both cram themselves in there.

So Nick had jumped right into the empty dumpster and climbed over the back into the cramped space. AJ followed quickly. They just had time to duck down when they heard the man kick open the door. AJ grabbed Nick's mouth just in case the boy had to cough, there was no way they could get caught. He was sure the guy would kill them if that happened. So they just sat, still and quiet as the man whispered lies to them, trying to lure them out.

AJ was glad that he was with Nick because he was certain that the kid would have believed the guy when he said he wouldn't hurt them. He would have crawled out and then been sorry. The man was searching the dumpster that the boys were right behind. AJ's eyes bulging so far out of his head that they could have popped right out. He was inches away from the boys, all it would have taken was a breath, a movement, a sneeze. All the man had to do was get on his tip toes and peer behind the bin, but fortunately he didn't.

He jumped into the next one. There was a better chance of being seen from there, then he felt it, Nick's body convulsing. AJ held his hand tighter around the younger one's mouth to stifle any sound at all. He was really convulsing now. AJ wanted to take his hand away, afraid that his friend was choking, but he couldn't. The light finally being turned on, AJ was able to look at his friend, and tried to calm him down only to be met with panic in his eyes. Panic and tears. He just had to wait it out.

It felt like forever before Jordan, satisfied that the boys weren't in there, finally decided to leave the room. Even after he was gone AJ kept a firm hand over Nick's mouth just in case he was standing right outside the door. He heard a rattle of the door once again and was about to duck, until he heard the sound of footsteps walking away. Finally AJ removed his hand from Nick's mouth and watched his friend fall to the floor in a heap, gasping and coughing.

J bent down and rubbed Nick's back, "I'm sorry I had to do that buddy, we couldn't let him hear you"

"I know" He said looking up at his friend. AJ helped him up and together they climbed out from behind the garbage bin.

"I thought you were gonna kill me you know" Nick said once he was safe under his canvas bags again.

"Yeah I know, I'm sorry" AJ said before once again joining him, this time with the light on just like Jordan left it.

"I wouldn't have had to cough that hard if you had bought me my cough medicine"

"Shut up Nick"

"Okay" He said huddling under the mound of sacks.




Jordan was furious now, where could those two kids be? He was positive they would be in that room. They had to be. There was no other way out. So after he left, he locked the door behind him, just in case they were in there, he would have them trapped. He jiggled the handle to make sure it was locked, and once satisfied, he ventured up the stairs. Now he had to tell Terry his plan before he shared it with the rest of the guys. He walked back into the main area where his hostages were sitting, anxious and nervous. Especially the three other guys who were with AJ and Nick. This is gonna be fun, he thought to himself as Terry came running towards him.

"Where the hell did the other one go? Is it possible that he got away too?" She asked in a smart ass kind of way. He gave her a look. He was hoping she wouldn't cause a scene, not until he was able to tell her his plan, but she was making that impossible, and the proud smirks on the rest of the hostages faces made him angry. He wanted to wipe those smirks away and replace them with fear. Something he hadn't felt since they started this whole thing. These people didn't fear him. He was gonna change that right now.

"You wanna know where that kid is?" He asked her, purposely making eye contact with the kid's friends when he said it. They had to feel like they were in for some bad news. It worked because their gloating turned into concern. "I'll tell you where he is, down stairs, I killed him" An audible gasp was heard going throughout the crowd. "You what?" Terry spit out, venom in her voice as she approached Jordan.

"You heard me, I killed him, the bastard tried to get away, so I shot him and then I killed the little blonde too!"

"You son of a bitch!" Kevin said charging at the man with all of his might, he actually knocked Jordan down and it took both Jason and Chris to pry him off."

"After they settled Kevin and the others down, Terry turned towards him, "How could you do this? We had an agreement! I'm leaving!" and in a huff she started to walk out the door.

"Ter WAIT!!" He yelled after her and went for his gun, that would be a great added effect for them to see. Him pulling out a gun and holding it to her, for disobeying him. But then he remembered when he fought with AJ, he had lost his gun, so instead he caught up to her and pulled her aside. "Let go of me asshole!"

"Terry hold on a sec"

"No! We had an agreement. You promised no killing remember?"

"Yes, and I lived up to my end of the deal" She looked at him all confused.

"What are you talking about Jordan?"

"They aren't dead" He said in a whisper then he looked over to make sure no one could hear him. Chris and Jason were trying to shut up the hostages, who were now rallying around the other three guys who supposedly just lost their friends.

"The idiot pushed me down and escaped with the blonde"

"Escaped?" She asked mad and amused at the same time.

"Well, not really escaped, they have to be here somewhere. I needed Chris and Jay to believe that I had killed those boys.

"So what you are saying is you messed up again then?" She asked him disgust poured over every word said.

"Yeah Terry I guess I'm a big ass screw up!" He wanted to slap her but refrained. He walked away making sure to go nice and slowly when he passed the three now grieving friends. They were all crying, beside themselves with sadness. Good his plan worked just fine.

"Now you see what happens when you cross me" He shouted making eye contact with the hostages and then his own team. He had won this round. He looked up and was met with terror filled eyes. The only kind acceptable to him...